Autoshite Southern Meet Up Flower Farm Sunday 26 March 2023

inconsistant

Back home safe, what a super little meet and a nice venue, very good bacon.  Great to meet people, put names to faces, and then promptly struggle to remember any of them!  Sorry for not stopping any longer, this is the first social event I've done since before the pandemic so I was out of social batteries pretty quickly.  I'm sorting through the video I very hastily took and will be chucking that and/or some photos up soon.

I obviously was too busy gabbing and took zero photos..... Apologies. 

Great to meet you all and as above, forget your names immediately.... 

@Hogie - 4x4 place is Stubbers Adventure Centre.... Just north of the Dartford crossing.

Sitting waiting for confirmation if I need to go back and play towtruck.....  Hopefully the Panda makes it home soon. 

7 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

The flatbed of shame. 

20230326_155900.jpg

FFS, no luck with the search for the old cap then?

Some cars are ungrateful bastards.

Yeah, great to see everyone, Team Fat n Blind had fun. I didn't take any photos, because I brought the phone with the broken lens (Doh) so everything would have been POTATO.

Really impressed with @Leyland Worldmaster's Audi, it's the first time I've actually had a decent look at one, and it's a proper thing, Tardis-like inside, and the little saucy flap thing at the front is ingenious. 

Here's to the next one!

8 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

FFS, no luck with the search for the old cap then?

Some cars are ungrateful bastards.

Yeah, great to see everyone, Team Fat n Blind had fun. I didn't take any photos, because I brought the phone with the broken lens (Doh) so everything would have been POTATO.

Really impressed with @Leyland Worldmaster's Audi, it's the first time I've actually had a decent look at one, and it's a proper thing, Tardis-like inside, and the little saucy flap thing at the front is ingenious. 

Here's to the next one!

Everyone likes saucy little flaps.

For those that prefer static shots, here you go.   I can't remember who came in what for everything, so you'll have to shout up if it was you or I got it wrong.

These always look better without the spoiler and the wheels were bob on.

MVI_2740_Moment.thumb.jpg.3fc35399615d2d18b5cb4d6ab721853a.jpg

The Mercedes of @Six-cylinder I think?

MVI_2740_Moment2.thumb.jpg.a0e87d79f9d9d0ebd229021cbe68a986.jpg

Next to which is the lovely faded Saab of @Vantman

MVI_2740_Moment3.thumb.jpg.f7632a6af754c36479d0e3fee4cc516b.jpg

Some saucy flap action from @Leyland Worldmaster's A2.  I learned the bonnets pop off these today, which was a surprise.

MVI_2740_Moment4.thumb.jpg.34374660a1dc1cfba7e54e01fdad8e2c.jpg

Another Saab, very nice.

MVI_2740_Moment5.thumb.jpg.641f4c30f2db9b502e6d71c2c5632b4c.jpg

The Panda of @wesacosa which was also lovely and quite a lot smaller than I remember Pandas being.

MVI_2740_Moment6.thumb.jpg.d44c4a68a531b1da6b0865b8745b4187.jpg

An Scottish Car, piloted by the surprisingly different in person @Fumbler 

MVI_2740_Moment7.thumb.jpg.f9b9cf4d22f6260b0ec10c35fad05537.jpg

This glorious Citroen which Pat and I were really quite smitten by.  I've forgotten who it was that was in this, can remember the face but not the name.

MVI_2740_Moment8.thumb.jpg.9f04c0718ab7accd1bf489fbcf36cc94.jpg

Subr in proper condition.

MVI_2740_Moment9.thumb.jpg.d42cc161e3a46078c789b3bc4e0055c6.jpg

@Stanky's excellent Daihatsu Sirion, loved this.

MVI_2740_Moment10.thumb.jpg.58a400c60593c913abb16aeac11ccce0.jpg

Finally, An Modern which I hope was part of the brown gathering, if not then I filmed some random person's car.

MVI_2740_Moment11.thumb.jpg.735bcb12c23949332a59936bff44c07a.jpg

It was a bit weird that almost everything was red or black.

Finally home. Had a really lovely time and nice to meet you all, shame the journey home wasn't what I hoped for

thanks to everyone who tried to help get me going again,  @Back_For_More for offering to tow and store it, @outlaw118 for lending the rope and especially @CaptainBoom who went above and beyond to run me home to get the spare dizzy cap and then back again to the car. As it turned out it was a wild goose chase as the old one failed in exactly the same way when I fitted it!!  Clearly something very odd going on. All I can think is the rotor arm is incorrect and somehow catching and snapping the contract.  All very odd

Just to echo the thanks to @inconsistant for organising this, the venue was great and company better. We got back in about 90 minutes and the car seems loads happier having been for a long run. I gave it a wash when we got back just for good measure.

Good to see familar faces and to meet new people too. Star prize from me goes to @Leyland Worldmaster who tore the bonnet clean off his car with his bare hands, repeatedly! The A2 is truly an amazingly built car.

Delicate was a random...... Lovely looking bus to be fair... 

Front Error was @Hogie, his patient wife and great little lad Daniel. It is in fantastic condition and a credit to him.

@wesacosa no worries fella - not exactly a huge trek for me anyway. Glad you're back so easily. 

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, banter and tom foolery... 

EDIT - Six Cylinder - hope the Triumph bits come in handy at some point 

A great first meet of 2023, thanks @inconsistantfor setting it all up even if you got the weather wrong!  Good to meet all the Shiters, some i already knew and others i didn't but i do now. It's a good venue with all the requirements needed,bring on the next meet. Thanks to @vulgalour for the pictures and the video a nice reminder.

Thank you @inconsistant for organising this and tempting me to start making longer trips again.

Thank you @Back_For_More for the selection of Herald parts.

Thank you @Three Speed for the Vitesse gearbox and putting up with me wanting it instantly and following you home! I have taken it to my friend from the TSSC who is going to strip it and evaluate the condition. The replacement input shaft I bought for my gearbox is machined wrong and the circlip won't fit. He also showed me my reverse gear has some pitting so we are hoping this one is better.

The view following the Traction was great. The journey included the M25 and dual carriageway where it has a genuine cruise speed of 60 mph.

It was great to get to out and meet other shiters again. 

IMG_20230326_110440 broad.jpg

IMG_20230326_112528_1 broad.jpg

IMG_20230326_141526 broad.jpg

IMG_20230326_141534 broad.jpg

35 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Thank you @inconsistant for organising this and tempting me to start making longer trips again.

Thank you @Back_For_More for the selection of Herald parts.

Thank you @Three Speed for the Vitesse gearbox and putting up with me wanting it instantly and following you home! I have taken it to my friend from the TSSC who is going to strip it and evaluate the condition. The replacement input shaft I bought for my gearbox is machined wrong and the circlip won't fit. He also showed me my reverse gear has some pitting so we are hoping this one is better.

The view following the Traction was great. The journey included the M25 and dual carriageway where it has a genuine cruise speed of 60 mph.

It was great to get to out and meet other shiters again. 

IMG_20230326_110440 broad.jpg

IMG_20230326_112528_1 broad.jpg

IMG_20230326_141526 broad.jpg

IMG_20230326_141534 broad.jpg

The boot was a luxury gentleman’s space for leather luggage when I had it!

On wrexhamafc  women's news, they won, Erin was mentioned,  and my cousin interviewed live ( he works for the council). It's also his 50th birthday so hope he's happy! My cousin ( once removed or second cousins ?) is the Lovett family height ( 5ft) and very blond. She’s very good and has a wales cap too.

Screenshot_20230326_164448_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20230326_150321_Twitter.jpg