Holy Base Sierra Preservation donations

Dave_Q

Hi all, 

There can't be many of you that don't know this car. 

Per the recent sale thread:

@BorniteIdentity was considering having to sell the car but this plan has changed and @Angrydicky will be taking it in for a while for some TLC.

A few people expressed an interest in donating, so I have set up a gofundme page for this here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/that-ford-sierra-repair-fund

I have confirmed with Bornite he is OK with this occurring.

I am using gofundme to offer some transparency and hopefully avoid a repeat of Renault20tyregate.
Having said that, while the donations will be used for preservation of the car please understand that you are donating of your own free will and you don't get a say in what it should be spent on or when. You do however get a warm fuzzy feeling that you have contributed in some way to the ongoing existence of this piece of living history.

Cheers shitters.

Thanks for setting this up Dave.

I'll make a list of parts required once I've had a proper look over it. Other shiters should vouch for me being a trustworthy sort who isn't just going to disappear with the money. I'm not the sort of person who would normally ask for donations at all to be honest!

I think an exhaust will be required quite imminently, and probably a pair of sills. 

If anyone has any Mk1 Sierra parts lying around and would like to donate them to the cause, instead of money, they will be gratefully received!

• Mrs6C pinned this topic

I stripped some parts out of a mk2 GL some years ago, they’ve been gathering dust in my garage ever since. Switches etc. Doubt there would be much suitable for the mk1 base but happy to have a rake through the box if there’s something in particular that’s proving hard to find. 

Just to reiterate my gratitude. Thank you so much. 

I will hope to get the Sierra to Richard in the next couple of weeks. Initially sills need to be bought and fitted - I’ve got the rear section of the exhaust already. A new fuel tank will be inevitable in the next 5 years or so, so if there’s money in the pot it’d be a wise purchase.

Again, thank you all. 

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Just to reiterate my gratitude. Thank you so much. 

I will hope to get the Sierra to Richard in the next couple of weeks. Initially sills need to be bought and fitted - I’ve got the rear section of the exhaust already. A new fuel tank will be inevitable in the next 5 years or so, so if there’s money in the pot it’d be a wise purchase.

Again, thank you all. 

I've been looking at the parts situation. Sills £55 ea with free delivery, cheapest petrol tank I can find is £105 all in. It'll probably want new straps and pipes too but they're cheap enough.

Due to the extraordinary generosity of members here, we have enough in the kitty already to buy both, as well as the remaining sections of exhaust to make up a full new system.

24 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

image.thumb.png.833d89d035b2853a36243ad9edd2e74b.png

I do have questions, Helen, mostly around whether you have in any way read what I am fundraising for, and exactly which media outlets you feel might run this?

So there's a group of people in their office having their heart strings tugged over one of the most undesirable-to-ordinary-folk vehicles out there? Good to know 😆

In light of that email I'm now fully expecting adverts to start appearing on the telly as follows: "For just £2 a month you can make a difference by making a contribution to provide everything this Sierra needs to prevent any undue suffering" 

Polish_20230421_221827637.thumb.jpg.68eb009df6137a09179b56ca4715facb.jpg

4 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

So there's a group of people in their office having their heart strings tugged over one of the most undesirable-to-ordinary-folk vehicles out there? Good to know 😆

In light of that email I'm now fully expecting adverts to start appearing on the telly as follows: "For just £2 a month you can make a difference by making a contribution to provide everything this Sierra needs to prevent any undue suffering" 

Polish_20230421_221827637.thumb.jpg.68eb009df6137a09179b56ca4715facb.jpg

Ooh, how could I forget: 

Polish_20230421_222505504.thumb.jpg.9dc36faccc65abe713e1514b0cb976f0.jpg

11 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

What about the undue suffering of the driver?

7 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I’ve nothing to offer apart from one of those round bumper clips that went through bottom of wing that were usually resolved with a wood screw hidden under the trim. Think I might have a bumper number plate lamp. All the Sierra stuff I had was long long gone! 

RIP your username. I guess "mostly Mondeo or Focus depending whats cheap man" doesn't have the same ring to it.

13 hours ago, Dan302 said:

Donated, sorry it's only a fiver but wanted to help out, I bloody love that Sierra!

Absolutely nobody needs to apologize for how much they did donate, this is 100% voluntary and everything is very much appreciated.

Regardless of the amount, everyone gets to feel like a slightly deranged kind of Shite Hero for chipping in, and nothing else.