Jump to content

Morris Leslie Auction, Errol, Perthshire Sat 18th Nov


Saabnut

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

There's a 33k mile Xedos 9! I shall bid on that... Or not as they only activate account Mon-Fri...

even though Livebid?

wonder if you could set up a telephone bid?  Seems odd to lock people out on auction day and potentially miss business 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

even though Livebid?

wonder if you could set up a telephone bid?  Seems odd to lock people out on auction day and potentially miss business 

It's indeed not very clever on their side. They want a deposit paid over the phone to ensure you aren't pulling out. The smart way would be just asking for debit card information during registration...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, loserone said:

For the duration of the Timed Sale 30th July to 13th August Office Hours are extended to include Saturday & Sunday 9-5pm

 

I guess they mean you can ring up and do it today?

I thought about ringing but was busy anyway. Doesn't look like they published the results yet, did it sell?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, doug said:

Did you get Lot 749 @Saabnut ? Bargain Saab surely.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
 

My catalogue is out in the car but assume this is the NG900 that sold for IIRC £300. Plus buyers premium of £300 (10% +VAT min £250 + VAT). Tidy bodywork but a replacement rear axle in the back. IMO the NG900 is the worst Saab ever built and the only Saab I have had and not liked. I was not tempted :-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't realise there was a thread on this. I always go up. The beta coupe was lovely, a white R129 went for about 6k I think, again gorgeous looking car. I felt prices are dropping a little compared to the last few years auctions, not by much, but definitely coming down. It's good day out even if your not a buyer, quite a mix of cars of all ages.

Finished it off with a pie in a roll, magic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/11/2023 at 21:20, Saabnut said:

There were some nice cars amongst the grot. In about a week, Morris Leslie will publish the auction results, along with any unsold items that will accept a bid.

The Pre-War Armstrong-Siddeley and Lanchester looked interesting. Pre-War cars are a difficult sell. Be interesting to see if they sold/price. Both look like they came from the same ownership.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lesapandre said:

The Pre-War Armstrong-Siddeley and Lanchester looked interesting. Pre-War cars are a difficult sell. Be interesting to see if they sold/price. Both look like they came from the same ownership.

Different owners. The chap I was there with is friends with the Siddeley owner, he didn't know it was in the auction till he saw it. It's owned by a retired engineer and been his pride and joy for years. I believe he was hoping his grandkids would take over the running/fettling of it but they aren't interested so he has decided to move it on., a bit surprisingly he wasn't at the auction, it wasn't too far off the reserve either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, scooobydont said:

Different owners. The chap I was there with is friends with the Siddeley owner, he didn't know it was in the auction till he saw it. It's owned by a retired engineer and been his pride and joy for years. I believe he was hoping his grandkids would take over the running/fettling of it but they aren't interested so he has decided to move it on., a bit surprisingly he wasn't at the auction, it wasn't too far off the reserve either.

Maybe he did not want to see it under the 'hammer'. Looked lovely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...