Drive it day tomorrow (Sunday 25th)

j-j

It's drive it day tomorrow so I think I'll go out for a spin up towards Stirling services and back the M9 via Edinburgh - not quite a day out or anything but hopefully spot some of the polished turds out and aboutz.Anyone else going out for a spin n their crock of shite?

I have to say I've noticed absolutely no difference whatsoever in traffic on these "Drive It" days. They must not do it around here.

Yea, I went out for a spin last year and saw pretty much fok all. But the probability of some top heavy old chuggers out on the highways and byways is that little bit higher and if the weather is up to scratch (like it was today here) then you never know what you'll see on the roads.Anyway, I like a tenuous excuse to go for a run for no good reason other than drive it.

The Zody is having a run to Dawlish via Paignton seafront, the first decent drive since fitting an electronic ignition kit a few weeks back.

Hey, that'll be good - the electronic ignition will see instant start ups and nice smooth running - bigger sparks too so maybe better consumption? or Powah

Just like any other day really... Last year I went on a really good run with the Cambridge-Oxford guys,ending at that shite heaven Stondon. This year looks like I'll probably just bimble along to the Borgward Drivers CLub AGM for a giggle.

Hirst, Station: gents, unless I have the irony filter set too close to 11, you're missing the point of Drive-it Day. It doesn't have to be an organised event, it can be informal too, as was originally intended; a few mates out for a drive maybe, or a solo trip somewhere.I'm wishing my Dyane wasn't still in the garage in bits... :roll::wink:

I drive classics everyday, but loads won't, so I'm hoping to see lots of classics. To be fair, I have seen plenty of classics about on the the previous three occasions though on one of those, it was just another 200 mile day for me, my wife and the 2CV as we drove 3500 miles around the UK!Unfortunately, it's pouring down with rain here. Arse.

Weather has cleared up a bit here. Went out for an hour or so, but the only 'old' stuff I saw were a couple of Volvos and they weren't out for Drive it Day.

Bugger all out there.

I think I'm gonna have to start a Liverpool "Old cars" page on Facebook and try and get something going.

I got a couple of photos of the Rover, but that was about it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Weather has cleared up a bit here. Went out for an hour or so, but the only 'old' stuff I saw were a couple of Volvos and they weren't out for Drive it Day.Bugger all out there.I think I'm gonna have to start a Liverpool "Old cars" page on Facebook and try and get something going.

Sorry about today Pete, bit too busy you see. See the GOM thread.

Too wet/ too hungover here. Bit of a bastard as fancied a blast on the scoot.Not all bad news though as yesterday I went in search of a cheap Micra I'd heard about and found a road about a mile from here which appeared to house 95.123% of the automotive shite in Chester.I'll get busy with the pixelator sometime this week and bang some pictures up.Jon/Station/Pete/other localish dudes/everybody/anybody:Fancy a run up to Mouldsworth Motor Museum one Sunday soon, do our own 'drive it' day?We could have a look round (tiny but worth a visit) then maybe go for a run round local area and to/past Oulton Park?

I don't really get this drive-it day thing. It's a Sunday in the Spring, when shows and things are starting up and people are likely to start chugging round in their old cars anyway.Be more impressive if it was on a random day midweek, so that people would notice them in the daily commute and it'd create more impact.I did more than enough driving of one of mine yesterday, and it's likely I'll be using the Laurel for much of the forthcoming week.

Too wet/ too hungover here. Bit of a bastard as fancied a blast on the scoot.Not all bad news though as yesterday I went in search of a cheap Micra I'd heard about and found a road about a mile from here which appeared to house 95.123% of the automotive shite in Chester.I'll get busy with the pixelator sometime this week and bang some pictures up.Jon/Station/Pete/other localish dudes/everybody/anybody:Fancy a run up to Mouldsworth Motor Museum one Sunday soon, do our own 'drive it' day?We could have a look round (tiny but worth a visit) then maybe go for a run round local area and to/past Oulton Park?

Yes I would do that. We couldn't go mental with the blezzing though, my Amazon is slower than a tectonic plate. And it may have to be a Saturday if this job comes off.

I drive like an old man anyhow so that won't be a problem chief. I'll try and find opening times and maybe stick a thread up about it and see what dates people can make?

Did my bit; took Walter the Wartburg out for a run around north London & Hertfordshire.We saw several other classics out and about, including a black Ford Consul, circa 1958, an old "B" reg Vauxhall Viva and a fantastic Austin 10, which had working semaphore indicators! I pulled into the garage behind him & he said he was off to a get-together in Harpenden. Would love to have gone but had been at work since 4.30 am so was somewhat fatigued... Plenty of classic stuff running around apart from that mentioned. I had a number of friendly waves from passers by, too! All in all a good day out!

I saw a convoy of 8 varied Mog Minors and an interloping Sherpa Coupe whilst out today, I tried to educate disinterested offspring in the marvel that is the "trombone fart" minor exhaust note, which was met with utter indifference. :roll: PS> I am well interested in participating in a day out at Cov.