A Renault Safrane plee..

25v6turbo

Can i ask any members to please keep an eye open for a RENAULT SAFRANE RXE V6 for sale anywhere in there local papers etc,i need a spares car and i,am having trouble finding one,and before anyone points the one out on e-bay this car isn,t topped up with the toys i need as spares!,i,ve spotted this but i need one with the stupidly expensive and crap electric self adjuastable suspension,the one thats £450 EACH shock.I know its a bit of a cheek but please keep your eyes open for me,i,am trying my best and getting nowhere fast.

POG it was a mad idea the poxy French had in the 90s!It actually lowers itself over 65 mph to give a more lower dragThe option was some £1500 in 94 and was only fitted to a small amount of cars,now my Safrane is fully loaded with every option that could be ordered,its got all the toys and they all work,but i fear everything might be on borrowed time,being a Renault(yes i know i shouldn,t say this,i work for them)Going through the option lists i appear to have every single option,which makes me wonder if my car was something special when new,a demo or show/press car.I broke up a v6 a few months ago but it was pov spec,no options,my car was £28,000 when new including options and renaultcare warrenty,Bought it from the original owner for £600 and its a stunner,but its mothballed as i fear it will go bang or some strange expensive light will appear on the dash.....It made it to 20k before neededing a new g/box under warrenty,high mileage for a Renault auto.

Brave man indeed!! My XJ12 came with this trick suspension, but I spent £600 replacing it with the normal set-up for fear of a £3k+ bill for repairs. I found the ride improved although it does sit low with 5 up and luggage. I did want to keep it original, but I was warned that at over 50% of the surviving XJ12s and 6^2s will have had the same surgery so finding a donor car would be hard. Even the fine guys at SNG Barratt winced when I asked about prices for the self-levellers. An old boss of mine used to have a Safrane 2.2Vti. New box at 8,000 miles. Another at 30,000. Gorgeous car though.

• 4 weeks later...

ChapsI REALLY need to find a spares car quickly!Can i ask if anyone finds a V6 Safrane for sale or in there local scrapyard can they please contact me,i want to get a few valible spares and i,am having trouble finding such a car,willing to buy a roadworthy example if possible?Cheers

Why is it I'm surrounded by poverty spec versions!There's always that Luuuverly 2 litre around the corner from me mate!It's so gutter spec I doubt if Renault even fitted shocks too it! :D It's got a smashing set of matt black steelies too....Can't you order some in mate and then, well, let them go missing when your van is broken into on the 15th December 2007 at 2.56 in the morning outside your place..... :lol:All the crooks did was smash the drivers window, so not much damage to the work van, and thankfully the left the brand spanking new Clio 197 engine and gearbox in the back.....

Cheers Andy for the leadsI,ve contacted a couple with no luck so far...Its a real pain as when i bought my V6 there where 4 on e-bay!,since then next to none,and nothing to be found elsewhere,its starting to become a personal mission to find a RXE V6 Safrane for sale,the RT version isn,t much use,and even the RXE has to be a fully loaded speec model,latest update on shocks are they are £707 each,and this is madness!!,the price has gone up recently,due to a few demands in France i think??

• 1 month later...

Back in the summer I saw the worlds most horrible Safrane caning it down the A14... about 17 different colours including yellow, red and grey primer. Looked disasterously shite. I'd have snapped it but I was travelling at extreme velocity at the time en route to mallory.

Maybe. I am firmly of the opinion that 98.3% of all persons involved in such "CHAZZA RALLIES" are utter twunts. Seems to be a bunch of loud-mouth, 'whacky' idiots who work in HR attempting to cover a nominal distance in a car that would clearly manage a trip to mars and back without any hassle. I swear if I see one more fur-covered or gaudily painted Volvo 740 or Vauxhall Astra bought for £250 out for the local rag I will go insane and decapitate the driver and their crew of 'fun' associates using solely an old, blunt chisel. FERCHRISSAKES, BE MOAR INTERESTING!Where's the merit in completing the task in a dull-but-worthy main-dealer-trade-in?Use something that is so rusty /decrepit / that even a ten-mile jaunt would be a major heart-stopping ride of terror. At least it would be fun, if only for the rest of us when 4 HR wankers plunge over the side of a ravine to their deaths when their reliant rebel cooks it's brakes on the Stelvio Pass. KNOBZ.

I am firmly of the opinion that 98.3% of all persons involved in such "CHAZZA RALLIES" are utter twunts.

Hoping that I'd fall within the 1.7%. Good point about the dependability of most entrants' cars though. Our ZX romped the H2R '06 run without so much as a blown bulb, even though for some inexplicable reason I had used a random B&Q leather washer to replace the sump bung gasket when changing the oil rather than getting the correct one from Shitroen. Thankfully it held out...I do fancy taking part in another event with a less robust car, the thought of dragging an old Fiesta out of the scrapyard for the purpose is strangely appealing (although so is getting a mk3 Granada that's ended up with a main dealer in a £2000 min part-ex wheeze).

We'd actually intended to take a H-reg Calibra (again a much better car than the £100 limit implied) but it developed brake problems so we cut our losses and Ebayed. A good thing too as something fairly major killed it shortly after the buyer collected.The replacement was to be a F-reg Sunny 1.3, though got snapped up before we could see it but again I suspect it would have been 1000000% dependable.Not sure whether we'd have got away with using a Jersey registered car, a Renner 5 GTX 1700 with leaky cylinder head was offered but the rules stated "must have valid MOT" - which kinda put us off.

Lmao. Everytime I go home to Newcastle ( I live in Essex) its a gauntlet run in whatever shite I'm currently running! Last time was in a Volvo 440 I'd just bought and not properly gotten used to. Brakes were shot by the time I got there so spent some of our honeymoon changing the brake pads. The car was otherwise perfect! I wanted to go up when had the Lada Samara but while dropping the kids off at mother in laws, I managed to pop a driveshaft. That car was sooooo shite. I'll have to see if I can dig some pics out!!

Cheers Welfare,i just can,t understand how e-bay has suddenly dried up since i bought mine in July,at one stage there where 5 on there at the same time(i viewed 2 of them,which were heaps)i think the vaste expensive prices of parts,and the running costs have written most off.