eBay Tagora...

pogweasel

Be warned - theres some lad in Ireland who goes to crazy lengths to scoop up all Tagoras in the UK, it was him who paid £500 for the last non-running V6 one to be ebayed, and trailered it back to the Emerald isle!

Why does everything good have to end up in Ireland? :?

Be warned - theres some lad in Ireland who goes to crazy lengths to scoop up all Tagoras in the UK, it was him who paid £500 for the last non-running V6 one to be ebayed, and trailered it back to the Emerald isle!

Why does everything good have to end up in Ireland? :?
Because they had an incentivised scrapping scheme some time ago, and they all went!

Good luck pog.I would love - seriously love to own a good V6 Tagora. I went to a classic car meet at Kempton (or was it Sandown Park?) about 10 years ago and without doubt the absolute highlight was a mint black V6 Tagora of 1981 vintage. I waded through hoardes of Ferrari Dinos, MGs, VWs etc but this machine drew me like a magnet. That's Autoshite, I suppose. I've never forgotton a What Car group test of it against a Volvo 760 and Ford Granada, I recall them saying the car was indecently quick.I'm pretty sure the two tone paint job was standard, but then maybe I'm thinking of Talbot Minx and Rapiers. Perhaps if your bid's looking a bit perilous all autoshiters could contribute a £ and keep it in the UK!

Perhaps if your bid's looking a bit perilous all autoshiters could contribute a £ and keep it in the UK!

That's not such a bad idea actually. Given that the Tagora is the Holy Grail here on Autoshite, maybe we should all pitch in and buy it jointly - I'm sure between us we could easily outbid our Irish Tagora enthusiast. :D

hi people , best of luck Pog just a quick mention of the fact that to Renault Alpine V6 tuning boys ( who may have deeper pockets ) the triple carb setup is worth at least £500 but it would be a shame to break such a rare car having survived this long a very good friend of mine bought the squashed remains of a v6 tagora from a northern banger racer about 15 yrs ago just for the carbs (dont worry i wont tell him about this one especially as it is aprox 400 miles away !!!! ) but just thought i would warn you any way mind you if you get some spares with the car you could get your money back by selling the carbs :D ps think the car next to it is simca 1501 saloon paul

Good luck Pog :D I picked up a magazine at the airport in Paris recently with an excellent Tagora feature in it. All in French but the pics are fab. I'll do some scans when I get chance. There's a brilliant one of some SXs lined up outside a dealership with added shite kudos that they are all taxis.

What does that usually mean?......they changed their mind about selling? Would it be reasonable to enquire why out of interest? Couldn't do any harm, they can either answer you or ignore you, but if you don't ask......

Usually means that someone REALLY wanted it, and made the vendor an offer he/she couldn't refuse I think! :roll:

Shame....I saw this thread in the early hours of this morning when I got in from work....I've just been to the A.T.M. to check the ol' finances for this month, and was about to offer £100 toward the cause :cry:

What does that usually mean?......they changed their mind about selling? Would it be reasonable to enquire why out of interest? Couldn't do any harm, they can either answer you or ignore you, but if you don't ask......

Usually means that someone REALLY wanted it, and made the vendor an offer he/she couldn't refuse I think! :roll:

But I thought the point of Autoshite was digging the long forgotten cars that nobody else liked or wanted hence why they are so thin on the ground because they either found so few buyers in the first place or they were very fragile or unreliable? So why are we 'up against it' in our quest to acquire such vehicles? :?