Daft MOT advisories..

RoverFolkUs

8 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Is that for a car or HGV? Still needs the V5 number for a car as far as I can see?

Yup - cars you get nothing without a V5. HGV you get the VTS identity.
I'm not sure what changed overnight but this morning mine now shows the full address for the HGV Plating site but the mileage is no longer showing - yesterday it was mileage and just the first line of the test centre address?
image.png.1a23feaa0cb6ff3d66018852670595be.png image.png.be7d27120dc441aecbd922c03876c318.png

On 3/17/2023 at 2:00 PM, Bren said:

Many moons ago when I had a mk 2 cav it was advised to grease pipes to prevent corrosion unless they had been replaced with kunifer.

Our friendly MOT place has advised us to grease the unions with the flexi pipes before - to stop them seizing solid 

Putting my materials engineer hat on for a moment, 'normal' grease will soften the EPDM rubber usually used on brake hoses, so I'd try and avoid getting grease on the rubber (although in all likelihood, a small amount of grease is probably going to make no measurable difference to the lifespan). The red rubber grease (being vegetable based) will be fine though.

On 3/18/2023 at 8:36 AM, EyesWeldedShut said:

Yup - cars you get nothing without a V5. HGV you get the VTS identity.
I'm not sure what changed overnight but this morning mine now shows the full address for the HGV Plating site but the mileage is no longer showing - yesterday it was mileage and just the first line of the test centre address?
image.png.1a23feaa0cb6ff3d66018852670595be.png image.png.be7d27120dc441aecbd922c03876c318.png

For a brief spell before gdpr, car garage MOT centre  name and address could be seen. It’s now I knew one I sold years ago was still knocking about…. and what the clown I sold it do had done to it. (Sold car for £500 insurance £1500 scaffolders eh? )