Holy Base Sierra Preservation donations

Dave_Q

8 minutes ago, rwd said:

Thats perfectly fine by me.  Ill keep my shed full of new and used parts for another one. Good luck with the rebuild 

Ffs dude. All you had to do is give me 48 hours and a little empathy. That’s it. Nothing more. Not a king’s ransom. 

Thanks for your interest: who knows what might have happened if you’d been decent ?

31 minutes ago, rwd said:

Thats perfectly fine by me.  Ill keep my shed full of new and used parts for another one. Good luck with the rebuild 

"Shed full of new and used parts" 

Is that a box of Fram oil filters you bought for 28 pence each from the factors on clearance in 1998? 

A set of dry rotted porous Dunlop black circles from 1981 on the wrong PCD wheels? 

An air filter you took out of one that was only changed 5k miles prior so you kept it as a spare 25 years ago? 

A bottom arm that's bent but just needs straightening m9? 

42 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

"Shed full of new and used parts" 

Is that a box of Fram oil filters you bought for 28 pence each from the factors on clearance in 1998? 

A set of dry rotted porous Dunlop black circles from 1981 on the wrong PCD wheels? 

An air filter you took out of one that was only changed 5k miles prior so you kept it as a spare 25 years ago? 

A bottom arm that's bent but just needs straightening m9? 

Could well be. 

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Ffs dude. All you had to do is give me 48 hours and a little empathy. That’s it. Nothing more. Not a king’s ransom. 

Thanks for your interest: who knows what might have happened if you’d been decent ?

Looks like I done you a favour mate.  Your now getting a free resto.  Good luck with it.  

Just now, rwd said:

Could well be. 

It's nice to see you checking in on the thread, because you just can't let go of what you could have bagged with a bit of patience. Continuously throwing your toys out of the pram: 

1 hour ago, rwd said:

Ill keep my shed full of new and used parts for another one.

... isn't going to help. 

1 minute ago, RoverFolkUs said:

It's nice to see you checking in on the thread, because you just can't let go of what you could have bagged with a bit of patience. Continuously throwing your toys out of the pram: 

... isn't going to help. 

I keep checking because I find it amusing how none of you can drop it. 

3 minutes ago, rwd said:

It's not that, people are actively finding a solution and a member has very kindly set up a fundraiser, as requested by a few people, to help facilitate the owner to keep the car. It's been going on here for years, group buys, or fundraisers, aren't new. 

There's a difference between wanting to sell something and being forced to sell a car on the grounds of circumstances. Which you clearly cannot grasp. 

Anyway, there's no point discussing it further because it's a complete waste of time trying to reason with someone who just doesn't understand that a forum is different to Gumtree.

6 minutes ago, rwd said:

Tbf If I was the would be seller you would have had the option to be the owner.

I don't expect any backing, but there was an offer that was not accepted. I'd have taken it. 

They are all just an car to me.

4 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

It's not that, people are actively finding a solution and a member has very kindly set up a fundraiser, as requested by a few people, to help facilitate the owner to keep the car. It's been going on here for years, group buys, or fundraisers, aren't new. 

There's a difference between wanting to sell something and being forced to sell a car on the grounds of circumstances. Which you clearly cannot grasp. 

Anyway, there's no point discussing it further because it's a complete waste of time trying to reason with someone who just doesn't understand that a forum is different to Gumtree.

A sales ad is a sales ad  Seller wants to sell buyer wants to buy its that simple doesnt make any difference if its a forum , gumtree , ebay etc.  I had the money he had the car cant see a problem there are so many messers when it comes to buying stuff now its unbelievable.   At least i suppose we can agree that car is still going to stay on the road for a lot longer.

Just now, rwd said:

A sales ad is a sales ad  Seller wants to sell buyer wants to buy its that simple doesnt make any difference if its a forum , gumtree , ebay etc.  I had the money he had the car cant see a problem there are so many messers when it comes to buying stuff now its unbelievable.   At least i suppose we can agree that car is still going to stay on the road for a lot longer.

You just don't get it do you 🤣

7 minutes ago, Mally said:

Tbf If I was the would be seller you would have had the option to be the owner.

I don't expect any backing, but there was an offer that was not accepted. I'd have taken it. 

They are all just an car to me.

He did have the option. He knew where the car was, had the option to view it at any time, but couldn’t wait until I was next with the car for photos because - weirdly - it wasn’t cheap enough for him to buy it blind. His choice, not mine. 

If you’re honest, Mal, you just want to stick the boot in on me. It’s nothing to do with the transaction and everything to do with the fact I’m the owner. 

It’s all good. Water off a duck’s back. 

2 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

You just don't get it do you 🤣

No I dont.    Ive been buying selling cars bikes etc for 40+ years and never come across anything like this. Always been see the ad pay the money job done.  Obviously its another one of these internet things 

1 minute ago, rwd said:

No I dont.    Ive been buying selling cars bikes etc for 40+ years and never come across anything like this. Always been see the ad pay the money job done.  Obviously its another one of these internet things 

Why didn’t you buy it then? Genuinely? You knew where the car was for a quotation. You saw the same photos that other members had (which resulted in two other offers)

I’m not cross, or angry - just genuinely confused. I’ve bought plenty of old heaps blind. Especially when they’ve been well priced like this. 

3 minutes ago, rwd said:

It wasn't that straightforward, it wasn't a case of see the ad pay the money buy the car because you were asking for things the seller didn't IMMEDIATELY have to hand... And that's where the problem lies, you were continuously pestering for photos the seller didn't have to hand so couldn't send them straight away at your demand 

ANYWAY .. 

image.png.4c10019a3fdc625b1979fbdfbcdcb13c.png

1 minute ago, BorniteIdentity said:

He did have the option. He knew where the car was, had the option to view it at any time, but couldn’t wait until I was next with the car for photos because - weirdly - it wasn’t cheap enough for him to buy it blind. His choice, not mine. 

If you’re honest, Mal, you just want to stick the boot in on me. It’s nothing to do with the transaction and everything to do with the fact I’m the owner. 

It’s all good. Water off a duck’s back. 

I had no idea where the car was You wouldnt give me the postcode  You did give me any options to buy it Why the hell would I buy a Sierra blind ? 

If you’d wanted to pay the money you’d have had my bank details for a deposit within moments. Weird how that wasn’t forthcoming huh? 

Maybe what another member PM’d me actually is true. You are a messer, you do give up easily and everything’s always someone else’s fault. 

Honestly dude. I get it. But you shouldn’t be cross at me or the forum, only yourself. A great opportunity was right there… and instead of asking for a picture of the engine bay you should have been asking for bank info. 

1 minute ago, rwd said:

I had no idea where the car was You wouldnt give me the postcode  You did give me any options to buy it Why the hell would I buy a Sierra blind ? 

I told you where it was, love. If you’re not bright enough to use a St Neots postcode for a transport quote I really do wonder how you get through the day. 

I’ve learnt not to waste my time on the hard of thinking, so I’ll wish you every success henceforth and leave you to shout angrily at a wall. 

3 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I've had the odd run in over the years, as have others, but bear no animosity to any member.

Anyone on here have reason to think I'm not honest, Lets have a list.

1. Bornite

3 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Why didn’t you buy it then? Genuinely? You knew where the car was for a quotation. You saw the same photos that other members had (which resulted in two other offers)

I’m not cross, or angry - just genuinely confused. I’ve bought plenty of old heaps blind. Especially when they’ve been well priced like this. 

You gave me no option to buy it I asked for the postcode which you wouldnt give me  If youve had 2 offers why isnt it sold ?

4 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

If you’d wanted to pay the money you’d have had my bank details for a deposit within moments. Weird how that wasn’t forthcoming huh? 

Maybe what another member PM’d me actually is true. You are a messer, you do give up easily and everything’s always someone else’s fault. 

Honestly dude. I get it. But you shouldn’t be cross at me or the forum, only yourself. A great opportunity was right there… and instead of asking for a picture of the engine bay you should have been asking for bank info. 

Be very interested to know where that bullshit come from  Maybe what another member PM’d me actually is true. You are a messer, you do give up easily and everything’s always someone else’s fault.

4 hours ago, Mally said:

I've had the odd run in over the years, as have others, but bear no animosity to any member.

Anyone on here have reason to think I'm not honest, Lets have a list.

1. Bornite

This was a bit tongue in cheek and I totally expected you bastards to have filled this up and roffled it by now.

I have only the best thoughts for Bornite, regardless of how he considers me.

I've had enough shit in my own life time.

Anyway handbags aside, somehow you wonderful set of bastards have made this £465 as of now. 

I will leave this running till next Sunday 30th April then close the gofundme and send to Bornite or Dicky as required, so they know what they have to work with and it doesn't drag on with no end date. 

Thanks.