A car that no one here has owned or driven?

sdkrc

It was bloody massive - made a P38 Range Rover look like a Terios.  Interior was very '80s Italian luxury car - lots of tan leather all over everything and slices of wood veneer.  Engine and 'box were from an Iveco Turbo Daily so it wasn't a fast vehicle.

On 5/16/2023 at 11:54 PM, wuvvum said:

I did indeed.

PICT0256.jpg.52fec7dbc5196fa04d80598bbaff2f68.jpg

It was this vehicle that made me join this forum. So wanted to buy it when it came up for sale, but the galloping rot put me off.

Did it end up in Germany or somewhere?

On 5/15/2023 at 2:27 AM, GagaStan said:

Honda Fit Aria

JDM  saloon version of the mk1 Honda Jazz. And if anyone else thought it’d be a challenge to create a good looking saloon from a Jazz, you’d be dead right…

A few of them grey imported to NZ, I’m fascinated. Most have beige crushed velour upholstery (drool) and come with the option of a rear wiper (saloon rear wiper, double drool)

IMG_8096.thumb.jpeg.6a224ca75474d686389dce01de226e9a.jpeg

IMG_8097.thumb.jpeg.4590dcc63d10d44b8d79424bc5b2052b.jpeg

IMG_8098.thumb.jpeg.5194d3de9de5bee6db1532c0eb14b58f.jpeg

IMG_8099.thumb.jpeg.cd7c607d7aa4bdd08eca982c1bee1a63.jpeg

My family had one from new. First car I ever driven actually. Fun fact, even ones sold in Japan were made and exported from Thailand. In Japan only old farts bought them along with Toyota Belta. Elsewhere the market demographic were more varied.

No pics but had a Dacia Denem estate on an A suffix  plate in 1990,

Hearing aid beige with DENEM proudly written across both lower o/s and n/s doors.

Thought it was ok for the £300 I paid for it with a full MOT, 

Things seemed simpler then.

Sold it for£250 with 3 days MOT left, wish I hadn't as it ran perfectly and I knew I'd never find another.

5 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Do VW SP2s count as shite, or dubber holy grails?

See also Citi Golf; Gol.

I looked at a VW Fox in the states, which is a relative of the Gol I think but not a PROPER Gol with front-mounted aircooled engine. Definitely affordable shite in US terms.

If an SP2 were affordable it'd count, surely?

Do VW SP2s count as shite, or dubber holy grails?

Pretty sure that they are both! In the ‘80s there was a shite-condition blue one kept on the side of a road near Symonds Yat which gave me both the obscure + the aircool-rules wants every time I saw it.

See also Citi Golf;

A Citi Golf was my daily driver (although owned by a pal).  It was the "dot com" model.  You could only order it online on the fancy new interweb, allegedly.  I've also driven loads of citi golf hire cars.  They're great but they attract hijackers.  They did a really fancy Citi Mk 1 at the end of the run.  You could buy this new in 2009:   

Volkwagen Citi Mk1 Limited Edition (South Africa)

Anyone had a Scimitar SS1?  I was by a Scimitar garage in Kettering yesterday and thought of this thread.