Stretched Shite

Yes I agree, however for fear of wakening the demons, I'm sure there was no one who would have taken on that Checker as a project.. Would be like the Forth Bridge!! Imagine the length of garage you's need!! :shock: Shame as I'd love to own one.. :(

What car park? When? What a fantastic motor!!

Great Yarmouth, yonks ago, I hadn't seen one before but I have since heard of another one in East Angia. The other one isn't red but it may even be the same car resprayed.

This one's a bit on the angular side:

Posted Image

Glenfrome were trying to get Nissan's approval, but it wasn't forthcoming due to Type Approval issues (I have some correspondence about it). I haven't yet heard of one for definite, even on the track.

Bad news for Laurel fans I'm afraid...

Posted Image

The car turned up in Lancashire and was actually sent for restoration but I think the owner absconded leaving the car stripped down and dumped at the restorers! The garage understandably wanted rid of it (I imagine it was taking up a lot of room!) and called the local breakers... £200 changed hands and it ended up on the local banger track in february.

On a "stretched shite" note, the mate I share my banger yard with showed up this weekend in a Eagle Quest II - aka Vauxhall Carlton limo. It turned up last week at Milton Keynes auctions in immaculate (and I mean immaculate!) condition, 82k, FSH & full MOT - he got it for £400. A fridge, optic rail & sound system are being installed... :lol: He gets bored of cars easily, so if he shifts it on egay next year rather than race it, I'll post up the link on here if any of you are brave enough for a 20 foot long 8-seater!

Bad news for Laurel fans I'm afraid...

Posted Image

Top find! Shame it's hit the track, but what else would you do with it?

Back of the rear door glass seems subtly different, door frame a bit more upright?

The only one I've vaguely heard of was in the NW, so maybe this was it? Perhaps there's another still lurking out there somewhere?

Checked back to provide an update on the Laurel story...It was knocked down for about £1500 at Preston auctions about 3 years ago - the "enthusiast" bought it then dumped it on the garage and did a runner, then it was driven into the scrappies by the garage staff and left for free before hitting the track - apparently the interior was mouldy and there was a slight bit of grot in the floor but otherwise OK.

Thanks for the update Wilko. One would imagine it had a good chance of survival when sold for £1500, just odd circumstance that it ended up neglected then scrapped, can’t blame the garage people as I’m sure it was taking up more than its fair share of space and there’d be a fairly limited market for something like that. Probably one of the most ungainly ‘proper’ conversions I’ve seen.

I'd put money on the next port of call for that lincoln being the weighbridge.In all fairness, while the C32 limo is unusual and kind of interesting because of it, I wouldn't have wanted to drive around in it. It looked pretty ghastly.

The granada stretch is sitting in a scrap yard but the owner will not sell it. I will check later as to where, the owner has been offered lots of money but will not let it go.

Are you talking about the estate? If so and its the same car what colour is it? I was told there was a dark blue or possible a black one in a yard in East Anglia. Cheers

WONDERFUL!!!! Wonder what it will fetch? can't be worth much with a shagged bear box.

Auction ended, reserve not met. Wonder what will happen to it now?
"if the car remains unsold i will keep car myself and fit diesel espace engine and box to it as i am a long time renault mechanic/enthusiast/dismantler/nutcase myself"