Datsun 411 stolen

nigel bickle

If it has been stolen to race they probably wont care that it wouldnt last long, they'd be in it for the kudos of racing something so unusual.

I have to say having had a look through the pre 76 threads on oval chat that theyre all boasting about how rotten the "tin " is that they are planning to race as opposed to finding something good to smash up.

Josh-2. NAB 848D & NAB 850D.

Unless anyone else knows different?

Anyway -it was found dumped yesterday afternoon-currently with SOCO.

I'm told it has a shredded tyre -nothing else mentioned.

Seems the glare of publicity means that the scrote -who intended to banger race it -decided against.

I now know who, how he towed it(ic the vehicle details) where he hid it and -perhaps most important-where he lives.

Hope he reads this.....

Fantastic news Nigel, chuffed to bits you got it back and seemingly as good as undamaged.

Just hoping karma is about to strike upon the pond life who took it now.

Thanks guys.

I collect tomorrow - once I've paid £190 for the priviledge of a 2 mile tow in. And replace the shredded wheel.

Once repaired (-locks etc spring to mind) plus collateral damage said miscreant (hereon known as ''GB'' for simplicity!) can anticipate

a friendly chat.Maybe just me, maybe a few friends.

And if you are someone who called me today. Thankyou

Good to hear that the car has been located but i hope the only issue is the tyre. If it was lifted all sorts of damage could have occured - but its all fixable i guess. Hope the insurance process is straightforward too.

I Hope justice is swift nigel.

Thanks guys.

I collect tomorrow - once I've paid £190 for the priviledge of a 2 mile tow in. And replace the shredded wheel.

Once repaired (-locks etc spring to mind) plus collateral damage said miscreant (hereon known as ''GB'' for simplicity!) can anticipate

a friendly chat.Maybe just me, maybe a few friends.

And if you are someone who called me today. Thankyou

How about a nice AS coffee morning? :D

Just wondering in situations like this, should insurance not cover the cost of recovery? After all the car is insured for theft so if it is stolen and recovered but there are costs involved then insurers ought to pay/reimburse. :?

I reckon it was Grandad Boswell.

Nice to hear it has returned in one piece, hope there isn't much rectification required. I'm sure the thief will be delighted to compensate you for any stress/damage caused.

That is good news, & thankfully still in one piece.

If you find out that the bastard who nicked it is one here, please let me know who they are as they'll obv get kicked off (plus I'll know their email address so I'm sure we can all have some fun with that).

Cant be anyone on here, they would have known how rare these things are. I imagine it is because it has been circulated around a few other forums. But I suppose if they are stupid enough to nick cars they aint the brightest of the bunch anyhooooo.

Great news that its back. Hopefully there is no more damage on it.