Late registration madness

Mash

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Isle of Man reg, they went over onto prefix style format years before rest of UK. Anything with MAN or *MN in the plate is from there and would need UK re registration first.

Isle of Man reg, they went over onto prefix style format years before rest of UK. Anything with MAN or *MN in the plate is from there and would need UK re registration first.

Thanks, I didn't know that! Still, seeing a "C reg" Allegro is rather thrilling. :D

No pics as I was at work at the time but saw a 51 plate smiley face Transit on Friday, IIRC the newer shape started a year before on an X reg

Smiley HiCubes and LongCubes continued as late as 02-plates IIRC; certainly seen one of each...

A mate has a new-shape Transit tipper on a W plate.  Conversely, the chap up the road has just got rid of a Y-plate Smiley.  That was a hi-cube though, but I've seen the odd SWB smiley on a Y prefix.

The funny thing is that the new Transit was an early adopter of the new Euro emissions standards and is therefore LEZ compliant from the beginning of production.  However, the TFL system can't tell whether a Transit is smiley or new shape, so any X-plate or later Transit will be on the system as LEZ compliant, even if it's fitted with a filth-belching DI.

An ex-MoD Traveller? What would they be doing with that, some sort of fast-response bomb disposal? Perhaps it had a turrret on it and could fire anti-aircraft shells?  :shock:

Might have been an import, the DVLA seem a bit hit and miss at getting the right age plate on them

I'm pretty sure the MOD did use Morris Travellers and registered some as late as 1976. I seem to remember something about having to move the ignition switch to the steering column because they were registered after a certain date.

Up until 1983 it was standard practice to issue a current registration to cars even if they weren't new on registration.

• 3 weeks later...

spotted this last weekend in the leafy Chilterns. Piloted by a suitably ancient giffer, note missing hubcap and gaffer taped bumpers

Not horrifically late and my lads were nagging "what you taking a picture of that crap for" "exackerly" was my response

IMAG0811_zpsa120abb3.jpg

Doovla says

The vehicle details for N842 DRP are:

Date of Liability 01 07 2013 Date of First Registration 04 12 1999 Year of Manufacture 1996 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1300cc CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire Vehicle Colour BLACK Vehicle Type Approval

Not Available

Took 3 years to sell!! That has to be the ultimate in miserable motoring

spotted this last weekend in the leafy Chilterns. Piloted by a suitably ancient giffer, note missing hubcap and gaffer taped bumpers

Not horrifically late and my lads were nagging "what you taking a picture of that crap for" "exackerly" was my response

IMAG0811_zpsa120abb3.jpg

Doovla says

The vehicle details for N842 DRP are:

Date of Liability

01 07 2013

Date of First Registration

04 12 1999

Year of Manufacture

Cylinder Capacity (cc)

1300cc

CO2 Emissions

Not Available

Fuel Type

PETROL

Export Marker

N

Vehicle Status

Licence Due to Expire

Vehicle Colour

BLACK

Vehicle Type Approval

Not Available

Took 3 years to sell!! That has to be the ultimate in miserable motoring

Is that not an import? The wipers are LHD set up

Wipers are LHD but the wheel is on the correct side. Isn't this one of those that was exported in CKD form then reimported? Was that Ledbury or someone else?

Doesn't explain why it has an N plate, maybe a reverse DVLA cockup where it was issued on the VIN build date?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta