Renault 18 rear light wanted

meggersdog

As you wish Barrett.

There I fixed it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Waterpump is leaking,the rear light and London driving scrapes for the last 22 years.Oh and the thin material of the front seats is torn.Taxed and tested until April 2011.

While I was at the auction I bought this too

Posted Image

Thank's for the offer.I was going to phone round a few breakers this afternoon but took the wheels off and painted them instead.First the guy up the road came round for a look,then my nextdoor neighbour and then my mate came round for a coffee.So wheel painting was a rush job before the rain came.More pressing needs is to find a new waterpump so I can roll in this Gallic charmer.

China Tom you are spot on...TL spec and yes the Bluebell was my local (when I used to drink).

Trigger it's got Trinity garage Renault on both numberplates.

Nigel thank's.Waterpump looks standard fayre R5 Volvo 340 type.Only the foglight and reflector are affected so probably ok for a week or so.

China Tom you are spot on...TL spec and yes the Bluebell was my local (when I used to drink).

So did the King's School Peterborough Rugby Team on various occasions (although I am going back to the late 80's here). The lamp-posts gave it away. Walked arm-in arm with them a few times...

Oh,seems likely HGF there are brown water stains all over the waterpump and occaissional drips down the side of the block..I'm thinking there might be a water seal at the front of the gasket,air in the system again today and pressurizing,which when run might be spraying water onto the pump.A leaking waterpump won't create pressure but air in the system might.

I've located a waterpump in Spalding and there is a gasket set on ebay so I'm going to do both and get the head skimmed.Too much to do over the next few days so will have to park it up for now.

Tom, I remember a roudy bunch of rugby players back then.Used to hang out near the resturant area IIRC.

mmm very rare car to have chrome bumpers 3 stud wheels and white indicators ,is it 5 speed? be aware there are 2 diferent makes of rear lens not aproblem if the bulb holder comes with it cibie or seima

can find you some but not been asked for 18 bits for years so will only look if asked as t chest is a bit buried def no pumps think same as later volvo 340

ebay should provide expect QH still list one

Great car :D - quite unusual as it's one of the few TLs with clear lenses and chrome bumpers. Renault actually put a 5 speed in the estate, but not the saloon.

I might have a rear light - I say might, I've got lots, but it depends on which type, there were several different backplates and all my 18s have the same one - so therefore that's the only type I've ever bothered collecting.

Drop me a line and I'll see if I can help. If not, I'm about to go to France, however parts are so expensive out there that it'd be chaeper for me to bring another 18 back - there's an idea :lol:

Collected a new waterpump on Thursday.Ebay shop "house of austin" I've known the guy for years as he was a car dealer (retired three years ago).The man has a biege Austin Maxi in his dehumidified shed that he has owned for sixteen years.

New head gasket set arrived this morning.Both will be fitted on Monday.Not knowing if it's a wet liner engine I don't want to leave the head off overnight hence not starting until Monday.

This car must be very rare as it is fitted with a five speed 'box.Didn't know there were different types of rear light so I will look in the morning.