BMW 850i - MOT attempt tomorrow

GregZX

After a weekend of tinkering with my neighbours 850i it goes for its MOT tomorrow for the first time in 3 years.  Electrical gremlins have plagued this car since a rodent infestation but we managed to get all the critical ones sorted except the wiper motor which is in the post. 

Anyway, here’s a pez shot of the  beast in all its glory on a (illegal, sorry not sorry) shakedown run tonight to cure a misfire. 

9CA0AEC7-F365-40AF-9593-E3D4B541460C.jpeg

05BAA079-D25B-4E11-8F41-4F093BEE2D74.jpeg

9B4CE7CF-6010-431F-AB93-C1BEF8C87425.jpeg

2 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Love the E31, I'd avoid the V12 like the pest though if I want to retain my sanity though. Hopefully the test will go smoothly, every single one of these deserves the attention they need at this point.

Luckily it’s not my hand that will be going to my wallet constantly. The owner is mad right enough, but in a good way.  I had to persuade him to stop using BMW for repairs and servicing for example and try to do stuff himself. 

He’s going to daily it during the summer despite the 13 mpg combined.  

Anyway, no news yet on the MOT.  

18 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

No. 

that’s one proper fuck ugly car. 

nice 850i, plus a massive engine. What power would these have been? 

I was never a fan  of them,  then when people said that if you look at it's back end all you can see is a 911 backside coming out of .. kinda finished it

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/nzvr67m/

If somone else was paying for it I don't  mind 840 or 850 😁 but I baulk at the  maintenance  costs.

14 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

The lack of an MOT attempt instills fear in my mind that perhaps the auxiliary belt shit itself on the way there and this was deemed to be as difficult as herding cats to put right for @GregZX 😉🤣

I've been told there's "numerous" issues to be addressed before a successful MOT can be achieved....us fixing the front passenger seat, seatbelt, bonnet struts and curing the misfire merely scratched the surface.🤣