Bob Wilkinson's scrapyard

BD3

The Patrick collection is almost extinct now. Alot more of it was sold off around 2004ish so I think it's down to around 30 odd cars now from around 300 or so..

I was involved when he had reduced the collection to around 90 and I had the pleasure to get them roadworthy/MoTd for an impending move to the Black Country Museum. Took me a few years while I had the biggest toybox to play with :D but all things come to an end and the BCM deal didn't take off and so I was asked to leave..

The Tagora was sold well before I got there (2000).

I'm considering tearing the back room up to find my Classic Cars tape, and passing them to Peter to digitise.

The History Channel cut the start from both of those episodes, BTW.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old post, just thought I'd reply, Bob was my Grandfather he passed away 2 years ago, and sorted out car parts right up to the end :D Down at the yard was where he was happiest!

Thanks for posting the programmes to you tube it was great to see it again!

Yes the scrapyard was cleared in 1998 but he moved all usable parts to his yard mentioned in the programme. Which is still full!

We will be clearing it this year!

Naomi

I know this is an old post, just thought I'd reply, Bob was my Grandfather he passed away 2 years ago, and sorted out car parts right up to the end :D Down at the yard was where he was happiest!

Thanks for posting the programmes to you tube it was great to see it again!

Yes the scrapyard was cleared in 1998 but he moved all usable parts to his yard mentioned in the programme. Which is still full!

We will be clearing it this year!

Naomi

Sorry to hear of your loss Naomi. Is there going to be some kind of auction for it all?

Thanks for your comments :) Bob is still sadly missed but he had a good long life (he was 92 when he died!)

We will be having some sort of yard sale, details to be in practical classics later on in the year.

My husband and I spent quite a bit of time with Grandpa at the yard so know he would want the parts to go to those that need them rather than the scrap man! So that's what we're trying to achieve :)

Naomi

Blimey,

How did I miss this thread the first time round?

As it happens I found the following pics when I moved house recently (alright, I actually moved nearly five years ago but I'm still unpacking boxes occasionally).

I took them about 1995/6 so apologies for the heavy VW content but that was what I was seriously into at the time.

IMG.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Reckon I took this thinking the yellow thing upper left was a Dyane. It's actually a Renault 4 of course.

(Oh the innocence of youth)

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thread Ressurection I know.

The clearout started today, and will continue for a week.

My mate and I went this morning and it was a very interesting experience. There is so much stuff, but you need to know what you are looking for. Majority of it all was British stuff, as you would expect, but there was some 'Forren' stuff too. I was on the look out for Fiat 850 stuff but most of the Fiat stuff was 500 & 600. Chatted to a bloke who was after Renault 10 stuff, who wasn't having much joy, although he mentioned there were quite a few bits for NSU & DKW. There was a lot of VW stuff though. I also noticed Simca bits and pieces too, 1100 headlights for example...

In the end I didn't get anything but my mate came away with some early Mini speedos and cooper cylinder heads.

I recommend a visit, especially if you know what you parts you need. Water Lane, North Hykeham, Lincoln, LN6 9QT.

I didn't take a camera, but I did take some phone pics, but please excuse the crappy quality.

I was very taken by the racking made up of pre-war car chassis.

Photo490.jpg

Photo493.jpg

Photo491.jpg

Photo492.jpg

Photo494.jpg

Photo495.jpg

Photo496.jpg

Photo497.jpg

Photo498.jpg

Photo499.jpg

Photo500.jpg

Photo501.jpg