Autoshite dreams?

ProgRocker

Had a terrible dream last night. Someone on here managed to talk me into buying a manual Merc 300TE wagon in burgundy over grey with mushroom coloured leather. I couldn't get comfortable in it because the seat runners were mounted at a 45 degree angle towards the tailgate but I persisted in driving it with my head out the sunroof. I parked it in my back garden (novel considering I can't access the garden except through the house IRL) and went in the house, then remembered I needed to urgently buy feed for my caterpillar who was very hungry. I nipped out into the back garden and tried to start the Merc but it burst into flames. I left it ablaze in the garden and walked to the shops via the local Volvo dealer when I was most excited by the new Volvo 365GLS estate.

oh dear YOUR DOOOOOMED (in Frazers voice from dads army)

post-18166-0-12585700-1416333897_thumb.jpg

The only dream I can remember involving cars goes like this.

I was outside my local dole office having just signed on when I was offered a Lamborghini by a stranger as he had too much money.

I got in an went to give it the beans along the long straight road but for love nor money I couldn`t get it to go past 1mph or make any noise. I stamped on the accelerator and tried all the gears. Nothing . People walking past looking at me because i`m crawling. It felt like I was wrestling with the car to make it go fast for hours but nothing worked. I eventually go out and left it as technically it was behaving shite.

Last night I returned from walking the dog to find an Oporto red series 1 SD1 with gold velour, lattice alloys and clear front indicators sat on the drive and a bright fuck off yellow fixed-roof TR7 parked next to it.  Mike had bought the TR7  while I was walking the dog and had painted the minilites black so I wouldn't notice them, it didn't work.   The TR7 had the black Triumph laurel on the bonnet.

When I woke my first thought was how strange I should dream about having a drive when we don't have one.  Then I questioned myself for questioning that.  Then I was sad because I don't have a TR7 or an SD1.

I virtually never dream about anything , and even less about cars and never reoccurring or interesting , the most recent car based dream 2 years ago was driving the triumph after a monumental effort getting it ready for the mot and being massively disappointed to find it was hesitating sluggish and that was all that happened, literally a 30second taster of future disappointment

one I had about 5 months ago was a bit far fetched ; all the roads had been replaced by flowing shallow rivers so to get about you simply jumped in and went with the flow to do shopping or whatever which negated the need for cars and boats, finer details weren't worked out like the junctions, turning, coming back etc it just seemed to work

Last night I had a dream that I was on a train that got stuck in the middle of nowhere due to stormy weather. When I got off the train, the relief 'bus' was a scruffy MK2 Transit driven by a bespectacled madman who proceeded to drive down some country lanes in terrifying fashion. I woke up at the point that the bus was coming on to the dual carriageway and about to crash.

I also think, at the point that I got onto the Transit 'bus' the second bus waiting had the front end of a Ford Cargo. Not sure what the underlying message was. Avoid old Ford trucks and vans? Learn more about buses so that my dreams have more accurate ones in future?

Had a dream recently that a non-motorcyclist mate of mine was riding a Suzuki GS650 Katana fitted with a Crossbow E2 twin headlight fairing for its MOT... for some reason I was beside the fairing trying to mend an intermittent fault with one of the headlights, but matey just kept saying how it was running really well & he couldn't see why it shouldn't pass its MOT. I sorted out the wiring fault by tying a knot in it, but I woke up before the MOT test so I don't know if it passed or not.

I had a dream last night about buying a Citroën XM 1.9 diesel. Sometimes it was maroon and other times it was dark blue but always with cream leather.

Anyway, it suffered HGF, diagnosed by a passing XM driver who happened to appear at the right time and I had to tax the Volvo again which had sat for a month untaxed.

Last night I jumped into a hatchback version of a Vauxhall Royale (kind of looked like an enlarged Astra H sporthatch) whilst on the run from some militant traffic wardens as my Fiesta was illegally parked and had accrued £9,000 in fines (hmmm...), but was one that was a taxi, so no beautiful velour. I think "I" called it the Lemis, definitely not something which tied in with the then-current naming policy.  Taxi drive's mate passes by in a Vito and points out that the oil light is on in the Vaux. "Oh, yeah, it always does that..."....

I spend far too much time on here......

Another one last night.

I was about to embark on a sailing trip with various friends from different times in my life when I realised I had to pop home for my climbing shoes so we could go climbing on the crag where the 1930s plane had crashed (this may or may not have been a model plane, there was some debate at the time).

I decided to go on my Honda CBX750F, but remembered that I still needed to refill one of the fork tubes with oil – so couldn't use it. So I drove home in a Vauxhall Calibra, but Ã¢â‚¬â€œ as I told everyone I met on the journey – it wasn't the one I own, it was a new one. I think I offered people a lift in it.

I had to meet up with the yacht in Doncaster, for some reason. It was travelling there by rail. I don't even know if Doncaster has a river that's navigable for yachts...

• 3 months later...

I have this dream where I have paid HMRC, paid my rates and just taxed my car so I know I am all paid up ok.

Off I go and soon I reach a huge bridge over a river that I queue for 20mins to pay some money so I can go over it.

No sooner am I over this bridge than come to a big city where I have to pay some more money to enter it.

As I get nearer the centre I have a tiny strip of road to drive in whilst beside me is an empty strip I have paid for but can't go in.

Then I am surrounded by swarms of angry cyclists weaving in and out of me but they haven't paid anything to be on my little strip of road. 

When I get home I get a nice letter telling me my car was photographed in 'hatched red lane no breathing zone' and I have to pay £100 immediately.

Then the dream starts all over again…. 

Reading DS20's post prompted me to "share" a recurring dream I have frequently.  Once upon a time I had an MG Metro Turbo.  I cannot remember what I did with the car (in real life,  not dream world) and I frequently dream that I have nearly found where I parked it (and forgot where I left it).. It is all very detailed and realistic too.. in one incarnation of the dream I travelled to Swansea to meet the head of "The Doovla" to discuss if I had one registered in my name (still). 

As with all the best dreams I wake up before the mystery is solved.  Too much Scooby Doo I feel. 

A horribly frustrating dream because I really cannot remember what happened to the car!

Last night's dream was that I drove an old Fiat Panda 4x4 down a semi-paved switchback road in the Lake District, that had been bypassed by the M6. It was nothing like the old A6, and the scenery was more Alps than anything else. At the end of the trip, I met someone from the local authority who explained that instead of using the roads budget to improve this old road, they had built a visitor centre instead. That last bit is mighty close to reality :?

I had a dream recently I bought a kit car. The morning after I looked of the upstairs window in my mum and dads bedroom and it was a hollowed out log, the wheels where logs cut in cross sections. I remember looking admiring the shape, I never questioned whether this was normal.

Can you not put an engine in the hollowed out log for a sporty flintstones type kit car and put a Morgan badge on it

Last night I had a dream where I turned up to work to find that every truck had been replaced with a Leyland FG. Mine was even fitted with a 12 speed gearbox. Sad to say I was quite upset when I woke up!

That's what I call a dream except I'm a bit dubious about 12 speeds; one or two more wouldn't have gone amiss though. (Non synchro)

• 3 months later...

So you killed someone by squeezing their face. You must have hands like dinner plates. I'm still giggling now!

Last dream was of randomly driving around then finding myself stuck in the middle of a load of zombies. I get out and start killing them all. WTF is it about me and zombies. I wake up knackered FFS.