Drive it day tomorrow (Sunday 25th)

j-j

Went out along the M8 to Edinburgh, up the M9 to Stirling and back down past Glasgow to near Lanark - varied weather.Rule No1 (broken) take a camera person.I didn't see much but there were one or two oldies out: first was an MGB on the M8 - overtook and waved but the guy looked miserable/disgusted (groan - bo-ring), next was a Rover P4 on the other side of the M8, then a sprite. . . . . on the back of a recovery truck (but at least it was out!) then shortly after, a low loader with two classic tractors on the back. M9 - zilch. Not a thing for 30 miles! Stirling services (usually good spotting ground for some reason) absolute zilch-o.Nothing on the M80 - passed an XM and flashed but no response..Then Finally on the M74 I overtook what I think was an MG A driven by an old boy.That is all. Might not bother next year :)

Not much running about this year, in fact all I did see was a Mini, and a Triumph Herald, and that's about it! Now last year, seen quite a few more cars running around from pre-war to 80's, dont know if fuel prices or the state of crappy roads thats put everyone off this year.Still there's a Bank Holiday coming up again, that usually see more old ones out and about.

There was a convoy of Sherpa Coupés on the A55 this afternoon, along with an MGF. Also spotted a garage with some proper shite in Wales, but was driving past at the time so didn't grab a shot. Nicely scruffy Mk2 Jag there, too.

We were up in the Yorkshire dales with my parents, saw quite a few old motors about, but didn't have the camera. A pair of Sunbeam Alpines outside a cafe, a '30s Lanchester chugging up a hill, a Manta A in Ilkley, plus multiple sightings of MGs and Moggie Thous.

Cos it were piddlin' down I decided not to do anything, but then it brightened up about lunchtime so i thought I'd take the white Tagora out.When i got to the garage, the battery was flat despite having fully charged it last week, which was rather odd.I couldn't be arsed faffing about so took the Simca 1100 out instead and ended up at the Vauxhall Heritage Centre in Luton.I'd been a couple of years ago but they do change the stock around so it's always worth a peek.Everything is in lovely condition right from early 20th Century veteran stuff which doesn't really interest me right up to the last Vectra produced at the factory in 2002.Favourites on display were:PB CrestaPB Victor estateVictor 101 estateHA/HB/HC VivasViscountMk1 Cavalier 2000GLSMk 2 Cavalier 1600LVictor FEVentora FDI would have taken photos but am camera-less at the moment!! :( A few classics were in the carpark there. A MK1 Astra, Cortina Mk1, Bedford Beagle, Renault 16TX, Jaguar 420.Didn't see any other classics on the road at all so a bit disappointing!!

I saw quite alot yesterday, loads of pre 1920 British cars went through Odiham, no idea where they were going. There was a J4 van parked outside the local antiques show, went to photo it but there was so many people I couldnt:( Certain it will be at the Basingstoke show however. On the motorway there was a few gems, a big 80s Mazda saloon went past on the other side, probably went to the Brooklands meet. Clean Sierra estate in Camberley, two MKII GTEs in the service station, a ratty looking Minor, and a Corniche convertible parked up when we got back, managed to photo that one at least. Saturday also brought out a few bits and bobs, notably two MGAs (I really like them, oddly rare compared to the B as well), Elan and a mint 323 on a C plate, the owner looked like an enthusiast.