Click copy

Posted Image

To put it in a post on here:

Click on 'Img'

Right click

Select paste

Click on 'Img' again

Sorted.

Excellent work, thanks. Can we use one post in this thread to practise this please, might save umpteen spaccy threads/messages from incompetant people like myself?

Like this....?

Posted Image

BINGO!

Nice one Tayne, cheers. SOZ 2 B A NEWSENSE M8 but how do I do the word link please? You know the thing where you can type random words or sentences and if the words are clicked it opens a link? Cheers.

shitbagHTML

The ebay thing doesn't need to be that difficult.

Firefox users can simplify thus:

1. Go here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/951/ and download the 'nuke everything' add-on.

2. Right click on ebay picture and select "remove selection"

3. Right click on picture again and there will now be an option to "copy image location". Select this then ctrl+V into the autoshite text box between img tags.

DONE.

Here's my contribution, I went back as far as uploading pics to photobucket, sorry if it insults anybody's intelligence, but I remember when I just started out how some people would just gloss over completely how you get the pics onto the internet (hosting) in the first place.

I am sure most of you already know how to post pictures, but in case any new members who are new t'internet don't know how, here's a few instructions. Anything else you need to know, just ask!

First of all open a second browser window, as you would when you first go onto the internet (keep the one that you have Mk1 Mk2 Transit Forum open in, this will help when you want to post your pics) go to http://www.photobucket.com by putting the address in the address bar, not via the link) and sign up for a free account.

You will then be directed to the page for uploading pictures. You can either upload one at a time, or directly under the 'Submit' button there is a drop down menu to select a number to do more than one at once.

To actually upload, click on the 'Browse' button. This will open another window with the pics on your computer in it. Click on the one you want to upload, and then click on 'Open'. This will close the little window and the code for your pic will appear next to the 'Browse' button. Repeat this if you have decided to do more than one at once, then click on 'Submit'. The words *Pictures Added will appear in red above the 'Browse' box.

Scroll down and you will see the pic(s) you have uploaded below, as you pass the mouse cursor over the album thumbnail, a drop down menu will appear with codes in it. The bottom one is labled Img. This is the code you need to copy to your post. Click on this to highlight it, then right click and select 'copy' and click on that.

Return to the Mk1 Mk2 Transit Forum, and open your post. Put the cursor where you want the pic to go, then right click and select 'paste' and the HTML code for your photo should appear on the post! Click on the 'Preview' button and check that the pic will come out before you post ! Then if you are happy, click on 'Submit'!

That's it, you've posted a picture!

Nice one Tayne, cheers. SOZ 2 B A NEWSENSE M8 but how do I do the word link please? You know the thing where you can type random words or sentences and if the words are clicked it opens a link? Cheers.

That's quite easy, copy+paste the url as normal

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-FIAT-PANDA-ITALIA-90-WHITE-RESTORED-34-000-miles-/150451633679?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item23079dbe0f

then on the first , remove the last bracket and replace it with = , and move the bracket to the end of the url - so

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-FIAT-PANDA-ITALIA-90-WHITE-RESTORED-34-000-miles-/150451633679?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item23079dbe0f

then type in whatever amusing word between the that bracket and the , so

shitbag

without spaces:

shitbag

Tayne I will see if I have any more Range Rover pics.If so I will upload to flickr for you.Must have had about twelve between 06 and 08 most were Ardennes Green but I had a couple of Plymouth Blue LSE's.Might still be in my recycle bin.I will have a look tomorrow.

I suppose here's as good a place as any to ask another dullard question:

How do I create an avatar? There seem to be loads of websites offering free avatar creations but I'm not sure which to go fores, plus some only use their own stock imag. Essentially, I've got an image but am unsure whether I try to resize it before uploading, what size to make it etc.

Any help is much appreciated!

No MM, you've helped! Just wouldn't mind knowing a good site to use to upload one for instance. Could I resize an image to 200 x 200 for example with Photobucket? Got an account with them already, so probably the easiest solution if possible. Don't think I'm able to resize to a specific size on my laptop, certainly using Lightroom.

Soz, this is almost PM territory questioning!

No need to appologise for your questions, i'd like to think we help eachother out here.

I think it would be best to resize the image on editing software, such as GIMP (which is free) , MS Paint or Adobe Photoshop.

And then from there upload it.

By all means play around and find the mix you are happy with .

Good luck

If you look at the upload options there is a list of uploaded sizes. 100x75 is given for avatars.

ImageShack has the same options.

Flickr allows any uploaded image to be posted in a range of sizes from 75x75 up to the original upload size.

I usually resize with either Irfanview (free) or The Gimp - as it comes with Linux anyway.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to inform any "Apple" users out there that the explanations given here also work for Apple computers. Sometimes Apple systems use a different methods but I'm glad to inform the Autoshite community that I can now post pictures (witness my addition to the Morris Ital thread, just to prove it!)

Tayne, I was going to ask how are you getting your photos off Flickr onto here now? However, I just sussed that I need to use the BBCode link in the “Share This†menu.

I was previously copying and pasting an extract from the HTML link, which is what first comes up.

4558135693_3c7faafdbf_o.jpg

Very young Spottedlaurel in pedal car #1 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr