Ebay

pompei

Mrs P and I have been trying to take advantage of Ebay's free listing weekend to offload some of our crap. Now some of her stuff is actually worth a bit, but Ebay doesn't allow a reserve below £50. Is this new, or does it just apply for this weekend? We certainly don't want to flog something that could be worth 25 quid for £1.50 :lol: Thanks

Not sure if this is new or not to be honest. I wouldn't worry about it too much though as most things seem to find the right price for it so rarely will something worth £50 sell for £2.That said free listing weekends do bring a lot of stuff onto ebay which will push down values if there are a lot of the same things on. If its something unusual or unique then I wouldn't worry too much.And you can always end the auction with 12 hours to go if need be...

No, £50 is the lowest reserve possible - the only way round it is either stick a buy it now on or start bidding at the absolute minimum you'd accept.I'm a bit pee'd off with ebay at the mo - I only got notification this morning of half price listings, and I was on there yesterday for hours (when I should have been working...)Want to buy some old car mags? Check out boboutlaw118!!!! Listing ends today!!!

This weekends listing thing is a waste of time, it's only for items listed with a start price up to 99p so all you save is what, 5p a listing??It's a long time since they did a decent free listing day even though they make zillions from the final value fees and paypal payments (ebay owns paypal in case you didn't know)

Very true! You won't save much if something sells. The benefits are that you can put something on and if it doesn't sell it means you don't still end up paying a listing fee and also that a lot of people will have a clear out and try to earn their 'fortune' on ebay this week resulting in a lot of 'stuff' being on there for the next few days which could mean a few interesting finds...

Ack, Mrs W has been round with the camera snapping stuff today. Luckily it is all cheap shit, so she is obv. WELL PLEASED to save 5p per listing.I still need to sell about 550 mags to clear the loft. Might bosh my Opel Rekord wing on again, actually - it's sold twice (and been paid for too) but never collected :lol:

Ebay being a real pain in the arse at the mo - am I the only one having troubles? Lots of things ending within the next couple of hours, and trying to list stuff too, keeps coming up "unable to display page" when I'm trying to list. Nowt wrong with my connection, already checked that!perhaps theres just too many people loading crap on there at the same time!!