Practical Classics forum

F*****g hell minimad, with all due respect, I would say about 90% of your posts are totally inane and devoid of any meaningful content at all. Look at them!

Eh? Have you really thought this statement \ outburst out?

He's asking what that wee car racing at Crystal Palace is. Yeah, it's off on a tangent a bit but this thread was bollocks anyway. I should know, I started it.

Show us some gibberish Bol please, I really don't see what MM5 has done wrong.

Do we all need to sit in the chill out corner for a minute? Shitting Nora. I'll get the coffees, yeah?

Posted Image

Practical Classics was always quite enjoyable as a forum though I've not been on in a while so things might have changed. However if people don't like it, then that's up to them of course.

Mr Bollox: Mini Mad is a cracking lad and (just as importantly) is very enthusiastic about shite cars. Look at his repair threads for example, he's only a kid still and yet is learning how to repair cars by himself. He is also often out taking photos of shite and I reckon he brings a bit of a buzz about the place. In fact more forums need people like him coming in because his attitude is bloody great and his enthusiasm knows no bounds.

We can all slate other forums off and we can all slag each other off but honestly, what's the point? I wonder if I'm the only one who's noticed an undercurrent of bad feeling here and there recently? Let's sack all that shit and either ignore people or pm them if there's a problem.

A.S will sink faster than a BP oil rig if everybody lets it. I know I'm a miserable b'stard (and it's really nowt to be proud of) but surely we can all get on, even if it means ignoring people?

Its a 1947 Monaco according to the programme and was running in category E, Racing cars up to 1600cc as it only has a little half litre thumper.

I was a bit chuffed with that photo. Uncropped, straight off the camera and a wheel off the ground :D

Posted Image

This place rocketh mightily.

The meets and shit have all been excellent, whether the Q park, Minimad's Rebel Wrangling gathering, or Cholmondely.

We all enjoy old cars don't we? There's a wide variety of old car nutters on here, from chod-spotters to closet Bristol fanciers. There are a few minor differences in taste, but that happens everywhere. There's a mixture of outspoken buggers who've spent years buying whatever looks like fun for under a grand, a few who like Autoshite because it's the only place that Stanza addiction is properly understood. There are those who fight the corner of the underdog and believe some shite cars are merely misunderstood - and those who're of the belief that the reason the same shite cars are classed as shit is because they are shit. There are those who run shite old cars as an anti-fashion statement, those who run them because they're too tight to spend more then £300 on a car, ever. We've also got a few younger dudes who can't really justify spending megabucks on insurance on anything other than shite, but they're doing their best to at least own interesting shite. Then there are those who run unfashionable old execushite because that's what we wanted to drive when we were kids, those of us who still think of George Cowley and Jack Regan as icons of taste. Others just pop in to see what shite has been dredged up /found on ebay.

It'd be dull if it was any other way. At least here there's comedy and honesty. That's missing on a lot of forums..

There has been a lot of enmity in here recently.

I think lots of us treat AS a safe haven from the vicissitudes of the outside world, and when some internecine strife breaks out, the bad vibes are exacerbated ten fold.

I am going to knock the work slagging (and to some extent the foul language) on the head now, as I realise it's counter productive. This goes for the forum as well as my own private life.

It's not nice finding the limits of discussion within an online community, but it helps to delineate once in a while. While I'm not saying criticism of other forums is verboten as such, it does seem to get people riled up easily. A very rich Stakhanovite seam of unpleasantness.

I'm sure AS will crest the wave. Forums invariably over time and we have to embrace it. Either that or we all fuck off.

Thoughts?

I have noticed lately that I've been strolling though lots of bad tempered posts on here as late, Much more then there use to be with many of them with little to no car content as all.

Maybe we should start a few more interesting car related threads instead of the bitching threads before people starting getting fed up and going else where?.

We need someone like Scrooge Bo11ox to stand up when we can't moderate ourselves.

Maybe we should start a few more interesting car related threads instead of the bitching threads before people starting getting fed up and going else where?.

I don't know, it's turned out a bit like the Earth. It wouldn't be much of a loss if 25-50% of the population disappeared overnight

Anyway, here's a nice shitter mouldering away in a shed, because that's what autoshite is about... A collective love of unloved cars.

Posted Image

I know there aren't exactly hundreds knocking about but would Dacia ones fit, iirc they were based on the 12?

Failing that David Kelly (Wrexham) might be worth a call?

^ I have front and rear screens for that R12 if it helps.

Needs the side windows too, fugging vandals.

I have one spare side glass (front). They are flat so interchangeable side to side. You can also make up temporary replacements for the side glass in plexiglass quite easily (I've had to do that twice).

We need someone like Scrooge Bo11ox to stand up when we can't moderate ourselves.

I don't know, it's turned out a bit like the Earth. It wouldn't be much of a loss if 25-50% of the population disappeared overnight

Anyway, here's a nice shitter mouldering away in a shed, because that's what autoshite is about... A collective love of unloved cars.

Posted Image

Is the 12 yours then Milf?

Why do i think the front and rear screens on a R12 are the same and interchangable , or is this a load of bull

:lol:

It's the drop panes that are interchangeable side for side. :wink:

Mmmmm, R12, wibble. :D