Autoshite dreams?

ProgRocker

Rather a disjointed one, seemed to start in a Nuclear Fallout Family Park (I don't know either) and everything was bright yellow and bright pink.  We were pulling a little Trojan-esque van out of the lake and when we'd managed that all the colours returned to normal.  Then we drove it very fast (except it was very slow) through the middle of Manchester-London and I was getting quite irate that I wasn't allowed to keep it.  Apparently, me arguing that the hubcaps were very round wasn't a strong enough reason for me to be allowed to keep it.

Later, we went for tea and pumped up a Maxi's hydragas so much it started to float away.  Then I woke up.

I so rarely recall any dreams I have, for this to be so detailed as I woke up this morning was strange.

I was driving in my blue Bluebird (long-since departed, F941FYD) into Leeds (never been to Leeds- in retrospect even though the sign said Leeds it looked more like Bedminster in Bristol which makes much more sense), and as I drove into the town it rapidly turned into this large industrial business-park type place, lots of concrete, overpasses and such. My aim was to go to the car parts place because I needed to buy some fuses (thanks, Jo, that one's your fault lol). I drove down the street and on the right there was this massive Halfords type place which had a tiny car park that was full. Next door there was a large Carpet-Right warehouse which had the usual banners stuck up outside, but instead of the "CLEARANCE CLEARANCE" they had "STORE CLOSED DUE TO STAFF RIOT".

Out front there's a Red Robbo type character with a megaphone shouting out to a crowd of assembled people about we want more pay we want it now etc etc. The parking area in front of the Carpet Right is only really busy near the front where the crowd is so I decide to park my car there. I get out and walk across the street to the Halfords place and look around. There's shelves upon shelves of stuff, everything I do not need. Most of the shelves have brand new stuff on them but it's broken- a full display of trolley jacks but they were all mangled up looking like origami shapes. I walk around for a while before going to the WE HELP YOU desk (that's what the sign said, in Halfords orange and black) but the 4 people there looked so very bored and aggressive that I decided not to go near them. Eventually I found what I was looking for and left the store. I walked back up the street (the Halfords had moved while I was inside) and past the Carpet Right but the road dipped down under an overpass/rail bridge and there was no way up to the parking lot, a high brick wall up to the level of the parking lot and a big metal fence blocking access.

I continued walking and went too far and ended up in a factory that made milk (seemingly no cows were involved). Lots of stainless steel and tubes and stuff. I turned around, realizing I had gone the wrong way and ended up in the parking lot of the Carpet Right where the protest was still going on. The parking lot had turned into a grass field at that time. I checked my pockets but did not have my keys, and then remembered that when I locked the car I had dropped the key and figured it was OK because I would come back and get it later.

The key was in the petrol cap flap, which was open, the doors were open, the door cards were all off, the stereo and speakers were gone. A couple arrived at their car next to mine and looked symathetic and then the woman muttered something about "foreigners will get that if they come to our town" and they drove away. I tried to start the car but all the petrol was gone.

I'm never going to Leeds after that, it was quite traumatic. Even though it wasn't actually Leeds...

--Phil

When I was very young I used to have a recurring dream where I was almost certainly killed in a Bedford Astravan.

Had it again last night for the first time in years. Freaks me the fuck out every time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Glad to see that the weirdness continues.

Last nights dream was entertaining.

For some reason I was in America. Not a bad thing.

However, I was driving Mrs PBK's red Micra. She was in the passenger seat and I was supposed to be driving her to an auction to buy an American car that she was interested in. Unfortunately whilst driving along I spotted a huge car breakers. It was just enormous and full of all kinds of chod, both domestic and european, all years catered for.

I pulled into a large shed type building, there were some scowling employees just looking at us. I went over and explained that we were looking for the auction and they gave me directions. I was talking about some of the stuff in the yard and it was all going well. Sadly we were too late to bid on the car that Mrs PBK wanted, however she was willing to consider other options. Then the bloody alarm went off.

There really was some amazing stuff in the yard lol.

• 3 weeks later...

At the weekend I dreamt that I was a passenger in a car with my dad and eldest sister. I couldn't remember who was driving out of the two. The car in question was a late Nissan Bluebird saloon like the one Dollywobbler owned, except I remember it not having a rev counter. So it might have been the base 1.6 'Premium' spec. #caranorack  :mrgreen:  . Coincidentally this sister once owned a late Bluebird 1.6 LS saloon but that one did have a rev counter.

This morning I dreamt that some bastards had sabotaged my car while I was work and was in a panic to get it rolling asap to get home. :shock: Not the car I own currently but a baser spec burgandy mark 3 Vauxhall Astra SALOON! (What is it with my dreams of these base spec saloon cars?! :lol: ) . The steel wheels had been taken off and were used to prop the car up. I was mightily peed off about the situation as I was tired, it was getting dark and had to try and find a trolley jack and wheel brace!

Not me but a bloke I work with

He dreamt he was stealing my saph, he had some keys and just as he got in I appeared and reached in to get my phone, asked him what he was doing.

I did laugh when he told me about it, I did say if he wanted a drive all he had to do is ask

• 7 months later...

I just awoke from a dream where I travelled to the North East to buy a Renault 15 off Jim Bell (a man who I’ve sadly never met), but he wasn’t in so we had instructions of how to find the keys which involved a treasure hunt where first we found keys to a Range Rover, then a Matra Rancho and eventually the blue Renault 15, which I then began driving home...

The other niight i dreamed a AOB infiltration of The ASA company . but one chap watched me and called security who tried to hold me ... So i did a runner into another place where i am trying to find the snow packed vally of the back garden of a hotel ... So i pop into a car for a lift and get left wandering the ferries of inland seas on my own .... I woke up feeling shattered ....

Surprisingly few of my dreams feature cars given how often I think about them..Had one a few years ago where I was driving a Rover P5 towing a trailer round Coventry ring road to go and pick up a Westminster I'd previously owned but bought back (in the dream at any rate, I owned the car when I had the dream and still have it now). It was sitting on an abandoned USAF air base surrounded by waist-high weeds growing through the concrete and had been painted that copper orange that was fashionable around 1998. Another one more recently was me and the other half on holiday in the Italian mountains in a maroon late 40's Buick straight eight coupe, I particularly re all the grey corduroy seats. I either need to eat more cheese before bed or less.

I had a dream last night that I found someone had given me a metallic gold fiat x1/9 but parked it in my enclosed rear garden and i was trying to find a way to get it out without knocking the side wall down, but before my wife discovered it and made me get rid of it.

Then we went to the Moog's mum's house because he'd just bought a Lamborghini Diablo in a sort of metallic violet colour but it had no engine or gearbox and we were discussing putting an XUD in there, and trying to work out where the engine mounts would go.

Then i woke up.

Just remembered, when I saw this thread, that I spent quite a bit of last night dreaming about chopping up a terminally rotten white T3 minibus with an angle grinder, from the roof down.

It was quite easy work, and satisfying, though about halfway through someone came and said I needed to move it, so I ended up having to reverse the sagging bodyless platform down the street I grew up on, trying not to hit my neighbour's blue Vauxhall Chevette, all the while wondering why I'd chopped the steering wheel off at an early stage...

I dream about cars a lot, but rarely remember them for more than a few moments after waking. Must make more of an effort.

• 4 months later...

This morning I dreamt that I traded in my Almera for a white classic Mini. One of the latest ones that had an airbag iirc.

Bit of an odd choice as I'm contemplating trading in for a younger model and I've never much cared for white cars. I remember panicking a bit after trading in the Almera as I left a few of my CDs in the glove box. ?

I had a dream that I was on the Shrewsbury bypass in my Celica (a w reg 2000XT that had long since gone) with a human size "Dino" from the flintstones pez dispenser as a passenger when I got a flat tyre. Dino got out and wrapped himself around the wheel in place of the flat tyre feet in mouth so we could carry on, I had to drive slowly because I felt bad as every time his head hit the road there was a muffled "ow!" Luckily we then teleported to the beach at manorbier and the car had been repaired by magic, we caught razor clams by putting salt in the dimples in the sand.

My last 2 was

I woke up one morning looked out the window (at my old house) and my car had been stolen. I found out my daughter had borrowed it. But she couldn't remember where she parked it. In the end i bought her an invacar so shed stop taking my cars. (Shes 8,and was drivng to school) i blame coming on here before going bed.

The other, i had my car taken off me as all petrol cars were banned  so i went to get an electric car,  dont know what didn't see it. But in the garage was a very dusty, rusty black capri. so bought that instead. Gutted i woke up before i found out how driving home with 4 flat tyres, no lights at night, holding rope to keep the door closed, and the police(in rover p6's) chasing me turned out. I blame watching the professionals then caught a bit of some news about the future fuel ban before bed.

I had a weird one last night.

I had just parked up in front of a block of flats to visit a friend. I had turned up, however, in a British Gas blue mid 90s Transit that was a bit worse for wear. I had to lock the driver's door by reaching in through the driver's side sliding door, it apparently had, in order to operate a bolt lock mounted on the inside of the door.

It also had a badly fitted ignition barrel which I took with me as an extra security measure. I got funny looks on the stairwell of the flats carrying an entire ignition barrel in my hand... Then I woke up.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night's remembered dream was weird, even for me. It started with me being stopped by airport security (I don't fly). They were checking my laptop bag which, as well as the laptop, contained a lump hammer, a wheel brace, a small axe and the butt of a shotgun. (These items were rusty and covered in wet yellow clay) I managed to convince them that it was quite normal to be carrying such items as I was hoping to swap them for something else.

Unfortunately the delay at security meant I had missed my coach so I decided to hire a car. Only the Hertz desk was open and I proceeded to negotiate a hire car, made more awkward by my insistence that it must be red and non metallic paint. I was offered the choice of a Peugeot Estate (which looked like no Peugeot I have ever seen) or a Mercedes SLK. I chose the Mercedes even though it had no roof or doors and I had to climb in over the side. Fortunately I woke up.

• 3 weeks later...

Two shite related dreams in two nights at chez_brownnova. 

Last night I dreamt that I was done with old shite and wanted a brand new car. So I discovered that there was one Hindustan dealership in East Anglia so I travelled there to order a brand new Hindustan Contessa in brown with a beige vinyl roof. There was even a TV advert proclaiming the Hindustan range!

Imagine my disappointment when I woke this morning and discovered the Contessa has long been discontinued.

Still that’s less weird than the night before where I dreamt that we were having an Autoshite Carol Service in a little chapel. We’d pulled a band together, me and @cms206 on guitars, @davidfowler2000 on drums and @chaseracer on bass. Cms wanted to be louder than everyone else and play all the carols in a heavy metal style. 
Our guests of honour were Larry Lamb and Alison Steadman (Pam and Mick off Gavin and Stacey) 

If it wasn’t true I don’t think I could make it up! 

Only just noticed this thread, can I join in? 

Last night / this morning I was dreaming of two groups of people fighting in a semi post apocalyptic type world, and the setting was a rather large town hall / country house which overlooked a small scrapyard. They had a really talented sniper who was shooting from various points in the yard, making the house unsafe. Then it started to snow heavily, so we ushered the other group inside and started to sort sleeping arrangements. I was restless so got up for a wee, but noticed a doberman dog prowling outside, so I froze. It left, but seconds later a rabbit with bloodshot eyes started trying to chew through into the house. It got through and a pretty Hispanic lady grabbed it and snapped its neck. We all woke up and realised the new threat. The house was being surrounded by various 'zombie' animals. We threw the rabbit outside and only just got back in the house before a couple of small dogs came pelting towards the door. I then woke up. 

Sorry the only shite connection was the scrapyard and there was an AEC Matador in the yard. 

I was dreaming about buying an apartment in a new build development last night along with setting up a cafe with my dad in said new development. The cafe had Ford dealer branding outside even though it wasn't a dealers. The developer drove an Austin 3 litre, I was running around in an old Jaaaagg S Type 3.0 and my dad had an old beaten up pov spec Mk1 Vectra.