INCOMING

cms206

Just now, wuvvum said:

Never driven a 4-pot diesel Volvo before.  I'm assuming it's a bit* slower than Fowler's?

It's not as slow as I expected to be honest but I wouldn't want to try the 1.6D in a V70.

Pulls well through the gears, seems to be mega on fuel too. Absolutely unstressed on the 200-odd mile journey home.

7 minutes ago, cms206 said:

It's not as slow as I expected to be honest but I wouldn't want to try the 1.6D in a V70.

Pulls well through the gears, seems to be mega on fuel too. Absolutely unstressed on the 200-odd mile journey home.

I suggest that it would feel like Impulse Drive compared to @davidfowler2000's WARP SPEED 

11 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Yeah, DW10 based, same as a Mondeo, Focus, S-Max, Galaxy, other Peugeot ailments applicable such as 308, 508 etc

Ah, so this is a way to get this engine without presenting Mrs286 with a Peugeot 🤔

I've barely seen this sodding thing in daylight; go to work in the dark, come home in the dark...

Only updates to note are it's booked in for a cambelt change (no record, though the rest of the sizable history file suggests it has been done) and it's now lost it's private plate.

Reverse is occasionally a bit of an arse to engage, but on my mixed commute it's sitting at 49.5mpg on the computer. I'll take that.

Big brother seems to approve also...

20230308_130835.jpg

20230308_140511.jpg

20230308_200213.jpg

20230308_200422.jpg