1993/94 Pug 106 1.4 XS

retro80sboy

just been offered one of these for 300 quid, with 12 months MOT.

always been a big fan of the 106 Rallye, and I know this model is a couple of steps down, but whats it like?

The car has been owned by a middle aged woman for a fair few years and is totally original so im thinking it may be worth a punt.

This should be good - get it bought!

thats what I was thinking. My cousin took it in on a part exchange, it owes him 250, so I said stick an MOT on it and Id give him 300 as he cant really be bothered with the hastle of flogging 17 year old cars anymore.

I think the milage is 130k, and its got a few scuffs and small dents, but surely one of these that hasnt been 'barryed up to the max' is pretty rare these days?

chester drawers wrote:

Posted Image

Do the words FAIL and/or ILLEGAL apply here? That is shocking :shock:

As for Retro80sboy, it sounds like a good idea. I had the 1.4XT version and it was a hoot to drive. Still got a headgasket kit with headbolts (somewhere) in my parts cupboard...

For that sort of money I'd go for it. The S1 rallye is a 1.3 and is probabily got more torque through the gears, but I'd imagine this would be easier and quieter to live with - the rallye has very little in terms of creature comforts.

Check the head gasket, clutch and most importantly check for any possible accident repair damage. The bodies dent easily but they're quite well made. Personally I think the S1 pre '96 models are better looking and in XS guise very sellable if you get tired of being challenged at every traffic light you stop at. I think its going to be one of those cars that will disappear very quickly in the next few years too.

I had one. Bought it for £75 from a lad at work with a big dent in the side after he pulled out infront of a Ka on a roundabout.

1 replacement door in the right colour £45

1 new sill - fitted £250

Drove it for 6 months till the tax ran out - put it up for sale at £695 and was beating buyers off with a stick.

Best shite I've had by far. Get it bought!