INCOMING

cms206

Just now, grogee said:

God only knows why there isn't a Volvo factory in Scotland. It would save a whole lot of bothersome delivery costs. 

We like Volvo's, we don't like the idea of actually having to make them though. Not when there are parks to be sat in, and Buckie to drink...

@cms206those look awffa fancy for 740 keys...

I've done had a clear out recently; things have been... a bit shite. My fleet size has been halved, for various reasons, while the daily XC90 grenaded on January 3rd leaving me without transport.

I bullied my former apprentice into loaning me one of his fleet (a BMW 120D); when it sold, work provided me with a 1.3 diesel Corsavan. I had said I'd use the train but I couldn't start before 7am but that was fucked right out the window and they insisted.

The search started. I viewed some truely horrific specimens, from an 04 Zafira which died spectacularly on the test drive to an 07 Passat with no wheelarches, via a very tidy Mazda 6 which turned out to have no floor.

An appeal on facebook yielded a few likely candidates more or less in my meagre budget and I was set to go today to collect an 11-plate Seat Exeo estate.

That, alas, did not pan out. The deal collapsed yesterday. Panic set in... I've been without a car for eight weeks. I really need to get something. Anything.

A chance encounter turned up something that fitted the bit. The owner was willing to do a deal in budget.

The car however, was in Elgin.

So I went to Elgin, handed over more money than I've ever spent on a car in my life, and brought home the newcomer for judgement...

20230228_232817.jpg