Favourite comforts/gizmos in a car?

Soundwave

5 hours ago, Muniphobia said:

One thing I found with adaptive cruise is people who overtake you and pull in front of you too soon make it think it's too close and it brakes to compensate.  I know you can set the distance on VW's and I suspect they use the same system on Audi's but instead of setting the distance in feet the gap is between the car in front with Audi I expect it works in inches

You can adjust it to suit without cancelling it.

Boring Citroen fan alert, but my favourite feature has always been the self levelling of the ride height and automatic boosting of the rear brakes on LHM only Citroens. Mine is always full of PA and instruments or wood for burning. I never get bored of feeling it rise before a journey.

Also auto wipers. I didn't realise how much I miss them in CLK. The Xantias just get on with it and seem to wipe whenever I would myself. The CLK has a single wiper, which never fails to make me smile because saddo.

I agree re self levelling suspension on Citroens, it’s at the point now where I’m so used to it I’m almost surprised when I remember that not every car has it

hydropneumatic suspension in general, LHM and LDS systems are fantastic, the reliability of the C5 system it staggering in my eyes it just gets on with it

heres another, Xenon headlights, fantastic, I’ve been super impressed with mine

For me heated seats, brilliant over the last few months, brilliant in the summer as I can put it on in the middle of a heat wave and burn the oversized arse of my 6ft 5, 20 stone son who let's out a "you bastard " cry when he realises what I've done.

For the Wife an automatic gearbox as she can't do hill starts after 20 years of practice, has burnt out more clutches than I can remember so she can't roll backwards in this car and has no need of putting her foot flat to the floor while hardly moving in a forwards direction perspiring and hyper ventilating.