Autoshite dreams?

ProgRocker

Dreamt last night for some reason that I'd gone to some sort of outdoor autojumble/ auction over in Co. Down, which I'd driven to in an Austin 7 box saloon.

See the source image

Other than nearly getting sideswiped on arrival by a vintage Rolls Royce convertible whose driver apparently couldn't see me, the drive was fairly uneventful.

The auction was a total waste of time - a few flatbed trucks in a field displaying literal scrap metal; just rusted-out tin baths and piles of old railings and ducting.

On returning to the Austin, someone had cut the roof off and stolen the back axle.

I complained to the auction organisers, demanding to see their CCTV footage so I knew who'd done it. The auctioneer told me he knew who'd done it, but asked me not to go to the police - it was a pair of brothers who "weren't quite right in the head" and "didn't know right from wrong", and that he would see to it that the axle would be returned.

This was no good, as I had to be back in Carrick for lunchtime and he wouldn't tell me how long it'd take to get my axle back.

Then there was an Australian blue-tongued lizard climbing up a shed wall beside me.

See the source image

Then I woke up.

Make of that what you will.

I had a dream recently, that I'd bought an extremely rough Ford Ranger pickup (is there any other kind?😂) and ran it about for a bit, until it inevitably failed its' test, with the predictable mountain of paper detailing exactly why.

So...I went home with it, went into the garage, and emerged two years later with a pickup that looked exactly the same, because I'd painstakingly recreated in fibreglass and steel, every dent, ding, rust hole and other imperfection, but in such a way that it was undeniably solid and roadworthy.

Rebooked the test, and much to the tester's bemusement, he had to pass it without even an advisory. So I took it home and parked it for posterity in a glass case in the middle of my front garden.

• 3 weeks later...

In my dream last night I was the proud owner of a 79 Mk1 Vauxhall Cavalier 2 door saloon in gold. Can't remember that much apart from the car, but it featured heavily in then dream, I was driving it for ages.
I was so disappointed when I woke up and it wasn't there.

• 3 months later...

Earlier this week I dreamt that the rear trailing arms on my 440 separated from the body after going through a ford (not Rufford) due to chronic rot. The rear wheels were all over the place as was my abject disappointment. 
The beauty of AutoShite is one day my dreams may likely come true 😀

1AA87777-0CF8-4BAC-BC14-0DAF7EA544FF.thumb.jpeg.75a8998a6e7c748414ca3a920c937994.jpeg

(Technical note: dreams may include inaccurate suspension types)

• 1 month later...

This is one from a few nights ago so I don't remember much. However, for some reason I bought a silver/grey diesel Honda CR-V (maybe a 2004/2005 model), and filled it up with petrol, resulting in me waiting for the breakdown folk. I then woke up.

Yeah, I'm concerned and confused.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dreamt the other night that I'd agreed to buy a mildly fucked Passat B5 off of David Beckham for £1200.

For some reason he now lived in Randalstown or somewhere semi-local like that. I'd agreed to get the bus up the following evening to pick it up and give him the cash.

My issue was that the cash machines round here would only dispense a maximum of £500 a day, so I could only withdraw £1000 by the time I'd agreed to pick it up.

I thought it would be poor form to chip him by £200 on collection; but I couldn't imagine he would give me his bank details to do a transfer because he was famous, like.

Then I started to wonder if I really wanted the Passat after all, since the footwells were really damp.

Sadly I'm not sure how this thrilling* scenario played out in the end, cos the alarm went off.

I had a weird dream a while back that I was sat in a Leyland National, staring idly out of the window at the passing scenery, when the person in front of me got up for their stop. I realised they'd dropped their hat, so I picked it up, called to them and started to dash forward; only the front of the bus kept getting further away, and now the driver was impatiently waiting for me to complete my task. But I couldn't, because the bus kept getting longer and longer. The passenger whose hat I was trying to return, was walking away, waving to me quite happily, so I gave up, turned to sit down and found I was right where I'd started. An the bus was back to normal length, so the driver tutted, shut the doors and drove on.

An infinitely telescoping Nasher? Can't remember that being one of the many unlikely prototypes! 

Couple of days ago, in a weird mash-up combo of reality TV shows I was yelling at Mike Brewer because he'd burnt my fucking dinner!
I'm no good at AI but  a red faced Gordon Ramsay threatening  Brewer with a large kitchen utensil is something I'd like to see. 😛