Grizzโ€™s OCD Awesome ASTRO Van ๐Ÿš™ Megane SCENIC 1.5dci ๐Ÿš™ MX5 JEEP For Sale.๐Ÿšจ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ USA Road Trip

grizz

1 hour ago, grizz said:

ย 

IMG_2979.jpeg

i'm fairly sure the parcel shelf sits on the lower ledges to form a false floor vaguely level with the folded seats

quite an interesting mpv there mr grizz, i approve on the paint repairs. its looking rather good now all the detritus has been dealt with, i have some of that soft texture coating stuff to deal with on the fusion (which i accidentally removed some of using a hay fever allergy wipe from aldi!) on the same sort of route i need to repolish the headlamps, i have another set i polished and laquered but there not aligned correctly and the brackets are damaged and im not 100% happy with them, i have seen someone rub over the plastic with fine sandpaper then spray on insect repellent and buff them off, but non sure of the ingredient that would leave them shining again so may just try the mop and some automotive metal polish.ย 

dose it have an awful electronic handbrake? id not trust it! please leave it in gear if it dose!

1 hour ago, SilverMachine said:

quite an interesting mpv there mr grizz, i approve on the paint repairs. its looking rather good now all the detritus has been dealt with, i have some of that soft texture coating stuff to deal with on the fusion (which i accidentally removed some of using a hay fever allergy wipe from aldi!) on the same sort of route i need to repolish the headlamps, i have another set i polished and laquered but there not aligned correctly and the brackets are damaged and im not 100% happy with them, i have seen someone rub over the plastic with fine sandpaper then spray on insect repellent and buff them off, but non sure of the ingredient that would leave them shining again so may just try the mop and some automotive metal polish.ย 

dose it have an awful electronic handbrake? id not trust it! please leave it in gear if it dose!

Thank you.ย 
ย 

I am happy, very happy with it.ย 
ย 

Of course as always, if someone needed it more ยฃยฃยฃโ€™s than me, it goes.ย 
But it would mean finding another and I doubt that lightning strikes twice like this.ย 
Saying that, I need to remind myself of the 2000 ย 4.3 V6 auto S10 that was a factory special with 38k miles. And unexpectedly the 1990 4.3 V6 auto Astro with 78k miles ย All my cars need a bit or a lot of fettling or tidying up. ย 
ย 

Regarding the soft touch plastics, I was surprised at how well a combination of Elbow Grease and elbow grease worked.ย 
ย 

Regarding the headlights, I have done many, both my own as well as random other peoples headlights and rear lights with G3 polishing compound.ย 
ย 

โ€œThat Handbrakeโ€ Yes, bastard thing is fitted.ย 
ย 

I always park all manual cars in gear.ย 

• Like 2

Do I like it?ย 
ย 

Do I love it?ย 
ย 

Do I sell it?ย 
ย 

Do I keep it?

ย 

Do I need it?

ย 

Do I want it?

ย 

NO, I LOVE IT, (for now ๐Ÿ˜‰)

ย 

So two weeks after buying it, ยฃ100.00 spent on it, including the train fare and many hours used up fettling damage and cleaning every shut line, the scuttle and engine bay, interior, plus catching up on 19 years of โ€œneglectโ€ in places like the sunroof etc. that had no use or attention since day one.ย 

Soย 400 miles/two weeks later and getting to know it a bit betterโ€ฆโ€ฆ ย 

How do I feel about one of the many impulse car buys I have done over the years?ย 

Keep in mind, literally a minute before I messaged the seller, ย I had tried to motivate someone else in Manchester to just get on a train, drive, cycle, hitchhike or walk to buy and collect it before thinking that it really did offer as much and more than Prozac the 2000 1.4 petrol Berlingo I had bought for ยฃ250.00 years ago. So the ยฃ700.00 advertised price to me was equivalent to what the Berlingo had cost way back. I have a good friend who is paying ยฃ760.09 per month for a three year old BMW.ย 
ย 

Driving and living my first 400 miles with the Scenic has been a really pleasant experience so far. ย 
The 106bhp 1.5 liter diesel engine, used in many other brands including Mercedes Benz, is pleasant, quiet and the 6 speed transmission really well designed to compliment the engine.ย 
Inside, getting into the car, seats are higher than most sports cars and even things like Ford Focus or Fiesta for comparison. This alongside the raised driving position, large front and side glass makes it awesome to use. Add in the glass sunroof and your feeling of space and openess really increases exponentially.ย 

A few things I have noticed about it will not stop my enjoyment or itโ€™s functionality and includes 1.) Aircon- Doesnโ€™t. 2.) Rear windows Donโ€™t work predictably. 3.) Radio occasionally changes stations R2 to R3 ย (I will not be going any further trying to fix any of these problems) Beyond that, its an awesome car. Just brilliant. Done two small, โ€œvan jobsโ€ ย so far ย 

ย 

So the reserve light, indicating 62 miles or 100km left to go, came on on Wednesday. I carried on driving it some more and went to fill it at the local serviced Gulf station and insisted the guy fill it after the first click off and it took another 5 liters of diesel. Totalling ยฃ86.10 ย for 57.5 liters diesel. ย 
ย 

This is a clever car and I am still getting to grips with itโ€™s onboard computer etc. ย So I zeroed the trip meter and noticed it showed 47.5 mpg for the previous 400 miles. It also showed at the tanks full point, a range of 600 miles or 1000 kilometres.ย 
Unlikely for me to reach that as I drive reasonably briskly. But that would have resulted in the indicated 47.5mpg.ย 
ย 

Does it sound like I have reason to be happy??ย 
ย 

I think so.ย 
ย 

Some pics of course.ย 
ย 

Next to itโ€™s spiritual predecessor at a bootfair and a sunset pic.ย 

IMG_9495.jpeg

IMG_9169.jpeg

IMG_9168.jpeg

IMG_3146.jpeg

• Like 4

I seem to have a real problem with wheels.ย 
ย 

I do like them.ย 
ย 

A lot.ย 
ย 

ย 

Was thinking about what I could do to screw up my pretty car.ย 
ย 

Cheap, unusual, 16โ€ or more, tyres included. You knowโ€ฆ.. wishful thinking. ย 
ย 

Stillโ€ฆโ€ฆ.

ย 

Something interesting could be around the corner.ย 
ย 

ย 

Pics, ideas etc.ย 

ย 

I donโ€™t really want to machine centre bores, which are large on the Scenic.ย 
ย 

The gold wheels are an example of 17โ€ in gold. I do like brash gold.ย 
ย 

ย 

Over to you guys in case any one has an opinion or advice, alongside the expected โ€œjust leave it aloneโ€ย 

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

IMG_3356.jpeg

Google speaks French.ย 
ย 

Result was these pics.ย 
ย 

I have realised I love the colour matched bumpers and door strips. ย 

IMG_3365.jpeg

IMG_3366.jpeg

IMG_3367.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg

• Like 2

your wheels options are almost endless with 4x100 just watch that centre hole and the hub centres i think there bigger on renaults than vauxhalls but i may be remembering wrong! them gold ones look great and the colour would compliment the blue or would the blue complement the gold! also the bumper inserts and rub strips do look more gooder body colour, although theres a part of me wondering if you could forsake the rub strips entirely? guess it depends how they decided to mount them!ย  also, when i got the aldi, the windows were all temperamental, but stripping the switches down and giving the switching contacts a good clean and sorted that out, was a bit fiddly though!

17 hours ago, SilverMachine said:

your wheels options are almost endless with 4x100 just watch that centre hole and the hub centres i think there bigger on renaults than vauxhalls but i may be remembering wrong! them gold ones look great and the colour would compliment the blue or would the blue complement the gold! also the bumper inserts and rub strips do look more gooder body colour, although theres a part of me wondering if you could forsake the rub strips entirely? guess it depends how they decided to mount them!ย  also, when i got the aldi, the windows were all temperamental, but stripping the switches down and giving the switching contacts a good clean and sorted that out, was a bit fiddly though!

ย 

I certainly agree with all your comments.ย 
ย 

Electrics are a dark art and my biggest fear is a door glass down and not being able to get it up againย 

Quick couple of pics of the first two โ€œjobsโ€ the Scenic had to do.ย 

ย 

Collection of four golf buggy wheels and also a once used kettle BBQ (fully assembled) where the rear seatbacks went down for a tight fit.ย 

ย 

BBQ cleaned up with Elbow Grease and satin black over the handle and legs just to tidy up.ย 

ย 

Taken to Sallys house, only to be told she has one. WTF ???ย 

Never told me in 5 years. But she loves a BBQย 

Asked why she never told me, her response โ€œI don't like to make smoke in case it upsets the neighbours โ€œ SERIOUSLY WTF ??ย 

ย 

I must be pretty stupid. (No need to agree or confirm that)ย 

ย 

But free cash is good ย 

BBQ was used once.ย 

IMG_9193.jpeg

IMG_9190.jpeg

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_9520.jpeg

IMG_9323.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm a bit surprised actually, my 4x4 duster with the same engine gets that ragging around the hills of the North Pennines.ย  I reckon you can do even better.

42 minutes ago, loserone said:

I'm a bit surprised actually, my 4x4 duster with the same engine gets that ragging around the hills of the North Pennines.ย  I reckon you can do even better.

That is me driving like โ€œnormal โ€œ (briskly)ย 

ย 

So I suspect you are right.ย 

ยฃ900.00 car, soon to be scrapped.ย 
ย 

Such a sad wasteย 

ย 

New stripes ย 

ย 

ย 

Don't forget to check the ET / offset of any wheels that take your fancy as the offset is the last of "three" (PCD, centre bore and offset) and will make the wheel sit further out (stick out beyond bodywork) or in , sit nearer the inner wheel arch and possible foul the suspension...

ย 

If you are going body colour rubbing strip get some this to fill the gouges on the plastic ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313744391653?epid=4017005821&itmmeta=01J0JNKZSA0QYHPY7GXM3AJGAB&hash=item490c9f7de5:g:JsUAAOSwkxZiBQJw&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4J9Fs%2FF1p%2FFY1njw4QPFB8jGIql%2BsoLuIb83zMYEtVcOjG5JjVFeMSfL7DiyONpHvgRWaHlhTqIMKvV%2F7%2BK%2FLSoVO9BGsQ9l7CZKLjsIbAZhO%2FXNGQskP7lIgUgDmn4vYtYZQa0GuMBXPh2GOd%2FGFPXYcGtUvz3euOE9j0fWDRrxWWK0%2F325%2FgrrYdjymlglRTU1htxw8e1LUptDUal1PLrRBfnHEfFTg9eqV1Mb3hMv6z86p1Faz6F3wASpr%2BdK3i1b2pIJHMMHPwX2y4ZkVbH0tAdOmoIx6rjAaKPWoQc5|tkp%3ABFBM4PzP1YRk

ย 

5 minutes ago, grizz said:

ยฃ900.00 car, soon to be scrapped.ย 
ย 

Such a sad wasteย 

ย 

New stripes ย 

ย 

ย 

Roffle ?

10 minutes ago, Westbay said:

Roffle ?

Yes.ย 
ย 

If you manage it.ย 
ย 

I aint got the skills or CBA.ย 

So??ย 
ย 

Going down the pan?ย 
ย 

Or exciting anyone else out there??ย 
ย 

Bought some paint yesterdayย 

ย 

What could go wrong?ย 
ย 

Colour matching?ย 
ย 

I always stop to say hi to the staff at the Turkish restaurant. Nice people.ย 
ย 

Manager offered me a coffee, which I accepted and sat out on the sidewalk with, watching the insane world go by.ย 
ย 

Did I mention that Life is Good?ย 

AI may also have made some suggestions, thanks to a creative member playing around with it ย Thanks @Dick Longbridge

ย 

ย 

IMG_9577.jpeg

IMG_9584.jpeg

ย 

So back on track with the Scenic.ย 

ย 

I bought the blue colour matched paint to probably paint all the grey painted door and bumper rubbing strips blue.ย 

ย 

I will bring an update about the Scenic as seen by AI soon.ย 

ย 

Not driven the Astro in almost two weeks.ย 

ย 

Using it as a daily was brilliant. ย 

ย 

But the Scenic is just such a cool functional car.ย 

ย 

ย 

Astro makes a good backdrop for Aaron the lodger who loves a bit of late afternoon sun.ย 

ย 

This pic was taken at 18.30ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

IMG_9397.jpeg

• grizz changed the title to Grizzโ€™s OCD Awesome ASTRO Van ๐Ÿš™ Megane SCENIC 1.5dci ๐Ÿš™ Peugeot 206 CC ๐Ÿธ ROFFLE ๐Ÿธ Jeep up for grabs too.๐Ÿšจ

Thanks to @loseroneย for pointing out the error of my ways.ย 
ย 

Brilliant little French number.ย 
ย 

138bhp in a lightweight car.ย 
ย 

Yours for a Tango of passion.ย 
ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Also available for ยฃ900.00 โ€œGet in and drive it off into the sunsetโ€

Randomness Alert.ย 
ย 
My and my brother Deonโ€™s dad in 1962ย 
Front row, second from left.ย 
He was part of the staff at Saasveld Forestry College.ย 
After getting polio in the 50โ€™s global epidemic he worked as a school teacher in a place called Sedgefield, then went into Forestry as teacher on staff, before joining Civil Service till retirement.ย 
I love the class name list, including nicknames, totally lost in translation from Afrikaans to English.ย 
ย 

I love the way his hands are not together as he was always busy doing things.ย 

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3439.jpeg

Pollen levels today.

ย 

VERY HIGH.

ย 

Went down to the Isle of Grain for a walk yesterday.

ย 

Summertime is warm enough too.

ย 

Map shows where I went in redย 

ย 

Looking carefully you can see it is on the tip of the willy on the map.ย 

ย 

George waiting for me to get home from playing ball with Bonnie ย 

ย 

Animals ย love them ย 

ย 

IMG_9611.jpeg

IMG_9657.jpeg

IMG_9658.jpeg

IMG_9661.jpeg

IMG_3451.png

IMG_9673.jpeg

IMG_9674.jpeg

087CB5AD-A834-4E1C-ACB7-5E8B10C94BFF.jpeg

• Like 2

Copied from WANTED Ad as not everyone reads everything.
ย 

I am not sure how cheaply this will be happening but I need to go speak to a guy who has a rotten Vito stored in UncleBob the Hoarders yard about maybe buying or trading or just taking the rails off his van.ย 
ย 

On the Scenic I have a maximum of 1.8 m or 6โ€™ that can be achieved by cutting short the Vitoโ€™s 7โ€™ or 2.1 m rails.ย 
ย 

They are only planned for aesthetics not function.ย 
ย 

So getting painted and mounted on the roof.ย 
ย 

I know that asking costs me nothing and someone may have a random pretty set stashed somewhere.ย 
ย 

So the look I would like to achieve is shown in the AI generated pics that @Dick Longbridgeย generated for me or the world really.ย 
ย 

Anyone got something between 5-6 foot long laying about??

ย 

PM please.ย 

IMG_3454.jpeg

IMG_3455.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

IMG_3379.jpeg

• Like 2

gotta ask, what are those small things with the tooth picks in them? they look good!!

IMG_9584.jpeg

1 hour ago, bezzabsa said:

gotta ask, what are those small things with the tooth picks in them? they look good!!

IMG_9584.jpeg

Pure diabetic coma.ย 
ย 

Deep fried dough balls soaked in a ginger flavoured syrup.ย 
ย 

Amazing with an unsweetened coffee.ย 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grizz said:

Pure diabetic coma.ย 
ย 

Deep fried dough balls soaked in a ginger flavoured syrup.ย 
ย