Holy Base Sierra Preservation donations

Dave_Q

7 hours ago, greengartside said:

Spotted on facearse marketplop. Drivers door in Cardinal Red at Attleborough in Norfolk.

EDIT: I think it also comes with a DANGLY MIRROR TOO.

IMG_4475.thumb.jpeg.21f15ec2ee0464551ab366b887c490a7.jpeg
IMG_4476.thumb.jpeg.359649e5ae6a75de58549ea9bfca0d34.jpeg

This looks ideal, is there anyone who can collect and store this with the intention of organising a shitely to Lincolnshire?

Small point on replacement fuel tanks.  I fitted one to a Sierra a few years back.  It went staggeringly rusty in a very short period, such that the fuel in it was full of rusty particles.  I think the problem was that the pattern tank wasn't treated at all inside.  Just bare steel.

When I replaced it - again - I used a tank sealant.  The sealants get some criticism for becoming like a loose bladder, but I reckon with a really clean new tank, they should work well.  Seemed a bit odd to be sealing a tank that didn't need it, but I am sure that it was the right thing to do.

I still have a few Sierra bits, including a junk box of fixings, so if you find you need any by all means ask.  

20 hours ago, greengartside said:

Spotted on facearse marketplop. Drivers door in Cardinal Red at Attleborough in Norfolk.

EDIT: I think it also comes with a DANGLY MIRROR TOO.

IMG_4475.thumb.jpeg.21f15ec2ee0464551ab366b887c490a7.jpeg
IMG_4476.thumb.jpeg.359649e5ae6a75de58549ea9bfca0d34.jpeg

I can also help if @Crusty Sills/ @greengartsidefalls through 👍

Anything Norfolkish/south lincolnshire/north Suffolk is fine to assist with

I've made an executive decision and have bought the drivers door. It will save a lot of work not having to faff about removing an electric motor and swapping in the (likely quite tired and rusty) manual regulator from the original door. The replacement door looks like it hasn't seen as much weather as the original so it's probably got a nice smooth reg in it. 

Crusty Sills is kindly collecting it on Wednesday. I need to BACS him the £55.

On 4/22/2023 at 6:27 PM, rwd said:

Obviously its another one of these internet things 

Tried to stay out of the original arguments here, but it is exactly this, yes. A forum is an 'internet thing', it's a community, it's not a market. The sale section is a small part of a much larger thing, and it's nothing like autotrader/facebook/gumtree/etc, not least because it's private, not public.

Anyway enough of all that, I've put a fiver in the kitty too, best of luck with the works everyone

If I’ve understood this, it’s going to live with @Angrydicky, right? Can I ask where in the world that would be? Is the car a runner? I have no time and no money but would be happy (if we could make it work) to get some decent pics and write a story on this shite survivor and if it gets published and I get paid I’d be happy to put whatever I make into the communal pot.

Thanks man.

Richard is taking it on for the time being to address the issues and buy me some time. I’ll take it back later in the year I reckon when I’ve got my ducks in a row. I moved house last year but was able to store it where I previously lived, but that’s no longer the case. 

Dicky knows the car as was the one who pulled it apart and got it through the test back in 2016 - and was one of the initial ‘inFamous Five’ who initially purchased it. 

1 hour ago, motorpunk said:

If I’ve understood this, it’s going to live with @Angrydicky, right? Can I ask where in the world that would be? Is the car a runner? I have no time and no money but would be happy (if we could make it work) to get some decent pics and a write story on this shite survivor and if it gets published and I get paid I’d be happy to put whatever I make into the communal pot.

Not sure where you're based but I'm in Lincolnshire, between Boston and Horncastle. Happy to assist if I can.

18 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Thanks man.

Richard is taking it on for the time being to address the issues and buy me some time. I’ll take it back later in the year I reckon when I’ve got my ducks in a row. I moved house last year but was able to store it where I previously lived, but that’s no longer the case. 

Dicky knows the car as was the one who pulled it apart and got it through the test back in 2016 - and was one of the initial ‘inFamous Five’ who initially purchased it. 

There's no rush Dan. It'll be safe here with lots of other old shite for company. Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel again, it's a lovely old car this one, full of character, and drives very well too.

I remember the clutch was slipping, then it seemed to stop, so maybe it was getting some oil on the linings that burnt off with use.

4 minutes ago, Angrydicky said:

There's no rush Dan. It'll be safe here with lots of other old shite for company. Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel again, it's a lovely old car this one, full of character, and drives very well too.

I remember the clutch was slipping, then it seemed to stop, so maybe it was getting some oil on the linings that burnt off with use.

We did the clutch last year. It’s nearly perfect apart from the (brittle, 80s OEM plastic) adjuster snapped. So it’s bodged atm (but brilliantly). 

Very good! I did Porlock Hill in it on the old clutch! It didn't slip at all.

Almost like it was oily, and needed a bit of use to burn it off.  The new clutch was well worth doing though, as we had one. It probably feels lighter now as well. Heaven knows how long the old one had been in there.

On 4/22/2023 at 6:21 PM, rwd said:

A sales ad is a sales ad  Seller wants to sell buyer wants to buy its that simple doesnt make any difference if its a forum , gumtree , ebay etc

I know we've moved on from this, but reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy wanted to meme comment this: