A car that no one here has owned or driven?

sdkrc

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

How about a Vauxhall Monterrey? Badge engineering of course, but fairly rare… 

And I’d be very impressed if anyones driven an Allard Clipper! 
D7C4E27C-CBF7-4860-844E-8F63232776BE.jpeg

I've driven a Vauxhall Monterey. A friend had one as a tow car a few years ago. I drove it quite a lot, actually. Reminded me very much of an Isuzu Trooper but I could never put my finger on why 

5 hours ago, warren t claim said:

Iso Grifo?

Not driven, but I did sit in one in a museum in Las Vegas.  I was slavering over it and realised there was a human in attendance, so I engaged him in conversation, and once I'd convinced him I was a harmless car nut, he let me step over the velvet rope and experience the interior.  Well when am I ever going to see another one?

Anyone driven a SAN Storm? Quite popular in India, and there's a few knocking about over here. This UK registered one was sold on eBay not long ago for a shade over £1600. Not sure how many of these actually made it over in the end, I believe there was a plan for Reliant to import them at one point.

san-storm-1.jpg

13 hours ago, Markeh said:

Have we had a Perodua Kelisa on here? I have vague recollections of a Kenari and possibly even a Nippa, but not a Kelisa.

My wrinkly brain may be playing tricks, but I think @Fennec had a Perodua at some point. @theshadowhas almost certainly picked one up for £13.25 and a half eaten Twix.

2 hours ago, Marina door handles said:

No idea but that is quite appealing to me, I would definitely want a go behind the wheel! 

It has a beetle engine and transmission on the side with one driveshaft going to a rear diff and the other to the speedo. Yours for just £9k

8 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

My wrinkly brain may be playing tricks, but I think @Fennec had a Perodua at some point. @theshadowhas almost certainly picked one up for £13.25 and a half eaten Twix.

Yeah, I had a Kelisa, swapped my kettling R8 saloon for it and then roffled it after I won @loserones 306 cabrio. 

No pics as my phone is newish and no old pics on it

22 hours ago, Markeh said:

Have we had a Perodua Kelisa on here? I have vague recollections of a Kenari and possibly even a Nippa, but not a Kelisa.

18 hours ago, garethj said:

I think @sparky had the Daihatsu equivalent.

🙋 me in addition, a Daihatsu Cuore is one of the work pool cars! Used for collection + delivery. Occasionally a courtesy car if it's the last one left!

19 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Daewoo Tacuma would have been a good contendor but I hold my hands up for one of those.. unless someone else has seriously owned/driven one in Daewoo flavour? :)

I had a Daewoo Tacuma! You can actually see it on Google maps outside my old house.

Screenshot_2023-05-03-18-23-32-81_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.thumb.jpg.06a0d41096cb0600721688a2956a96a9.jpg

I actually loved it. Really good seating position and the Vauxhall 1.6 was sufficient if not particularly quick. Sold it and got a Suzuki Liana! 

15 minutes ago, garethj said:

I have a real soft spot for the 3 door version, I think they’re a sweet little thing!

They are absolutely hilarious to drive, it's a 989cc and you'll easily lose track of your speed in it! 

Ours is a 5 door. The rear seats are next to useless unless it's a child! 

Sadly suffering from valve stem seal failure but it's done well over 100k miles which is fairly high for one! 

It keeps soldiering on brilliantly and takes loads of abuse. With the seats down we can easily stick a set of alloys in the back to send away for refurb, so it's quite useful in terms of practicality. 

You get a nice smoke screen on a cold start, keep the oil topped up and it's fine*

I think everyone needs to experience one :) not many left now, 

25 minutes ago, Fennec said:

I had a Daewoo Tacuma! You can actually see it on Google maps outside my old house.

Screenshot_2023-05-03-18-23-32-81_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.thumb.jpg.06a0d41096cb0600721688a2956a96a9.jpg

I actually loved it. Really good seating position and the Vauxhall 1.6 was sufficient if not particularly quick. Sold it and got a Suzuki Liana! 

Ah cool! Same verdict from me. Somewhat hideous in a typical bargain basement GM way but it was actually a really good car. 

Stupidly expensive to run though for what it was. It would be the £395 tax band now, for a 1.6! Don't think I ever saw much more than 30mpg out of it

Better than the Scenic in terms of reliability, nicer than a Zafira A, but not a patch on the Xsara Picasso in my opinion. 

I managed to kill it by ignoring a coolant leak, topping it up with plain water so it froze up during an unexpected overnight frost and fucked the engine in a pretty glorious* way! 

Oh well, I should have just fixed the leak or at least not been so tight fisted and put some antifreeze in it. I knew the risks, made my bed and lied in it 🤣

Otherwise it was pretty much mechanically sound, it just had a thing for eating O2 sensors. Think I put 3 or 4 decent ones on it during my 4 years of ownership! 

Dollywobbler's had a Nippa, and there was another one on here too - it was a Sepang with MGB seats... not sure why I remember that as it was in about 2016!

But has anyone had a Perodua Myvi?

2 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

But has anyone had a Perodua Myvi?

Look after a few in both Perodua and Daihatsu flavour unfortunately, if that counts! 

I don't know why but there seem to be quite a few about in my area

I've even got a key for one in my toolbox. Don't ask 🤣

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Stupidly expensive to run though for what it was. It would be the £395 tax band now, for a 1.6! 

Got lucky with the Daewoo one as it was registered just before the tax rates went silly.