Collezione Thread - Guildford

CaptainBoom

spacer.png

Ugh, it’s early. I’ve woken up in an unfamiliar place. My head aches and I go to check the two most valuable possessions that I have; my plums and my wallet. Good, neither have been touched inappropriately in the four hours that I slept. I realise why I’m in an unfamiliar place. I’ve fallen out of bed and slept on the floor. I realise what my day involves and sit bolt upright. Time for a collection thread!

Vital statistics thus far:
Poo count = 0 (too nervous to open the bomb bay doors)
Hay fever count = 0 (unlike last time)
Cereal count = 1

Rewind to yesterday at work with some tool packing.  The car I am hopefully getting today has a flat(ish) battery, so I figured that the easiest* way to resolve this is to bring my own battery, some jump leads and wire them in parallel to get it to start.  Carrying a lead acid battery on public transport will be interesting.  Hazard tape can be so useful:20230218_175603421_iOS.thumb.jpg.48788370f7e5b9a2f65435355371bc1f.jpg

I improvised a carry box for it (I can already hear the cries of @Yoss as I damage RM property).

20230218_181708122_iOS.thumb.jpg.6ee7e41947bbe15d4a233f1b3569657a.jpg

But it was too weak to hold a 15kg battery.  Then I spotted a suitcase our service engineer uses at work, emptied that.  Voila!

Back to today:

Cereal, the breakfast of winnahs (or people like me who are 12 years old in their heads)

C40370F6-F7A6-45EC-B2DD-BE8999A0D0A0.thumb.jpeg.d1c2811a4826e341dd577278525a0264.jpeg

And a well-packed suitcase:

09215037-EE20-4A7F-A005-BAE8B7BD2AFD.thumb.jpeg.57d60d7c22c8f5b11d3f53357f6eae3d.jpeg

• CaptainBoom changed the title to Collezione Thread - Two girls, one (Sid)cup
  • CaptainBoom changed the title to Collezione Thread - There’s water in my loo

Ploughing through suburbia now,  and practically out of That London. Tren is posh,

image.thumb.jpg.9c711621ee5d10b96e455a7f913dbd9c.jpg

and deserted. TFFT.

The guard didn’t just check my ticket, he also checked my visa to visit such desirable areas as Guildford. They don’t just let any old rapscallion in, you know.

pc = 0 thankfully

• CaptainBoom changed the title to Collezione Thread - Deepest Surrey
  • CaptainBoom changed the title to Collezione Thread - Guildford
4 minutes ago, Missy Charm said:

Ooh lovely.  What sort is it?

Tid, with fantastic design/laquer peel on roof.

Glad its found a new home. Had one briefly a few years ago and was a nice car. Hopefully has the pre heater, but cant really moan about spec due to price :)

1 hour ago, gadgetgricey said:

Great News. Hopefully the Radio fix is easy, and then should be a daily driver.

Does it have the cloth interior? Could not really tell from pics

It has the absolutely brilliant beige velour.

image.thumb.jpg.e48c03e28724f7d7755d6c12835f5c73.jpg

1 hour ago, Saabnut said:

Trust you will now be a regular contributor on UKSaabs! :-) 

I will now, I need to work out the SID problem that the 9-3 has and the knowledge on UKSaabs is encylopaedic to say the least.  It was a few of the old guard on there who hand held me through changing a gearbox on the C900 one Easter.