big money shite

Mr_Bo11ox

Yo dicky, I know that and have been practising it for years! I have bought about 3 cars in my whole life that cost over a grand - a 3-yr old SEAT malaga, an Audi V8, and something else that I cant remember. apart from those all cars i've ever bought have been £300 or so max.

As for Norm's Pious suggestion, GTF!!!! Pop us an AMC Eagle on the boat and i'll LPG it to appease the polar bear lovers.

Dunno how much you're thinking of spending on shite, but if you want some gangsta wheelz, a mate of mine is flogging a 30k mile Chrysler 300C Estate diesel on a 57 plate for £12k.

It's actually rather an amusing thing.

Other than that, yeah, I'd be going for that 2.5 TDi Superb. I rate 'em.

This all sounds very familiar. At the time I had my ebay search set to:

Mazda Xedos 9 Miller

Volvo S80 T6

Volvo V90

BMW 7 Series ( any V8 )

Vauxhall Omega Elite

Vauxhall Signum 3.0d

Saab 9-5 3.0d

Honda Legend

VW Phaeton

Lexus GS

Skoda Superb 2.5tdi

Lancia Thesis

Sonata 3.3

Hyundai XG

Nissan QX

There may have been more, but I've forgotten. A nice mixture of sensible stuff and older vehicles that I had previously said "mmm, one day when I can afford them" to. The Thesis purely because they take the Scorpio look and fingerbang it to oblivion.

I was sore loser on a fair few of that list (unusual Ebay discipline), and only bought the E39 as it was so cheap for a good car from a trusted seller.

Had a lucky escape with the A8 more recently. What was I thinking? I had a 2 day test drive in an S80 V8. It left me cold - the seats were great, the performance was excellent, but it wasn't the cossetting experience of an A8. I've been spoilt by the Jag probably. I know it is a big car, but it felt even bigger than it was - the central console seemed to be a walk away.

After my happy E39 experience, I'd probably be looking for a 51 reg 728i - as late and low miles as possible.

I recently learned that the Phaeton was available with the 5.0 V10 diesel. I expect that would be stretching the budget, but it'd probably be worth it.

There are some terrific shite-barges out here from Buick.

Posted Image

That's the old Regal, the new one is the same as the UK Vauxhall Insignia.

If this (appropriately named "Forest Wolf Avenue" which appeals to the Chinese motorist more than "Park Avenue") was available in UK, I'm sure it would be on several Autoshiters luxobarge hot-list. It's how I image the Senator would have evolved into:

Posted Image

The old one is more fitting though but I can't find a photo of it anywhere.

Hmmm. Depends on mileage. If you aren't doing that much then go for a big petrol engine. Otherwise, van every time for me. The Vivaro / Trafic / Nissan is a pretty decent thing to drive and surprisingly quick.

Also, GR8 4 having a good view of grlz in cars next to you at traffic lights :D

(though having a van does mean that 'people' think you won't mind helping them collect something they've bought on ebay / from Ikea / go to the tip)

I would seriously advise against the van, especially a Vivaro. Atleast make it a Sprinter if you do.

The Superb is a good call as in being a decent car, personally too popular/normal if it were my choice. I'd prefer the Passat W8 or Phaeton if going for something similar.

Honda Legend too boring? Avantime?

The S80 V8 is a cool motor.

If I were in your position I`d get the late `90s Cadillac STS - you can probably get one from the early 2000s - much better looking than the new Caddies, very well proportioned like a big `80s Italian number and a nice bluff front end, well rated, supposed to handle alright and the Northstar engine is meant to be tough, plus there`s plenty of them around, they were sold in UK dealers, parts shouldn`t be a big problem, but a totally different choice, I know the W8s etc are probably really impressive machines but why have such a commonplace shape when you don`t have to?

GOOD SHOT VIC! Well chosen, and why on earth didn't I think of it? They were even available RHD, in fact I've seen one out here on UK plates. 4.6 NorthStar is a cracker of a V8 even if it does drive the wrong wheels. Buy now before everyone realises....