Wheeler Dealers 18/5/10

AXrescuer

Is that the one where they did the hideous wrap thing on the T25? It was so bad Edd had to say he wanted it..

With the Astroturf for carpet... :roll:

One of the worst ever. I quite enjoyed last night's programme but I feared the worst when I saw the idea was to "do up" a VW van. Once you admit that it's not instructional so much as entertainment Wheeler Dealers is great fun, but I have learnt some useful bits'n'pieces from it. Edd China is a really nice guy - I spoke to him at the NEC a couple of years ago.

I wanted a repeat of the VW episode last week, It was shite and very amateurish, Almost like they ran out of ideas and his mate offered him the van so he though, fuck it, it's will fill a time solt.I'm yet to watch the new episode from last night as i sky+ it.

I wanted a repeat of the VW episode last week, It was shite and very amateurish, Almost like they ran out of ideas and his mate offered him the van so he though, fuck it, it's will fill a time solt.I'm yet to watch the new episode from last night as i sky+ it.

Another double brandy Trig? :lol:

Yeah I watched this one last night.

I reckon Edd's choice of that Metallic Orange was a good choice, however I was a bit underwhelmed by Mike Brewers' statement that he was to have been "proud" to have sold the van to a army Major "as he is one of our brave boys fighting for our country".

Someone should have told him the war ended 60 odd years ago (didn't it? :? )

I also wonder if Mr. Brewer was so very "proud" to have given this mystrious Army Officer a generous discount too? I think not.

Edd China is a really nice guy - I spoke to him at the NEC a couple of years ago.

I agree. In fact the show would be much better without Brewer at all imho.For a supposed pro car salesman, the guy couldn't haggle a deal to save his life!

Edd China is a really nice guy,I spoke to him at the NEC a couple of years ago.

Im not convinced....he grates on me by making it all look so easy and matter of factly whereas i always end up with bleeding knuckles/fingers,covered in oil and no closer to where i started lol

• 3 weeks later...

An RAF source said: "This could have become one of the worst incidents for UKTVs scheduling department. "If the bullet had hit the pilot a millimetre lower, the quality of motoring programming in the UK would have risen immeasurably from that day forth."

I'd love to know how much time they actually but into the resto of a car,,,ie..do they ed(it) it 1 month into 1 hour????

Oh---and who remembers the smoke pouring out of the bottom of the 205GTI that was suppose to be the GEAR LINKAGE!!! :D

An RAF source said: "This could have become one of the worst incidents for UKTVs scheduling department. "If the bullet had hit the pilot a millimetre lower, the quality of motoring programming in the UK would have risen immeasurably from that day forth."

Harsh, but on the whole, pretty fair!

I'm sure Sky News meant to write this.....

"If the bullet had hit the pilot a millimetre lower, those on board wouldn't have stood a chance....of buying Mike and Edd's Mk1 Golf GTi 'Campaign'* with the wrong wheels and side stripes put on upside down for a bargain £82934737228239393827.37p"

*It wasn't a Campaign, despite Mike almost 'swearin on 'is old ma's grayvve innit' that it was.

Why was Mike Brewer on that helicopter? Was he buying a cheap classic there?

Thats what i was thinking. Google tells me it was because he was making a programme called 'Frontline Battle machines' for Discovery and was onboard as it was the last surviving aircraft from the Faulklands war.

If you've watched Mythbusters, you'll know a bullet can't ricochet acute angles. It was probably a bit of shrapnel (but a peice of hot, fast shrapnel) that touched his nose.

Actually, Mike Brewer probably did die, but he haggled death into some ridiculous, laughable deal. Or he just kicked him out again for being what he is.

IMO brewer is a twat

ive been watching this new series, and noted the number of times he starts a cold v6 or v8 then immediately bangs it off the rev limiter

cor - listen to that engine - he says - while the shocked owner looks on in disbelief :cry:

the cosworth sierra: 5920 spent (not including labour, transport costs or fees), then sold for 6200

the 840 beemer: 5040 spent (not including labour, transport costs or fees), then sold for 5750

the L reg stag: 4529 spent (not including labour, transport costs or fees) advertises for 5995 then sells it for 5500

id be crying in my beer with those deals - but brewer puts on his mockery brave face each time, and forgets about his overheads

im uploading the TVR episode (edited to remove the filler bits) to utube right now - i ll add a link once its processed - well worth watching, if only for brewers buying techniques