A car that no one here has owned or driven?

sdkrc

11 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

Those of us who have been here a while will remember legendary tat-botherers RatDat and Nigel Bickle who between them must have a high percentage of even the more obscure suggestions ticked off. 

Anybody manage to own/drive/look at a Seat Ronda back in the day? 

Yes back in the late 2000s some of the stuff that is now almost extinct could easily be had with MOT for about £500. Unfortunately my living arrangements back then did not allow me to have more than one car so I missed out on that era. At least I got to spectate though!

I'm fairly sure someone had a Seat Ronda. Something tells me it was again Mr_Bollox. I think he had also an Isuzu Florian which I seem to remember someone else having an example of too. I can also distantly recall he was having trouble finding a windscreen for it (unsurprisingly).

What about a Citroen Bijou?

11 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

Those of us who have been here a while will remember legendary tat-botherers RatDat and Nigel Bickle who between them must have a high percentage of even the more obscure suggestions ticked off. 

Anybody manage to own/drive/look at a Seat Ronda back in the day? 

I would imagine Mr Bickle could write this entire thread on his own!

My first encounter with a Seat was when I rear-ended a Malaga in 1986, in a 1.8 Marina.

1 hour ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

SMZ ?

1504080409_Screenshot2023-05-0122_06_12.thumb.png.09b5db3cbd1a405a0ad1375e4ce98348.png

23 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

If anybody had it'd be @Sam Glover

well someone in the UK has one, as the one that was for sale on Car and Classic for about 413 years was flogged via bright wells at some point recently https://classiccars.brightwells.com/viewdetails.php?id=10415 (its an invalidka of course I am going to know about it LOL)

but I could rattle off an entire list of "affordable shite" invalid vehicles that no one here has owned or driven, but that would probably get me shouted at...

17 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Yes back in the late 2000s some of the stuff that is now almost extinct could easily be had with MOT for about £500. Unfortunately my living arrangements back then did not allow me to have more than one car so I missed out on that era. At least I got to spectate though!

I'm fairly sure someone had a Seat Ronda. Something tells me it was again Mr_Bollox. I think he had also an Isuzu Florian which I seem to remember someone else having an example of too. I can also distantly recall he was having trouble finding a windscreen for it (unsurprisingly).

What about a Citroen Bijou?

Nigel Bickle also had a rare Isuzu - a Bellel, amongst his considerable collection of every day type cars which have become extremely rare.  A Sao Penza was another one of his wonderfully obscure vehicles.

Not current, but my boss from garage days in the early 1990s loved an obscure motor. He had a Fiat Argenta as his personal motor for a fair time and often sourced oddities for the forecourt. Some examples which stuck with me were a 240k Skyline coupe- the first and last I've ever seen in the metal:

Screenshot_20230502_000137_eBay.thumb.jpg.7152b02aa249ed12714aa5e7d75c2ef0.jpg

A chap who worked there owned a ropey Stellar in that 80s metallic blue. Again, never seen one in the metal since I don't think. 

11435606313_afa9e64441.jpg.2d93301241f9d251c2d295893baeba84.jpg

The biggest surprise was his Renault 18 turbo I drove when he asked me to collect a few bits from the motor factors. I was halfway past a car in a 30 limit when the turbo eventually spooled. As an 18 year old who'd only owned and mainly driven a 1100 mk1 Golf and then a 1100 Morris Minor, I damn near shat myself. 

Renault_18_Turbo_001.thumb.jpg.9b8b091a03d86c268bb4dfe63a635d0e.jpg

21 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

91-7.thumb.jpg.9ba3c1ecae37768e42725a4bfb994d87.jpg

Surely someone on here has/had one of these.  They must be pretty close to extinct in the UK now, you see a StreetKa more often than a mk1 Tigra now.

I was offered one for £500 a good few years ago, I probably should have bitten as it was likely the last opportunity to get one in running order as cheap as that. But I didn't really want it. Hey ho! 🤷

9 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

My cunning plan sort of worked to get people to post up pictures of my favourite cars, or at least to let me know some of you own them :)

Mr_Bollox had an Argenta.

What about a VW Type 3 Karmann Ghia?

A Leyland EA?

A Commer Walk-Thru

A Renault 15.

My mum had a Type 3 Razoredge and I've been on at my dad to did the pictures out because I used to use a shot of the front of it for zone exposures in the darkroom

2 hours ago, DVee8 said:

How about a Gilbern Invader, does anyone have one or had one?

1972 Gilbern Invader Mk3 - YouTube

Had, no, borrowed to consider buying, yes - but the estate model.

Wasn't really affordable shite even in 1999, like, £5-6K ish – seller also had a Nash Metropolitan.

7 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

So did I , a T reg , looked great , drove great , rusted out at 8 years old

Me too, mine was ten years old. I gave it to my dad when he lost his company car. Long story short, the car ended up in a car pound somewhere near Portsmouth as he was caught drink driving there. 

7 hours ago, vulgalour said:

91-7.thumb.jpg.9ba3c1ecae37768e42725a4bfb994d87.jpg

Surely someone on here has/had one of these.  They must be pretty close to extinct in the UK now, you see a StreetKa more often than a mk1 Tigra now.

I remember being a passenger, mum driving, when we hit the back of one of these and wrote off our Corsa. The Tigra actually didn’t look too badly damaged. Would have been 2005 I think.

(there were extenuating circumstances that caused the incident, and nobody was hurt)

10 hours ago, Bren said:

Anybody owned a viceroy?

Only those, and for less than a day each: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viceroy_(cigarette)

But I'm sure those don't count. And to cut them off the list, I'm proud to announce that I have driven not one but two Dacia Sport, and a Wartburg 311 Limousine.

3 hours ago, DVee8 said:

How about a Gilbern Invader, does anyone have one or had one?

1972 Gilbern Invader Mk3 - YouTube

Not me personally but family have had 3. 2 invader mk2s when I was little then a mk3 when I was in my teens. Mk2 in teal blue was our second car after a mk2 vitesse.