Real life ditchfinder appraisal

95 quid Peugeot

The BF Goodrich tyres on my Doblo were fucked at less than three years old because of UV damage  sidewalls cracked on all four. Loads of tread left

With no snow and little rain here, and the Doblo being as slow as Hell means I can run the cheapest I can find. They will probably succumb to UV damage way before they wear out.

E46 are quite tyre sensitive. Got continentals on mine, but i use it so little they'll be 10 years old before they wear out.

From using budgets on other cars, they either stick like shit to a blanket and wear out in about 10 minutes, or give you 30000 miles of slightly sketchy but entirely legal peformance*.

51 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I recall reading somewhere that in America tyres were much harder compound to get the miles out of them but had all the grip of a pumice stone. 

They don’t need to go round corners very often and when they do , most of their cars handle like a boat , so no one would notice how bad their tyres grip. 
Even the cops slide around all over the place.

The Volvo has been understeering across the country on budgets. None of them match and the front axle has 195 65s as opposed to the 195 60s on the rear. My favourite brandname is this one. It kinda sounds like a disease!
PXL_20230212_152140319.thumb.jpg.a69714996c48cb6247d5cd582b86a8ad.jpg

This one has decided to crack, I'm guessing in the recent cold weather
PXL_20230212_155810594.thumb.jpg.97d84d6634d69b4b5cf42f48a153f828.jpg

It's not particularly old either.

All 4 are hopefully going to be replaced on Friday.