Giovanni the Lancia Thema V6.

richbraith

That is utterly glorious. I love it. Colour is perfect. 

Thema anecdote: See this nasty, narrow humpback bridge at the bottom of a steep hill? There's a sharp left hander immediately after the bridge. In a youthful "watch this!" moment a mate jumped the bridge, failed to make the turn, and rolled his white Thema turbo onto it's roof and into the field with me and other pissed-up mates being thrown about inside like the contents of a washing machine. Happy days. 

Interesting indeed. I've had a few Themas in my time Inc 3.0 v6 and 8.32.  There's a same colour s2 v6 auto in the uk, previously owned by a couple of the Thema & dedra consortium members. They both really rate the prv Thema.  @lanciamatton here being one of them.

Best of luck with it and join the tdc for much tech  advice and access to parts. 

Love this, and kudos to you for going through with it. I once looked at importing a thema estate but did t get very far.

That colour combo is just SO tasteful and perfect for the car. True Italian style.

Im particularly in love with the interior and all those dials in the instrument cluster. I’ll go weak at the knees if the labels are in Italian.

6 hours ago, Lanciaman said:

Interesting indeed. I've had a few Themas in my time Inc 3.0 v6 and 8.32.  There's a same colour s2 v6 auto in the uk, previously owned by a couple of the Thema & dedra consortium members. They both really rate the prv Thema.  @lanciamatton here being one of them.

Best of luck with it and join the tdc for much tech  advice and access to parts. 

Cheers, I've narrowly missed buying that very car before! 

Just joined the TDC, seems to be a must if you own one.  My previous stricken Turbo actually came from them.

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

That is absolutely fantastic.  Did they ever sell the V6 version here?  I'd assume it'd be a bit overshadowed by the Turbo.

Also - [barefoot] Twat. [/barefoot]

I know they did in Series 1, but I've never seen a UK supplied S2 or S3 (with the Busso) V6.

I don't think I've ever seen a basic 2.0 8v in RHD either, of any age.

10 hours ago, richbraith said:

I know they did in Series 1, but I've never seen a UK supplied S2 or S3 (with the Busso) V6.

I don't think I've ever seen a basic 2.0 8v in RHD either, of any age.

No, only the s1 came to the UK in v6 auto flavour.    I believe the s2 prv v6 engine  had a fair few differences to s1 but can't recall what. Need to go hunt now. 

There were some base ones back in the day. My first was an 8v ie lx so fogs, alcantara, auto heating etc.   I don't think we got a true base in the uk, with steel wheels and bin lid trims. 

Yeah that s2 turbo from the tdc was, supposed to be scrapped but the guy before you took it on with best intentions....