Autoshite on Wikipedia....

Father Ted

They'll delete it, even a serious one. Only websites that are really well recognised (BBC, CNN, Google, dogging.co.uk) get their own Wikipedia page. You'll be hard pushed to find many forums on there.

I don't think I'm allowed to edit pages anyway..... :oops:

Gone. This is the guy who deleted Autoshite.

"This user page has been vandalized 491 times."

I just looked at this link. It's 1AM, I've had a few hales watching Eric Bana & his Ford. What the f*ck are 'Barnstars'.....

EDIT. I've just looked at the link for Barnstars. That's madness. I'm going to bed.

Well, perhaps another crack, but with less emphasis on the website but more emphasis on the concept of running old cars - like a dictionary definition maybe?

"Autoshite is the definition given to the concept of driving and maintaining cars well past their manufacturers expiration date and has its roots in green motoring as well as simple economics"

If I have time later I will knock some crap up in rough.

Cars are judged on what its known as the "absolute bollocks scale" or "misery index". A car that is of low standard specification, in an unfashionable colour, with a lower powered engine, home made alterations or considered undesirable by the general populace could be deemed "Autoshite". Examples would include the Austin Montego, Nissan/Datsun Bleubird, Morris Ital, Talbot Tagora or large Japanese saloons of the 70s/80s. Individual models within a range carry more kudos than others. For example the ford Sierra base would be considered Autoshite, especially with the 1.3 petrol or 2.3 diesel engines whereas the Cosworth version would not.

Easy

Cars are judged on what its known as the "absolute bollocks scale" or "misery index". A car that is of low standard specification, in an unfashionable colour, with a lower powered engine, home made alterations or considered undesirable by the general populace could be deemed "Autoshite". Examples would include the Austin Montego, Nissan/Datsun Bleubird, Morris Ital, Talbot Tagora or large Japanese saloons of the 70s/80s. Individual models within a range carry more kudos than others. For example the ford Sierra base would be considered Autoshite, especially with the 1.3 petrol or 2.3 diesel engines whereas the Cosworth version would not.

Easy

Or my beige Maestro! :D