Spotted - J-taxi in Scouseland!!

MrDuke

No, not a Hirst Cabs special, but a gen-you-wine Toyota Crown taxi in full JDM taxi-spec, cruising the streets of south-east Liverpool, on Wednesday :shock::shock:

My excessively fast progress in the opposite direction, towards a junction, precluded my obtaining any photographic evidence, but it was almost exactly like this:

Posted Image

Sorry about the size, but that was the closest example I could find after scouring the first 5 pages of Google images. The stripes and accessories were near as dammit just like it.

So, WHO THE HELL WAS IT??!! I cannot believe the owner of such an absolute weapon would be unknown to this community.

South East Liverpool? I'm trying to think where that would be. Aigburth?

There's a yellow Alfa 156 estate in a fake New York taxi colour scheme around there, but I've never spotted a JDM Hirst cab there. Where was it?

South East Liverpool? I'm trying to think where that would be. Aigburth?

There's a yellow Alfa 156 estate in a fake New York taxi colour scheme around there, but I've never spotted a JDM Hirst cab there. Where was it?

Slightly OT Pete but have you spotted the Metallic Blue G plate Lancia 8.32 in that area? It sounds well sexy! Seen it a few times on Menlove Ave.

Slightly OT Pete but have you spotted the Metallic Blue G plate Lancia 8.32 in that area? It sounds well sexy! Seen it a few times on Menlove Ave.

Belongs to Steve, that does.

A large gent of African extraction, he has a collection of oddball exotishite you'd be proud of. TVR Taimar (2.8 V6), Thema 8.32, couple of Integrales (not shite) and a really nasty Landy Disco with a never ending diesel leak.

I tried to get him to bring the 8.32 to Cholmondely but he'd put his phone in the washing machine. Suicide Ste with the RS2000 was his last minute replacement.

Nope, it were the same colour scheme as that actual picture up dere ^^^

And it wasn't far from Menlove Avenue, I was heading back from LWH towards the M6, still in da city though. Mrs_Duke was suitably confused by my ecstatic reaction to it, although she is gradually getting used to my perverse tastes in cars.

Have you ever seen the old giffer with the tidy black Sapphire Ghia with a personalised reg and 1970's style chrome WING mirrors? Poor fucker probably could never get used to door mirrors. I'll bet it's fitted with ammeters and oil pressure guages galore.

There's a yellow Alfa 156 estate in a fake New York taxi colour scheme around there

Is that still around? It was up for sale on the 'bay when I was searching for one for Mrs S.

Lunar miles on a twin spark? Check.

Cloth trim stinking of puke, fags and stale Malibu cocktails? Check.

Yellow paintwork? Check.

No wonder it didn't sell!