ULEZ Expansion Solution* - Skoda Estelle , Czech it out

wesacosa

If you have read any of my posts on other parts of the forum you may know that that lovely man Sadiq Khan is putting the kabosh on my hobby in August by expanding his fresh clean air Eutopia to my house. I currently own 4 non compliant cars and have been debating what to do about it all

Well in true AS style my answer is to bury my head in the sand and buy another non ULEZ compliant car

Not only that, but a car that's been off the road for a few years, has done less than 1000 miles since 2013

Throw in the fact that whilst I have seen it in person it was a bit of a ten minute glance over it rather than a full inspection, and I haven't driven it due to no MOT. I also haven't seen the paperwork as the seller had COVID when I went to view it. 

Finally, due to some time and logistic constraints I wasn't able to arrange for Ceri to collect so have booked the cheapest Shipley bloke with a Beaver tail Iveco to bring it half the length of the country

WCPGW, folks 😳

14 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

If you have read any of my posts on other parts of the forum you may know that that lovely man Sadiq Khan is putting the kabosh on my hobby in August by expanding his fresh clean air Eutopia to my house. I currently own 4 non compliant cars and have been debating what to do about it all

Well in true AS style my answer is to bury my head in the sand and buy another non ULEZ compliant car

Not only that, but a car that's been off the road for a few years, has done less than 1000 miles since 2013

Throw in the fact that whilst I have seen it in person it was a bit of a ten minute glance over it rather than a full inspection, and I haven't driven it due to no MOT. I also haven't seen the paperwork as the seller had COVID when I went to view it. 

Finally, due to some time and logistic constraints I wasn't able to arrange for Ceri to collect so have booked the cheapest Shipley bloke with a Beaver tail Iveco to bring it half the length of the country

WCPGW, folks 😳

Leg End

well I have just transferred a reasonable sum or money to a bloke I have met once before, 200 miles away, who has loaded the car onto the aforementioned Iveco beavertail where a rather zany sounding Polish gentleman is going to bring it here via the kebab shop apparently. 

Seller was going to do the V5 transfer online but apparently its not recognising the number so he thinks it might be an old V5. currently searching for the new one but may end up having to transfer it the old fashioned way and wait several weeks for those lovely people at the DVLA to bother their arses to do something 

WCPGW 

• wesacosa changed the title to ULEZ Expansion Solution* - Czech it out
3 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

yes indeed.  Welcome to AS to this very late G reg Skoda Estelle 120 5 speed in regal red.  Its was old couple owned from new then off the road for a number of years. Recommissioned in 2013 but has only done about 1000 miles since and off the road since late 2021.  Its all solid straight and original with only 30k on the clock and minimal rust, but the paint has seen better days . Interior is good apart from the rear seat tops

Runs and drives but roughly 

20230512_184013.jpg

20230512_183943.jpg

20230512_183937.jpg

20230512_183929.jpg

20230512_183922.jpg

20230512_182316.jpg

20230512_184031.jpg

received_6114557021927213.jpeg

received_157938340369739.jpeg

did u hand prime the fuel pump?

That is winning! Am absolutely epic purchase. Proper Autoshite right there. 

There was an Estelle parked by the school I work in for years, but the ex wife forbade me from knocking on to try and buy. Sadly by the time I ditched the ex the car had gone… 

2 minutes ago, brownnova said:

That is winning! Am absolutely epic purchase. Proper Autoshite right there. 

There was an Estelle parked by the school I work in for years, but the ex wife forbade me from knocking on to try and buy. Sadly by the time I ditched the ex the car had gone… 

coming from a man with a Yugo 45 with custom squiggly stripes thats high praise indeed !

1 minute ago, brownnova said:

My desire to one day own an Estelle is high! 

I went to the 1988 London motor show with my dad (who had zero interest in cars)..Quite a trip out from Hull on the coach. It was the year the concept XJ220 was launched but I spent longest on the Skoda stand because the people there made a fuss of me, let me sit in all the cars for as long as I liked and gave me brochures and stuff. Always had a soft spot for them since then