Hideous!

pogweasel

Posted Image

The new Ford Ka is absolutely absurd, the styling all sweeps up towards the back and you're left with this clumsy back window which doesn't really line up with the rest of it. The back side windows are tiny too, bet it's awful being sat in the back of one.

Looking at that picture it would have been much better if the rear lights hadn't been dragged halfway up the side of the car as per current fashion. Should have just joined the vertical back window/hatch line down to the bumper/rear wing join.

As far as the Multipla goes, its ugliness is partly repaid by the fact its a modern car that gives the impression you can actually see out of it.

To be honest I like most of these rubbish-looking cars. To be honest I don't think most of them shown in this thread look that bad, a lot of them are just "quirky" designs rather than downright ugly (the 308 isn't a quirky design).

Posted Image

The new Ford Ka is absolutely absurd, the styling all sweeps up towards the back and you're left with this clumsy back window which doesn't really line up with the rest of it. The back side windows are tiny too, bet it's awful being sat in the back of one.

Thats what you get when you cba to design a car and use a Fiat chassis...

Posted Image

Well said. The first generation Ka was a well judged piece of styling on what could have been a very tricky platform on which to design a handsome car - a cut down Fiesta.

Posted Image

It manages a remarkable thing. The base model (with wheel trims and black bumpers) looks just as well styled as the sporty and top of the range models.

The new Ka though is just a poorly proportioned mess, as blobbily styled as the original was crisp.

The driving experience has suffered badly too. It IS awful in the back too. Well, awfully dark.

How could Ford get it so wrong?

I can't believe no-one has yet mentioned this:

Posted Image

Looking like the bastard offspring of a Honda Integra and early MR2 (with the confused Integra also citing the Pontiac Fiero as a potential father as well) - the Subaru XT.

Or this:

Posted Image

From the squiffy headlights, via the wonky door handles, to the tail lights perched on the saggy arse, the current Laguna is a trifle erm, err, well, um ..... striking. That's the word. Striking.

Posted Image

There's a lot of up-to-date moderns I really like, most Citroens and Renaults. I think styling at the moment is really good, but some seem to be taking it a bit too far. All these cars are going to look incredible in about 30 years. Even those fairly rancid new BMW's are quite nice, since Chris Bangle left. Audi's are really nice, no-nonsense styling.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I always liked the old Legacies, there was something smart and understated about them. This looks like a Chinese rip off of the last shape Vectra

Posted Image

I think those in charge have decided they don't want to make any more money

Posted Image

What is most depressing is that you know they'll sell thousands

Oh THAT show! I remember it now. Three really spastic blokes doing a lot of crossing and uncrossing of legs, lots of bad hair and dentistry, and every other show something is put on a catapult. Yup. Sorry, I remember it now. And it was always the previous year's season.... :wink:

Actually, going off at a tangent - a fairly recent W.H.O. report showed that dentistry and oral hygiene was at a lower level in the USA compared to the UK.

Have to admit going to the dentist in the US is a bit of a treat - TV's/DVD's to watch whilst they perform their works etc.

The best dentist I ever used was Chinese though - very basic dental surgery but 1st class work and service :D

Another manufacturer vying for honours - Chrysler/Dodge:

Posted Image

The Dodge NitroPresumably a serving suggestion, along with glycerine, a long fuse, and a match

Posted Image

The Dodge Caliber

Posted Image

Chrysler PT Cruiser cabrio Conversion presumably by MacLaren prams

Posted Image

Chrysler Grand Vovager Styling wise not that bad, but it's well blingin, innit?

And of course they also own Jeep, the makers of the Compass, which started all this off in the first place.

Posted Image

:shock:

I used to work with a girl who had one of these, in this colour too! They do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I find I'm beholding less and less of it with every showroom I pass. At classic-car events, the reverse is true, I behold more as the day goes on. Even Minors begin to look... well, half-way acceptable!

Posted Image

I used to sell these new...back in the mid nineties...you could get them in Silver , Red or that Mauve colour. You could get 2WD or 4WD and the advertising slogan was "Suzuki X90-Think Out Of The Box". I'm trying to remember why the sales brochure was odd...I seem to remember that it didn't tell you much about the car... more ridiculous things like

"Its got 4 wheels , one on each corner..and the steering wheel is round." It was marketed as a sort of wacky fun car.

Targa glass roof standard...so a convertible!!

Came with steel wheels standard. Alloys extra.

Posted Image

These have always struck me as stunningly bland. Looks like it was designed using a set square during someone's lunch break

I take your point about the styling on this one - looks like someone from Volvo's design department of the time nipped over to Brum to do a 'foreigner' and earn themselves a crafty few quid.

But does bland equal hideous? I would have said no.

If you want a hideous Rover 200, here goes though:

Posted Image

For the Rover 200 owner who needs a bigger arse on their car.