JHT - (a spotted thread) UPDATED page 9 onwards.

Jack_Harpers_Teeth

Granada is a Consul btw.  I made the same  "mistake" when posting the picture elsewhere....it took about 4 microseconds before I was told otherwise! :P

I should point ou, these cars are all seen just out and about on the IoW's roads, none are taken at car shows - simply because I don't attend car shows.

Anyway here we go again....

o79Jz0Ll.jpg

GYc9DS4l.jpg

HU5ODral.jpg

tJCFX4cl.jpg

tJCFX4cl.jpg

I think this one ^^^ will be familiar with Autoshiters ;-)

tJCFX4cl.jpg

QqYu0qgl.jpg

IFTj3MCl.jpg

O3GfWcXl.jpg

S4Ynejkl.jpg

x6m9nYfl.jpg

408000312.jpg

407999092.jpg

407928771.jpg

407928768.jpg

407364262.jpg

407334749.jpg

407334763.jpg

407143175.jpg

407087545.jpg

And I think that brings you up to date.  Thanks for the warm welcome back, it's much appreciated.

I'd toss that Wulzy's trims at the nearest passing Cayenne along with the arch extensions but I would wager those plates are the originals.....Too many nice original motors lose their correct reflectives for "period" black and white  ones, often with incorrect fonts (I am as guilty on my Oxford  on that front but it came with vile plastic nightmares not the originals).   Harder  to replace the correct reflectives now with these crap modern type fonts  - most post 68 cars came with reflectives well ahead of  the 1973 legislatory requirement.   I will hang the anorak up  now!

That Vitesse with the stripe has a Fiat twin cam in it - seen it at car jumbles and shows on the island.

I recognise most of the cars in this thread - small island i suppose.

Theres a shagged looking sherpa that i've seen in lidls carpark loads of times and always meant to get a picture of missing from this thread though!

I'll have to give the rebel a polish before you next spot it - its got nicer wheels now  :-D

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cnd, yes I know that Sherpa, it looks amazing, I have photographed it before, just had look through my various photo accounts and can't find it, still something to "find" again soon as it's often about.

Here some more recent ones from me to you;

408165493.jpg

408184295.jpg

408203343.jpg

1483761_10151806104041375_2091949767_o_z

408266728.jpg

That Princess (no need to repost) is probably utterly ruined and not for sale, but I'd like to let the club know about it anyway.  I could make a post on the Princess forum with 'details on request' rather than posting an address and whatever publicly if you'd be willing to share the info?  Not one for me, obviously, two broken Princesses is enough for anyone.

• 10 months later...

great spottage, sir....I have not had my Pile of Shite fix this year so there was an extra element of pleasure in seeing those surroundings again!   That black Wolzy (15/50?) I have often seen bedraggled and wet by the side of the road, somewhere around Niton IIRC...Vanguard was on sale this side of the Yarmouth ferry for strong money recently too.  

Nice spots sir! The Alpine GTA is of particular interest, any more info on it Jack? LHD by the look of it?

Not really mate, just sort of came across it parked up in the ferry car park one morning, no one was more surprised than me to see it there.  There seem to be a metal plate riveted/screwed above one of the headlights measuring up to a true shitebodge fix-it type scenario which did make me chuckle.

Here is another shot of it;

WP_001232_zpsdc535e5d.jpg

great spottage, sir....I have not had my Pile of Shite fix this year so there was an extra element of pleasure in seeing those surroundings again!   That black Wolzy (15/50?) I have often seen bedraggled and wet by the side of the road, somewhere around Niton IIRC... 

Thanks, yes seen that one, it looks pretty rough. There is another one in Freshwater which is used all the time regardless of the weather, I have a picture of it somewhere...see if I can find it.

So there is at least three of these over there then!    Cannot imagine them being much more weather tight than my Cowley and I don't like leaving that out in the rain if I can help it...Nice to see them on the road though.   There is some great stuff being used on the Island that's for sure....