JHT - (a spotted thread) UPDATED page 9 onwards.

Jack_Harpers_Teeth

V I always wondered why Isle of Wight vehicles survived better than mainland ones....

A combination of things I reckon. A large population of elderly/retired people who have old skool standards of "look after it". Low annual mileages, only recently (last 5 years) has there been widespread salting of the roads.

However, I have noticed in the last couple of years a dramatic reduction in old cars here, the Scrapage Scheme (boo hiss!) played a big part in reducing the population here and the introduction of lots more Hyundai cars :( .

I have some pictures of a trip to the scrapyard to see the victims of Scrappage here on the island, I put the pictures up a new topic here sometime - sad pictures though.

Just to add some spots from the last week or so.....

DSC00005-2.jpg

I6zZnl.jpg

This I believe is a Honda 400/4 Super Sport;

wAazAl.jpg

This picture was taken a while back but the car is still about, saw it today, chip-oil powered.

Xrfry2.jpg

XRfry.jpg

NOT a Ferrari

ferrari.jpg

DustyDolly.jpg

Not something you see everyday eh?

Towing.jpg

Hope you like. :)

I found these (old) pictures on Photobucket in an album that I forgot I had.

1100_3.jpg

Transit1-1.jpg

P1.jpg

^^^ Austin Princess.

Hornet.jpg

XRfry.jpg

I still need a set of these, but I have this habit of finding them for sale just after they've sold. I could also do with finding some of those funny ribbed plastic door protectors with the reflectors in (black with red reflectors, ideally). Maybe a static strip too... and a spiral-based body-coloured wing-mounted aerial like my Dad had on his Datsun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blimey, I didn't realise the IoW was so good for tat, my older brother lives there, I need to go and visit him sometime and grab some photos whilst I'm there I guess!

Also, I think the Maestro may be ex AA instead of BT, because of the Reading issued numberplate and the H plate, they would have repainted it grey I reckon. Still a very good spot though.

Some great spots on here JHT. Don't think I've ever seen a C15 pickup, and that Charade from the other day is a little gem as well 8)

Who put those trimz and arches on that poor little Woolly Whore's Nest? It would look very fine otherwise.

nice MkA

Laurie Bond was an interesting character. I own two of his designs, although I prefer the Berkeley to the Bond!

3 Wheeler version or 4?

1959 Berkeley B95 - four wheeler

1953 Bond MkC - three wheeler

Had umpteen Berks (4xT60, 1xSE328, 1xB95)

C15 pickups are more common than you think - almost every C15 Romahome (built in IOW) is based on a pick up.

nice MkA

Laurie Bond was an interesting character. I own two of his designs, although I prefer the Berkeley to the Bond!

3 Wheeler version or 4?

1959 Berkeley B95 - four wheeler

1953 Bond MkC - three wheeler

Had umpteen Berks (4xT60, 1xSE328, 1xB95)

C15 pickups are more common than you think - almost every C15 Romahome (built in IOW) is based on a pick up.

I thought the T60 was a 3 wheeler?

• 3 weeks later...

Time to update....

Badly parked Capri;

ePaF9l.jpg

Posh 2 tone Black Cab;

tc3h8l.jpg

Harry finest - stripped!

nNzL9l.jpg

b0OHsl.jpg

ATS been looking for this FIATS engine;

QlMLyl.jpg

...given up thy have I reckon.

Petit Italian seeks some camping action;

GTRg8l.jpg

HnwMRl.jpg

Hmmm moss:

WddCnl.jpg

Anyone here able to identify as to what model this Mercedes van is:

K04rVl.jpg

I would say it was larger than a Vito but smaller than a Sprinter. Anyone?

aSQ0il.jpg

3 wheeled Wolseley;

bIyeAl.jpg

There you go then. :)

With that roof extending over the front, that Fiat 900E looks like a 'Sleeping Giant' version.

I can't help with identifying the Merc van, but I do remember seeing loads of them when I first went to France in 1988. I liked them because they were unusual as we didn't get them, plus they look shonky to boot... :D

Nice work JHT.

The Dolly's looking well Mr.J.H.Teeth, I presume the MOT was a mere formality? 8)

I can honestly say I've never seen a Honda NSX in the metal, I know they weren't popular but even by the standards of normal rarities they seem super-elusive round these parts.