?

Tayne

Poor Chris Evans having to drive a Ferrari, while getting sponsored. TIT.

He owns the cars himself and didn't make any money out of it, in fact the money went to charity, don't quite understand your point?

Rather him on the radio than an offensive cock like 'wossy' or brand.

I agree with Anthony. He's still the wrong side of smug, and he does like banging on about his bloody Ferraris even when he's not using them to benefit charity, but he somehow manages to still make me smile of a morning, which is more than Wogan was starting to do. Brand and wossy can piss right off. Glad Friday nights will soon be safe for viewing again!

I have no idea of the names of the folks on Chris Evans show in the morning but most of the time I'd just like him to shut up and let the chap with the English accent talk :wink:

Wogan was a much better start to the day with his patter :D

Ken Bruce mentioned a Daf 55 today, but I only caught the end of the converation so don't know how the subject arose.

I've always fancied going on 'Popmaster' actually...I reckon I'd be good on 70s and 80s but hopeless on current stuff.

Used to quite like the 'eccentricity' of Sarah Kennedy, but she just gets on my tits now......

He owns the cars himself

Dunno, maybe sell a couple of his Ferrari's and give money to charity? I could be sponsored to drive them to their new respective owners if he wanted? I have no idea how much any of these people give to charity, if he's that into it, maybe give some money or do a more gruelling task like fasting for a month while living in a box.

Aye, I reckon that despite previous broadcasterial misdemeanors, Evans is a pretty good egg.

Works for "charidee", genuine passion for old expensive & inexpensive tat (even if he does paint them white) plus 1000x less snoozeworthy than wogan and 1000x less irritating than Moyles / local FM - I can listen to the radio in the morning again. Hurrah. Oh and who are these on his show who don't speak english? Moira Stewart?? More perfect english has never been spoken...

Godz............I still think I am too young top listen to Radio 2 regularly....and most of you lot are lot younger than me :cry::cry:

I find the music 50% pish, the patter worse, though I like Vine's argumental bits and can suffer wrighty's pish if I have too, I find evans has become sicophantic, child loving twat....I don't want 10 year olds interviewing on my radio :roll:

Dunno, maybe sell a couple of his Ferrari's and give money to charity? I could be sponsored to drive them to their new respective owners if he wanted? I have no idea how much any of these people give to charity, if he's that into it, maybe give some money or do a more gruelling task like fasting for a month while living in a box.

If i remember rightly when Chris Evans was going out with Billie Piper he gave away nearly all he owned? He had something silly like £150 million after selling Virgin Radio, but said he was going to give most of it to charity and still leave himself with what he described as a vulgar amount of money, something like £25m.

If he did do that he is a fucking top bloke.

I think Chris Evans is basically a decent bloke with a twattish streak that he is aware of and tries his best to control. I rarely listened to his evening programme and never listen to his breakfast show though, because I'm not a menopausal woman. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me.

I must be a menopausal woman. I listen to Evans in the morning and he normally manages to raise a chuckle or two.

Used to love his drive time "All request" show.

I try to catch Ken Bruce's Popmaster in the mornings as well. Half ten and 10:45 normally. Got full score a couple of times, but on Friday only managed to score about 15. Must be slacking.

Jeremiah Vineyard is brilliant sometimes.

Wrighty, unfortunately, is not what it used to be. I only listen now in case Elvis is on.

Mayo is superb. I love "Confessions" even though it's decades old.

Radcliffe and Maconie seem to be the Autoshite of R2. Bob Harris bores me (He was brilliant in the early 90s, seems to have gone a bit redneck lately).

Evans comes across as a quality bloke who used his wacky zany persona to get him TV jobs (and a ride on Billie Piper - can't fault him for that).

Seems to keep himself to himself now, occasionally gets in the newspapers for spending his own money on a car or two (shock!!) but is usually pictured slopping around in scruffs, doing the weekly shop. It's probably what I'd do with a few million in the bank.

(especially the Billie Piper bit).

I like listening to Radio 2 & although Chris Evans did grate quite a bit in the late 1990s - early 2000s during the 'TFI Friday' era, deep down he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke. :) I wish I had his energy in the mornings.

Jonathan Ross's Saturday morning show on Radio 2 is (or should that now be 'was'?) quite good. Don't watch his chat show but this morning he did hint that Roxy Music may appear on his last ever show so I may watch that one. 8)

Ken Bruce owns a Reliant Kitten? Respect to the guy! :D I recall once listening to K Bruce's show some months ago and the Austin Allegro became the main discussion point, saying it was more aerodynamic in reverse and that it had the square steering wheel. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Managed a mention on the Ken Bruce show a few years ago when he was going on about Reliant Robins. There was some talk involving the more wheels a vehicle had the less safe it was. It was something to do with lorries causing accidents; some statistician had come up with a mathematical link between the number of wheels and the number of accidents they caused (these people need to get out more....) I phoned in, as the then owner of a Robin, to suggest, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, that by this argument the Reliant Robin MUST be the safest car on the road....

Ken thought the call worthy of broadcast, as he claimed never to have spoken to a real Reliant Robin driver!

Andy Warwhole was right; that was MY 15 minutes of fame (well, about 90 seconds, but you get the gist!)

Vine's show borders on the surreal sometimes, arguing down Angry from Manchester, then following it up with The Human League.

Agreed about Radcliffe and Maconie, I couldn't be arsed with them individually, but together they work. Good nighttime radio, as is R2's Wednesday night jazz show.

Is Mark Lamarr still doing his rock'n'roll show on Friday nights? I used to time my Friday night drive to Gateshead, to let me listen to it uninterrupted!