Anyone know where I can lay my hands on a Harvey Frost?

nigel bickle

Ok -here's the plot. My old Renault Prairie is now seemingly going rather well -and settling down -having covered nearly 300 miles since I bought it. My rule of thumb is first 500 miles is snagging (expect the unexpected, always carry comprehensive toolkit, and AA card!)-but so far (digits crossed etc) it all looks fine. So -I'd like to make use of the hook on the back -as although its dog slow -its got oodles of torque. But it came without any of the apparatus -just the winch and hook -which looks very similar to a 60's H/Frost.So -has anyone got the brackets, chains, rubber strops and retaining irons -or dimensions I could get copied? I think it will look the biz with the Fregate on the back (or any other 50/60's jam jar)Tried L/Rover forums (all a bit yah de dah arent they) -even the Austin Gyspy reg- but to no avail.Those on the bay seem to hit big numbers these days -presumably the high cost of steel -so thats out -unless I grit my teeth VERY hard!So go on -dig yours out -you know it makes sense . I'll even pay a reasonable price too...

Bloody hell -where did you find that? Mines a van -no side windows and about a foot of the rear bodywork gone -but, BLOODY HELL.Marvellous, is it the same one that was a Goodwood Revival prop a few years ago -or similar. Been told there was an orange stickered one there -but never found any info or pics

Bloody hell -where did you find that?

I Googled for "Renault Prairie" as I didn't know what the vehicle looked like and ....

Mines a van -no side windows and about a foot of the rear bodywork gone -but, BLOODY HELL.

I think you posted some pics on here when you collected it via an A-frame; from France wasn't it?

Marvellous, is it the same one that was a Goodwood Revival prop a few years ago -or similar. Been told there was an orange stickered one there -but never found any info or pics

No idea on that I'm afraid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

keef -thanks -but a 7 ton trailer for £5oo isnt what I need -just the board and brackets, chains and rubber straps Thanks though

Wonder what that's like? :twisted: You could always ask if they sell the bits separately :wink:

• 6 months later...