Late registration madness

Mash

Unsure if I've mentioned it but the ex Mrs had a p plated mk3 fiesta in dark green. Late plated with the added bonus of being a si trim with big bumpers but had 5 doors,1.6 engine and was basic inside bar bucket seats and power steering. Unlocking back doors was a pain with the large winged front seats though.

31579472188_1958398fda_b.jpg

1996 Peugeot 205 1.7 Diesel by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

I don't know much about late-model 205s, but this did look odd on a P-reg. My Parker's Guide suggests a very limited range was available here at the end, based on the Mardi Gras?

All those P reg 205s are from a last batch made in the early part of 96' and staggered out, there aren't any R plate or beyond cars aside from imports and one random T plate car which was created in 1995 but perhaps sat around or was brought over from the Channel Islands... I've had about five or six P reg ones now, that one up there ^ I was looking into buying when it came up for sale but I think the seller wanted too much money for it and it was up the other end of the country... Lovely car, horrid wheels. 

Anyway, here.... 

post-18047-0-72178000-1543063926_thumb.jpg

Probably spent a few years in a field somewhere before being registered - pre-facelift Rover 75 on a 55 plate 

$_86.JPG

Is for sale for £400 too - pretty clean MoT history - unclear whether Club or Classic spec tho

https://www.gumtree.com/p/mg/great-condition-service-history-and-used-daily-runs-well-any-rover-enthusiasts-would-like-this-car/1321799481

Unsure if I've mentioned it but the ex Mrs had a p plated mk3 fiesta in dark green. Late plated with the added bonus of being a si trim with big bumpers but had 5 doors,1.6 engine and was basic inside bar bucket seats and power steering. Unlocking back doors was a pain with the large winged front seats though.

They were pretty common at the time in Huddersfield on a P . Sold as the Fiesta Classic. Seem to remember they were all that green with Si bumpers.

Thanks all for the bits of info on the late 205 I saw.

Seeing that H-reg Metro reminded me of this one:

6540238661_947f1bf571_b.jpg

1991 Rover Metro Clubman 1.3 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Someone on Flickr reckoned it might have been an auto, which they apparently kept going for a bit longer until the CVT came out in the new model. My Parker's Guide backs this up to an extent, but says only the 5dr was officially available onto an H-plate.

Saw this for sale on Faceache...

attachicon.gif8B3827D5-0C44-46AE-9C3C-0CD2FED50289.png

Gotta be a late one that!

It's the picture of the W reg 126.

That'll be a 'FIAT Auto Poland 126' made between 1992 and 2000, probably brought over from Eastern Europe and re-registered here (note the left hand drive). W-reg would make it one of the last ones - if you're lucky it could be one of the very last, limited edition, ones. They made 500 in red and 500 in yellow and revelled in the glorious name of 'Happy Ending'.

They were pretty common at the time in Huddersfield on a P . Sold as the Fiesta Classic. Seem to remember they were all that green with Si bumpers.

This one was actually registered as a fiesta 1.6 si. Never seen one that late. Seen a fair few n plate mk3 but not another p.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably spent a few years in a field somewhere before being registered - pre-facelift Rover 75 on a 55 plate 

$_86.JPG

Is for sale for £400 too - pretty clean MoT history - unclear whether Club or Classic spec tho

https://www.gumtree.com/p/mg/great-condition-service-history-and-used-daily-runs-well-any-rover-enthusiasts-would-like-this-car/1321799481

I think these were shipped to Bermuda and came back again. 

• 2 weeks later...

post-5570-0-37050500-1544913325_thumb.jpeg

post-5570-0-31638700-1544913363_thumb.jpeg

62 plate Peugeot 207 hatchback! These finished on a "12"... I actually saw a 13 plate 207 SW a while ago as well (finished on a "62") but I'd probably have to dig up the photo!

Not sure why the photos went on their sides after uploading... As you may gather there were people in the car, and after taking the photos I heard "OI!... OIIIIII!" and ran away. I was shaking!!! They were obviously "surprised" that a late registered car was having its photo taken...

attachicon.gif8B77B207-5193-41C5-B724-731324BA2AAA.jpeg

attachicon.gif2FF1D1C9-136E-4A0F-BDE1-71DE99711269.jpeg

62 plate Peugeot 207 hatchback! These finished on a "12"... I actually saw a 13 plate 207 SW a while ago as well (finished on a "62") but I'd probably have to dig up the photo!

Not sure why the photos went on their sides after uploading... As you may gather there were people in the car, and after taking the photos I heard "OI!... OIIIIII!" and ran away. I was shaking!!! They were obviously "surprised" that a late registered car was having its photo taken...

I think I beat you a few pages back, I found a 14 plate 207 CC lurking around my area, to put into perspective, my 208 is a year older than it haha! 

• 3 months later...