don't like scrappage? don't look (or moan)

fiatdaft

j-j not directed at you,yes scrappage does waste usefull cars,but nobody wouldbuy them anyway,and if you look at my post i thought it was a shame for the vr6, but not a thing anybody can do,so i am documenting the cars through my pics.

listen you boring bastard,if you have a problem with me instead of being a keyboard warrior,why don't you pop down this way some time?put up or shut up.

If you post this stuff up, accompanied by your usual smug/glib remarks, what do you really expect to happen? We know you love scrappage because it's kept you off the dole queue, you know that you are going to upset people on here by constantly banging on about it. I really think that it's yourself who ought to do the shutting up. (Though I expect you will no doubt reply to this with more ill-thought-out arguements & personal insults, as per usual)

weaseli thought after your last replys to any of my posts you would have took the hint and fucked off,there seems to a bit of a thing with the haves and the have nots.if you remember,you have made the most ignorant remarks.btw i'm nowhere near the dole queue ,and are you still making a living ripping off folk through paypal like you tried with me?

Come on kids, fighting on the interweb is for losers so put your handbags away.Mind you this thread was always going to end up going this way, i would of thought by now FD that you of learned that any scrappage thread was going to turn ugly as no one wants to hear about the cars that are getting wasted.

so what about the spottage posts with scrappage cars in them?so burying our heads in the sand is the way forward? no a few cars have donated spares after being in various scrappage threads on various forums,the celica on retro rides for example.i have put my money in to save 2 scrappage cars,guess what? nobody was interested enough to buy them apart from the banger racers.so i would say i am very pro active in trying to save cars,instead of moaning about it on an internet forum and doing nothing about it.was it dollywobbler that saved another one aswell?

any scrappage thread was going to turn ugly as no one wants to hear about the cars that are getting wasted.

in the name of fairness can I point out that the Hunter scrappage thread...a. hasn't turned nastyb. has people interestedc. has a car getting wasted

I think the documentation of scrappage cars is very useful. None of those cars are particularly nice or unusual and will no doubt provide many useful spares. Its good to know that scrappaged classics are in the minority.I reserve the right to moan though.. Dont take it personally.:P

Very true WVM but i notice that on most forums anything to do with scrappage always gets peoples backs up because of the anger the scheme causes and often just end up in a row.The scrapping of the Hunter has given me the hump but i chose not to say anything as the thread will just turn into another rant like this one.

Yeah, I saved the Bond. Cost me a bloody fortune but I can at least say I put my money where my mouth is. Which does make me feel good..

i hear what your saying but when you start to loose money the novelty soon wares off.i saved the old rover from the banger track and then couldnt even sell it on for the same money :roll: in the past it wasnt so bad to sell on cars that had been destined for scrap but i find it quite hard nowadays as nobody seems to want cheep cars anymore :?

Yep, its £275 plus vat for as much as you can take off in 8 hours.. but if you want the engine you have to pay and extra £40 as you're not allowed to haul it out yourself. A few months ago most cars were sub £200... now most things are £400 odd, which is no use to man nor beast.

I think that's for as much as you can pull off the car in your time there.

Hmm, seems a bit steep to me. Is there really £275's worth of parts on the Sierra?

Sierra's now arrived at upullit. They want £275 plus VAT and £40 engine pull fee which seems a bit steep to me.they've pushed the prices up quite a bit recently which is a shame, makes it a lot less viable to strip a motor.

I noticed the price hike last week, nearly 40% up on the old prices, seems pointless to me as they wont sell many and the money for scrap aint that high....

Its just profiteering no doubt - they were probably selling quite a lot as it was so thought they'd hike the prices to see what they could get away with.I looked for a cougar to strip the leather out of, thinking i could flog the other bits and recoup my cost - they wanted £450 plus vat plus engine pull fee :shock: I can buy a good MOT'd on the road one for less! Ah well UPullit was good while it lasted, before the greed monster got to them :roll: