Oh gawd -what have I done!

nigel bickle

My wife's going to kill me. It was only a tiny, wee bid- just above starting price. Why did no one else put even 1 counter bid in.

So -am I mad -or did you all miss it -hidden in the 'Other Spares' section..http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/1100-6.jpg

Posted Image

its a mid 50's (despite the reg plate) Fiat 1100- predecessor to my blue and green 1100Rs. Suicide doors -pretty solid looking -I feel silliness coming on. Now -where are those pills, must go for a lie down....

its a mid 50's (despite the reg plate) Fiat 1100

Unless the registration document is marked "non transferable registration number", you should be able to transfer this plate onto another car and DVLA will issue a non-transferable replacement without a year letter. I've heard of somebody who did this and actually regained the original mark - it had been transferred off the vehicle years earlier, but the coach it was transferred to was subsequently broken up without the number having been transferred off again!

That looks a very nice purchase Mr Bickle :) Do you know if it will take much to recommission :?:

I took a photo of a very sorry looking LHD example sat on top of a sunken Mk2 Z Car. It was at Wilkinson's of North Hykeham, near Lincoln. I took the piccies stood on North Hykeham Station platform 8)

That was in about 1996. The whole site has since been cleared though :cry:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its been a few years since I've seen one too. I'm told its solid -but needs a bit of welding(?), it ran last year but the starters stuck (or the engine's seized) the brakes are OK but off for re-lining.Huh?So -I suspect it all needs sorting -not least a proper age related plate!!Cant be difficult though- these are piss easy little cars to sort. However- it joins the queue -Viceroy comes first. I suspect it'll get a quick once over -then the winter collecting the necessary parts before a quick spring sort out.There again -it might be a pleasant suprise -and a weekends work.....

• 4 weeks later...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/0d72_1.jpg

Next in the queue for collection -and hiding!!

Posted Image

Looks clean and tidy enough -albeit with a seized engine from 10 years storage (borne out by DVLA). Rather deal with mechanical problems than rust on a 34 year old Italian (car!) anyday.

Expect it out next Spring(ish!)

• 2 weeks later...

Gone and done it again!!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/fiat/2e92_0.jpg

A rust free 52,000 miles 1970 Fiat 124 estate. Seems to be in reasonable -recently unused condition:

Posted Image

Pretty cheap too -only needs shipping from southern hemisphere!

Means SWMBO doesnt get to see it till Feb- she'll have calmed down by then!

Thank you kind Sirs. Daft really -but the quality of the stuff coming from down there has convinced me that this is the way forward for rare rust free motors.Value-wise, its a cost neutral or initial slight loss- but there's no welding involved! I'm sick of WELDING!!!!!And -when did you last see an unmolested Fiat 124- even I've not had one! Looks just like a lada -lovely.