3 months with a Bini

bezzabsa

Well after being told of impending doom cos of buying an R56, well I've slapped a clutch and 4tyres on it......that's it..

Continues to run n drive fine, had a problem around 1800 revs where it hesitates....but topping the oil off and reading the  code for MAF sensor had it back to normal.

When weather Improves I have a rear bumper and stripes to add to it, rear bumper was damaged when I bought it , £20 on Ebay and 13quid in fuel lol..

So to all the nay sayers I say BUM.....

LOL

I've been running an R55 Clubman Cooper 1.6 petrol for 4 years. Regular oil top ups and 12 monthly oil changes and it has been OK.

I had two R50 Coopers before, both had gearboxes, burst rads, noisy steering pumps  and a host of electrical gremlins. One had a spark plug try to make its way through the bonnet once.

The R55 has been like a VW compared to the R50s, despite what the neigh sayers will have you believe.

I've had two in this week, both with (different forms of) HGF. One 180bhp clubman 57 plate, another 210bhp cooper works 60 plate 😬

Pressurising on the clubman, oil leaking on the cooper works. 

K-Seal duly remedied the former. "Super knocking" fault code logged so it's not long for this world anyway

The latter is a firm "keep an eye on" 

On the subject of oil leaks, they're prone to pissing it out from the o-ring on the Vanos solenoid. A nice steady stream. 

Fun cars when they work, but very very needy. Costly to maintain and costly to repair when they break. 

If you start having engine troubles, just get rid. It's good money being thrown after bad

I have 2 vanos solenoids on my shelf just in case LOL

Done 2500 miles so all in all I'm impressed few niggles like swapping from radio to CD or vice versa involves menus not good when driving, plus lack of bluetooth music is a pisser..