Yugo Sana....In beige OMG!

warren t claim

To be honest it's survived countless door knocks off rigger boot and hiab boys so my best chance of a deal is trying to reason with him and sell the idea of it better being preserved in someone else's hands than slowly rotting away to nothing. He's not short of money so I hope to convince him that it'll be a fitting tribute to his late parents.

It'd be brilliant if this was saved. Go gingerly though. Tbh if anyone came knocking on my door asking about any of my cars my first reaction would be to tell them to fuck off, I think cos it'd feel a bit creepy, as though they'd been spying on me. Plus I always distrust people's motives. There again maybe I'm just a bit "queer" too. The other thing is, if you get it be prepared for disappointment. I owned a Yugo 45 for a while just for the hell of it. It was ok but never attracted any attention as no one knew what it was, so it was just another hatchback. (I may have just contradicted myself!)

Anyway good luck....be great to see this in safe hands.

If anyone's serious, then I'd go for a very well written letter.  Don't go digging to find out his name (it'll likely creep him out) but just explain that, whilst of little value, it's of reasonable historical significance and you would like to see the vehicle preserved for the future.  

Explain how simple the transaction will be, reassure him that you're not expecting a minter and that he won't need to help recover it.  In essence, just try to overcome any potential objections before he has the chance to make them.  

If that doesn't work then, in my experience, nothing will.  You just have to hope that the scrap yard offer it up for sale before it gets baled.

Get knocking on the door, these cars are dreadfull so you must get it saved. I've had good results by just knocking on doors and asking about buying old crap. Other year I saw a bmw 635 on a drive, I parked up knocked on the back door and a big fat guy answered door naked lol. I asked about the bmw, he said just a minute mate, let me get some cloths on. I ended up buying it from him

I'm thinking of the following plan of attack so any further ideas would be appreciated.

Firstly I'm going to door knock him. I've got a feeling that he's a bit Tony Martin (hopefully without the shotgun) but maybe I'll be lucky. I'll not be too heavy on the guy but in all fairness I very much doubt that his mum's final words were "Son, you must save the Sana". At the end of the day he was in his mid 20s at least when his dad bought it, it wasn't as if he was taken home from the hospital in it. If I can secure a deal to save it I'll get it picked up by a local recovery firm and taken to a nearby place of safety as I've got the feeling that he could change his mind and I don't fancy a fellow shiter driving a tow truck for hours just to get here and discover that sentimentality has given the bloke cold feet.

Any improvements on that plan welcome.

Actually, just show him a picture of DW's garage.  That could be enough to convince him it's going to the right sort of home.  I'm not saying DW's garage looks like it belongs to a hoarder... wait, no, that's exactly what I'm saying.

I want to SORT his SHELVES.  SO BAD.

I'm thinking of the following plan of attack so any further ideas would be appreciated.

Firstly I'm going to door knock him. I've got a feeling that he's a bit Tony Martin (hopefully without the shotgun) but maybe I'll be lucky. I'll not be too heavy on the guy but in all fairness I very much doubt that his mum's final words were "Son, you must save the Sana". At the end of the day he was in his mid 20s at least when his dad bought it, it wasn't as if he was taken home from the hospital in it. If I can secure a deal to save it I'll get it picked up by a local recovery firm and taken to a nearby place of safety as I've got the feeling that he could change his mind and I don't fancy a fellow shiter driving a tow truck for hours just to get here and discover that sentimentality has given the bloke cold feet.

Any improvements on that plan welcome.

Men's Sana in corpore sano....

OT, but I always thought the Sana was Yugo's attempt at a Citroen ZX....

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi all,

Found this thread but doing a Google search on the car's VRN.

The owner's been directly in touch with me, and I'm tempted. But also given my inaction on the ZAZ Tavria I bought then sold after sitting on it for a year, it's probably best I don't. 

He's not in a rush to sell, got in touch directly as he reads Classic Car Weekly and AROnline, and would like about £400 for it. As I say, I'm tempted as it's literally just down the road from me and I have a trailer, but I suspect there might be someone more suitable out there 😂

Having said that ... Sana, for goodness' sake!

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/02/2024 at 17:33, kadams1970 said:

Hi all,

Found this thread but doing a Google search on the car's VRN.

The owner's been directly in touch with me, and I'm tempted. But also given my inaction on the ZAZ Tavria I bought then sold after sitting on it for a year, it's probably best I don't. 

He's not in a rush to sell, got in touch directly as he reads Classic Car Weekly and AROnline, and would like about £400 for it. As I say, I'm tempted as it's literally just down the road from me and I have a trailer, but I suspect there might be someone more suitable out there 😂

Having said that ... Sana, for goodness' sake!

Are you talking about the Wirral Sana I opened this thread with because it's not there anymore?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, its took me a while to get approved to post on here but I live VERY close to where the Wirral Sana was, does anyone genuinely know where it has gone to? Online it says the logbook was last issued in 2012 but I don't think that's right as when looking up my own vehicles the date of the logbook issue is correct to when I bought them but looking up my Father in Laws car which he has had since 2002 says the logbook was last issued in 2010 - it absolutely wasn't! So am not sure the accuracy of the records...

11 minutes ago, Zap82 said:

Hi, its took me a while to get approved to post on here but I live VERY close to where the Wirral Sana was, does anyone genuinely know where it has gone to? Online it says the logbook was last issued in 2012 but I don't think that's right as when looking up my own vehicles the date of the logbook issue is correct to when I bought them but looking up my Father in Laws car which he has had since 2002 says the logbook was last issued in 2010 - it absolutely wasn't! So am not sure the accuracy of the records...

The date of log book issue on dvla site isn't necessarily when it was last sold, it was last issue. So house move, name change, replacement for lost V5 etc which might explain your father in laws

As for the Sana, I believe its been sold to someone on the Yugo Facebook forum . If he applied for logbook via post and not online it takes an age to show up on the DVLA website