Collection mission is go

Rustybullethole

12 minutes ago, motorpunk said:

Megane Scenic - all four brakes binding, remains of dozens of McDonalds Happy Meals stuffed into every crevice, drivers door has a gap from where it's been jemmied open when the owner lost the keys, logbook in the post, sellers "just needs" list requires two million euros' worth of parts

No?

That's @beko1987

Man, if I was in charge I would do a law that there must be a big standard greasy spoon caff which serves standard bacon based fare at an acceptable price/grease ratio within 100m of all train and/or bus stations. Signage should be prominent to help hungry out of towners.

I decided this on a collection mission when stopping at Peterborough at breakfast time, walking a good 5-10 mins and finding the only breakfast option was McRonalds. Poor show Peterborough but I doubt most other places are much better.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

Man, if I was in charge I would do a law that there must be a big standard greasy spoon caff which serves standard bacon based fare at an acceptable price/grease ratio within 100m of all train and/or bus stations. Signage should be prominent to help hungry out of towners.

I decided this on a collection mission when stopping at Peterborough at breakfast time, walking a good 5-10 mins and finding the only breakfast option was McRonalds. Poor show Peterborough but I doubt most other places are much better.

£9 in the South East tho - bargain surely?

p.s come to Aberystwyth - the original ticket office is a Wetherspoons - six feet from the one (and only) platform. Not great cuisine but it's there....

12 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

£9 in the South East tho - bargain surely?

p.s come to Aberystwyth - the original ticket office is a Wetherspoons - six feet from the one (and only) platform. Not great cuisine but it's there....

Price is relative but the fact that a toastie from Starbucks was the only sustenance available is a damning inditement of the priorities of society on ready procurement of bacon cobs and related breakfast foods.

1 hour ago, Dave_Q said:

This has potential. Giant chain restaurant, it buys up all the closed high street shops. Think 'National Health Service' but for food.

All pedestrian and road signage to be updated to include every location. 

Prices are subsidised by a public rebate from dodgy PPE. A bacon, egg and sausage bap is £2.50. Full giant English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish breakfast is £5.50.

There's no wanky hot drinks, just a boiling water dispenser and some complimentary Nescafé or PG tips; help yourself.

At lunchtime it turns into a sandwich place like Subway but without the queues. There's only one choice of crisps, Ready Salted, but they're sold in 100g packets.

There's no plastic waste and everything is served on re-usable prison-style plastic trays.

All grand guesses and also makes me feel I’ve lucked out with the new stead. A mere wipper snapper at 115k young and drives like it’s been looked after. Many thanks to @ruffgeezer for the pick up from station tea and chat and taking the time to give it a coat of looking at by their trained eye and lastly for patience with the fuckabout due to online banking app being down. Pleasure to meet you A+ would recommend.

Don’t hold me accountable if you are in a public place and get a raging boner which you feel to hide from the world in embarrassment or deal with in a handy fashion quick smart and ladies please be aware you may get injured sliding off your seats.

Behold the magnificence. The power and the glory. 
3CD1D924-3C2E-437B-AEB2-84958A105CE5.thumb.jpeg.320ac921de237ef3bc9acbcb3bb17f82.jpeg

33 minutes ago, ruffgeezer said:

Because of all the windows?

Every one a different flavour.

461DC663-93E0-47A2-9EE7-CE78F1C44B71.thumb.jpeg.5eee8b553abcaa138e4b9a9b49b20a2d.jpeg

can see my flat from here. First impressions. I like it. Comfy will sit at 80 if a little buzzy ain’t used a load of fuel it’s a car it’s a van it’s the vehicle for every man. 
Tatty on the outside though right where it matters. I find the steering pulse quite sexual too. I think I may be smitten. 

Liked ours ('57 diesel so 'non' LZ) - seat killed me unless I tucked something under my right thigh (like a rolled up T shirt before the eyebrows start raising). Never sure about the 'floor lockers' under the feet of the rear passengers but, otherwise, cracking car/van and did what I needed for several years.
https://www.berlingoforum.com/ - very helpful