Wheeler Dealers 18/5/10

AXrescuer

he said yorkshire is a bit far from where he is.... didn't he go all the way to italy to buy a fiat 500?

Italy is a bit south - thats okay - but the cold north BBBRRRR brewer would miss his watneys red barrel

brewer attitude to 'far away' yorkshire reminds me of michael melee in the famous McEwans best scotch advert from the eighties

"cor, its colder than frozen pizza, and the heads as thick as a dockers sandwich"

had a look on utube to demonstrate, but failed

i did find this though:

Next weeks is the Sierra Cosworth again so I guess it’s run it current series, shame as I’ve quite enjoyed it.

I regularly watch Wheeler Dealers. Okay, we know Mike Brewer isn't exactly the brightest penny in the collection. Moderately entertaining nevertheless, even though he plays the old Cockney charm far too heavily these days. I too have enjoyed the current (or most recent) series.

Being a great fan of early 90’s Ford’s (many, many happy childhood memories with most of the range on H, J & K plates), I really did enjoy the Sierra Sapphire Cosworth episode. There were odd moments were I had to shake my head, though. Mike almost taking the front bumper off as he rammed it up to the workshop to do his usual ‘honking horn scene’ was just for starters. Sure, the driver's door card needed replacement and the bolster on the driver's seat needed work, but the rest of the interior from what I saw looked fine to me. A good clean and a leather feed would have brought it back up easily. Did anyone notice when Mike bought an original set of Lattice alloys that they weren't exactly in the best of conditions but were suddenly immaculate when they went on the car...?! I didn't see the cost for a refurb on the totting up of costs at the end!

ive been watching this new series, and noted the number of times he starts a cold v6 or v8 then immediately bangs it off the rev limiter

Aye, the Triumph Stag immediately springs to mind there... Started it up and then proceeded to take it right into the red... I had to laugh when he pulled up outside the workshop in the TVR. He knew it was overheating as he had to stop on the way, so what did he do to get Ed's attention outside the workshop? Rev the nuts off it... Idiot. As for the Sierra Cosworth - replaced a bearing in the gearbox (I imagine due to the additional power it had which it isn't really designed to take) only then to take it to a mile long straight to drop the clutch and hammer it (Mike revs the nuts off it)...

Red lining a Stag is a very silly thing to do, in fact, starting one at all is usually fatal. Triumph would have been better off welding two K series engines together than the pile of shit that they came up with. Out of interest , I wonder if you could mate a Saab turbo lump to that gearbox......someone lobbed one in a Dolomite without major hassle!

Did anyone notice when Mike bought an original set of Lattice alloys that they weren't exactly in the best of conditions but were suddenly immaculate when they went on the car...?! I didn't see the cost for a refurb on the totting up of costs at the end!

I've noticed that before, when they did the BMW six-free-five the Brewer bought a spares car cheap as chips with an immaculate leather sports interior, when I say immaculate what I mean is freshly restored/re-coloured leather interior just the seats alone would be worth at least £500 on their own so I detected a hint of bullshit.

Also being the pedant I am I've been looking at the assorted shit lying about in the background, in many of the shots near the lift theres a Lexus alloy wheel like the set of FOUR that he bought for the LS400, so why is there another lying about eh Brewster?

Thing is I've seen the Brubeck in interviews on other shows and he comes across as alright there, maybe its time to park the mouth up eh Brewmeister?

I wonder how long the series can go on, sure the different cars appeal more than others to viewers but its pretty much the same old same old really.

I couldn't be fucked making the tea afterwards so I got the workshop bitch Paul to do it

It's clearly that either they edit the prog right down or they cut corners. In the first series they did up an old green mini, spent ages doing the bodywork but you could see that the interior was ripped to pieces. It was never even mentioned!

• 2 months later...

Watched a bit of this again tonight. Annoying how Mr Brewer treats most cars he sells as if it's the best example on the planet because it's been blown over by one man (and a couple more men behind the scenes no doubt).

There's only one man more annoying than Mr Brewer when he turns on the haggling/selling thing, and that's the entire Fifth Gear squad of presenters. :lol:

The episode were they did the Bentley Mulsanne annoyed me. I thought the blue was quite nice and would've came out good after a repaint but they changed it for the most boring Bentley colour ever (used on the new VW Continental GT). Also he pulls up all the usual stereotypes about a lot of cars, present in the TVR episode mostly and also on the Corvette episode.